Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Sim City 13 situation is on the horizon.

JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
edited September 2015 in Off Topic Chat
Remember how EA royally screwed up the Sim City series? By making the game something it isn't and then abandoning it? They did the exact same with Sims 4 (messing it up), slowly EA are cutting communication with their fans. I honestly can't see TS4 living as long as the previous chapters of the game.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,917 Member
    edited September 2015
    deleted after thread title change
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I guess we'll see what happens after Get Together.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I'm sorry, what's that? :blush:
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I don't know what SC 13 is. Seems I'm not alone. Can you clarify?
  • Options
    dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    I see it happening after this Fiscal Year is up so in like March 2016 we will see Sims 4 just get cut, if it doesn't happen then I give it one more year and that's it.
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Can you explain this please? If it is about supercomputing it would be welcome.

Yeah I should've made it more obvious sorry about that. I'm sure you've heard of Sim City 13, right? Well EA made it online and people exploded, so they just patched in an offline version and then completley abandoned the game. I expect in TS4's case, it won't live as long as 1,2, and 3.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I think we are already arriving at that situation, though there are still many fans who are loving the game. If I recall the Sims City debacle it took a lot less time for players to abandon ship.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    I see it happening after this Fiscal Year is up so in like March 2016 we will see Sims 4 just get cut, if it doesn't happen then I give it one more year and that's it.

I agree. I've seen too many parallels between Sims 4 and SimCity 2013.

• Options
    Changed OP to make it easier to understand.
  • Options
    KatsKats wrote: »
    I think we are already arriving at that situation, though there are still many fans who are loving the game. If I recall the Sims City debacle it took a lot less time for players to abandon ship.

I think a lot of people (I said "a lot", not all) are only sticking around because there a no other Life Sims. If someone released some competition to TS4 I'm sure we'd get EA begging for mercy.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    sim city 2013's backlash was quick and fierce and ea ignored it as long as they could until it just kept snowballing... then ea's hem hawing, jumbled up, patronizing lack of response or concern just made people go ballistic... even one of their interchangeable ceo's had to resign. ts4 is a slow simmer... like that poor frog in water who doesn't know the water is heating up to boiling.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I think the possiblity to fix Sims 4 is there... they are just to stubborn and set in this "single YA, party lifestyle" idea of theirs to get to where they need to be to save the game. I've drawn my line in the sand. That time passed yesterday. Do I still have hope? Sure. That's why I keep up with the forums. Do I believe EA will actually do what needs to be done to save this game? Not really. They've disappointed to much in the past year to have me truly believe in them.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Yeah I see that happening if they keep going in the direction they're going. But who knows? Maybe they'll turn things around and start listening more to actually make a really great game before it's too late.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I am so surprised that some other gaming company hasn't tried to buy out The Sims.
  • Options
    I think the possiblity to fix Sims 4 is there... they are just to stubborn and set in this "single YA, party lifestyle" idea of theirs to get to where they need to be to save the game. I've drawn my line in the sand. That time passed yesterday. Do I still have hope? Sure. That's why I keep up with the forums. Do I believe EA will actually do what needs to be done to save this game? Not really. They've disappointed to much in the past year to have me truly believe in them.

I agree. This game did have potential, but as I've seen others say, we can't play with potential.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I agree. This game did have potential, but as I've seen others say, we can't play with potential.

Exactly.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,917 Member
    When you have a game you love, like SimCity (Rush Hour deluxe) or Sims 3 all you want is more of the same but faster, easier to play, no bugs and at an advanced computing level like 64 bit. If either of these games were reworked in the same fashion as before I would still be playing them happily. And probably paying for all the additions again! The same goes for The Sims (original) and Sims2 which I paid a lot for over the years. It's like re-reading a favourite book over and over again.

I really am losing interest in Sims4 as a game but still enjoy building the houses. Unfortunately the game is lessening my interest in all the series as a whole and I spend more time on other games.

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited September 2015
    the game is now a year old. the newness is gone. each month there's less and less people picking up this game from the bargain bin to buy... and no matter how many expansions get the amanda bynes-on-fire-selfie, drunk-dancing lindsay lohan frenzy-fest...

ea is running out of options to save ts4. and if there's anything you can count on with ea --- if you're not making them enough money, "bye, bye!"
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Remember how EA royally screwed up the Sim City series? By making the game something it isn't and then abandoning it? They did the exact same with Sims 4 (messing it up), slowly EA are cutting communication with their fans. I honestly can't see TS4 living as long as the previous chapters of the game.

There is a chance that this will happen.
    Unlike Square Enix which turned the huge flop at launch FFXIV into a big hit, they apologized to their fans and admitted the game was not according to the standards of Final Fantasy game, so what they did is build the game from ground again and rereleased it. I don't think EA is going to be in that shoe, so there is more chance that it might head to SC13 fiasco.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

There is a chance that this will happen.
    Unlike Square Enix which turned the huge flop at launch FFXIV into a big hit, they apologized to their fans and admitted the game was not according to the standards of Final Fantasy game, so what they did is build the game from ground again and rereleased it. I don't think EA is going to be in that shoe, so there is more chance that it might head to SC13 fiasco.

This.
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I don't think EA messed up on anything. Sure there was stuff left out of Sims 4 but im sure that it will get better.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4 has already outsold the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, as well as being #3 most played on Origin. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I agree. They definitely make similar mistakes with the Sims 4.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    The Sims 4 has already outsold the Sims 2 and the Sims 3, as well as being #3 most played on Origin. o:)

And a majority who was a fan of Sim City (as well as new fans) bought Sim City 5 in very high hopes and played it for a about a year until disappointment got too big and they gave up. I was on that wave myself and read the forums everyday.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    "Off Topic Section" Okay then, keep on denying it.