Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate myself.

JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
edited July 2015 in Off Topic Chat
Guess who just spilt lemonade into their gaming rig? Yeah. Me. I looked up online what to do and it said I should have unplugged the pc immediately, but in a panic I forgot. About 5 seconds after the spill, pc powers off. I tried to turn it on again, no response. I wish I could travel back to 15 minutes ago...

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Darn! I'm so sorry. :(
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Darn! I'm so sorry. :(

:/ I'm going to try and power it up again but I'm nervous xD
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,656 Member
    I feel for ya. I did that a few years back on my old laptop, it wasn't a gaming laptop, but still; I was devastated. XD

If it does start are you gonna buy a new one? O.o
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I only have snacks when I'm using my PC. I had pizza yesterday while playing lol. I always put drinks on the nearby shelf so if I accidently spill one, it reaches my clothes and not my precious desktop. I hope it's working fine.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »
    I feel for ya. I did that a few years back on my old laptop, it wasn't a gaming laptop, but still; I was devastated. XD

Do you mean if it doesn't start up? I can't afford a new one. It'll be back to my Toshiba Satellite.
  • Options
    Worst part is, my dad paid for half of it, I feel so bad...
  • Options

Do you mean if it doesn't start up? I can't afford a new one. It'll be back to my Toshiba Satellite.
    Is your Toshiba good?
  • Options

Is your Toshiba good?

It plays the Sims 3 base game on lowest settings no eps.
  • Options

Is your Toshiba good?

I feel bad for you. :'(

Do you have TS2 UC? I'm sure you could play that on at least Medium Settings.
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    Aw that's plum. I'm so sorry that happened, I hope it starts working. :neutral:
    Reminds me of the time I spilled an entire bottle of water on my laptop. It wasn't a high end laptop, but it had all of my school work on it.
  • Options

Is your Toshiba good?

Yeah that's probably what I'll do. But it's just the fact that all that hard earned money is down the drain because of one tiny mistake. My hubby is going to be so mad xD
  • Options

Is your Toshiba good?

Yeah that's probably what I'll do. But it's just the fact that all that hard earned money is down the drain because of one tiny mistake. My hubby is going to be so mad xD
    How much was the desktop?
  • Options

Is your Toshiba good?

How much was the desktop?

About a thousand.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    This is precisely why I don't let ANY LIQUIDS, closed or opened, near my computer. This very reason right here.

I'm sorry this happened to you. :(
  • Options
    This is precisely why I don't let ANY LIQUIDS, closed or opened, near my computer. This very reason right here.

I wish I was as intelligent as you.
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    i hate myself too let's be friends
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Thank you. I mean, mistakes happen. I'm just accident prone and my niece is hyper so I just feel better if there wasn't anything around my computer that would potentially damage. You are plenty intelligent, you just made a mistake.

Have you tried powering it up again?

• Options

Thank you. I mean, mistakes happen. I'm just accident prone and my niece is hyper so I just feel better if there wasn't anything around my computer that would potentially damage. You are plenty intelligent, you just made a mistake.

Have you tried powering it up again?

I'm scared to. I'll try it now...brb.
  • Options
    Pressed power button, nothing happened.
  • Options
    I just asked my mom about computer warranties (even though she barely knows how to use her own non gaming Dell laptop). Does your computer have a current warranty? If so it might cover the damage.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,938 Member
    Oh, man! I'm so sorry that happened. That is my biggest fear. Heck, I get nervous if just my grandchildren get too close to my gaming rig. :open_mouth: I do live in risky mode, sometimes, inasmuch, as I do have bottles of water handy. But I try to make sure I screw on the cap after I've had a sip. That bad news is, sometimes the water company fills those bottles too full and with the really cheapo plastic their using, with the skinny lids (all in the name of saving the planet) oftentimes, just trying to open a brand new bottle can cause spillage. Generally, I'm opening it up right in front of me, but that puts my keyboard at risk. I've had two of them today!

Hope your PC powers up, after its had sufficient time to dry out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Oh, man! I'm so sorry that happened. That is my biggest fear. Heck, I get nervous if just my grandchildren get too close to my gaming rig. :open_mouth: I do live in risky mode, sometimes, inasmuch, as I do have bottles of water handy. But I try to make sure I screw on the cap after I've had a sip. That bad news is, sometimes the water company fills those bottles too full and with the really cheapo plastic their using, with the skinny lids (all in the name of saving the planet) oftentimes, just trying to open a brand new bottle can cause spillage. Generally, I'm opening it up right in front of me, but that puts my keyboard at risk. I've had two of them today!

I don't even let anyone BREATHE near my computer without my written permission and my computer isn't even a gaming computer. I'm just unnecessarily protective of my stuff.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I just asked my mom about computer warranties (even though she barely knows how to use her own non gaming Dell laptop). Does your computer have a current warranty? If so it might cover the damage.

I'm not %100 sure. My hubby sorted that kind of stuff out so I'll have to ask him.
  • Options

I'm not %100 sure. My hubbu sorted that kind of stuff out so I'll have to ask him.

Alright, so hopefully he got a good warranty and they can fix it for you. In the meantime, I'd wait a few hours then try powering up again.

• Options

Yeah, I regret not being more careful. I'm going to attempt to power it up twice a day for the next 3 days and if nothing happens I'll take it to a repair shop. I just hope I'll only have to replace a part or two and not the whole thing...