Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,239 Member
    Another Chapter of Monday's Child: Arwyn is up. A fan meet and greet brings out is arrogant and self-absorbed sides a bit more.

Chapter 26
    image.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    If I was going to do a picture for the entire Swanson Family ( 7 generations from founders -present should I include their spouses as well for main heir and heiress from founder to-present)? I know I'm going to be having to track down CC for the characters' clothing from Clarrisa to the 1980s.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea now Disney villians for my fake Evil Relgion have 2 new hoildays I renamed the hoildays "Prank Day to Shadowman Day and I renamed Brawl Day to Ratcliffe Day.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,891 Member
    Generation V Chapter Eight: Off Duty

Hattie pushes Kressida and Billy to spend a night alone for the first time in a while as they have a date night at the Country Club!

Screenshot-138.jpg

I hope you enjoy it and don't forget the survey is running until the 5th February!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Another chapter of Monday's Child is up, just a little slice of life as Arwyn de-stresses at the end of the day.
    Chapter 27
    image.png
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Nine: Growing Fast

Louis and Melody enter the next stages of their childhoods and Kressida puts on a brave face for Louis' first day of Elementary School. Billy continues to work hard in the military as they prepare for the arrival of baby number 3!

Screenshot-217.jpg

I hope you enjoy it and don't forget the fan favourites vote is running until Monday!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,554 Member
  • Options
    new chapter
    new chapter!
    tMq181J.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 1
    I do not know if I will be able to find the restaurant I used way back in 2018 for one chapter and I don't know if I can re-create it myself when I didn't create the OG restaurant

Well this makes me REALLY grumpy I can't find it online and I only have pictures of one side and I can't remember the name of the restaurant or anything or how big.
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Ten: The Next Generation

Kressida has some unexpected news just before her birthday and Louis starts High School!

Screenshot-68-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy it and don't forget the fan favourites vote is running until Monday!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 6
    I normally don't get crushes on my Sims but I did today- Ralph Red, is dressed as Superman for "Villians' Day" my Sims'
    version of Halloween

OWjmnDX.png
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Eleven: Hopes and Dreams

A teenage Louis starts working on a project with his dad while the younger members of the family continue to grow. Billy and Kressida sit down and have a serious think about the future.

Screenshot-9-1.jpg

I loved getting to use the fixer upper car from Roaring Heights! Wonder if any readers were surprised by Kressida's request? :joy:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CathyTea now Disney villians for my fake Evil Relgion have 2 new hoildays I renamed the hoildays "Prank Day to Shadowman Day and I renamed Brawl Day to Ratcliffe Day.

This sounds really fun, Magna!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

This sounds really fun, Magna!

app's down today so I can't film my current chapter
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    I have a question, and I don't know if this quite the place to put it, but it feels right. What do you do when you have a sort of storyline you want to play and write, but you're not quite sure how to make it.... story-worthy?
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,773 Member
    @Chrinnie

In complete honesty practically any idea can be 'story-worthy', it just depends mainly on your preference - if you want to write something strictly close to your gameplay (in terms of just writing what happens in your gameplay, maybe with some extra commentary) or something more fleshed out (adding in your own sort of story to go alongside your gameplay).

As someone who prefers writing more narrative-heavy stories, I tend to start off planning by writing every rough idea I have for the plot (no matter how rough) and then start building some ideas for main characters, and then there's at least a start. I have a lot of ideas for stories, but very rarely do I think of a way to turn them into full-on plots or gameplay scenarios...

I would say if you want to do the latter and do gameplay but with your own story elements - before you start your gameplay, maybe write some things you want to include in the story (maybe rough ideas for character personalities, their Traits if you want to include those) and then maybe as a first idea, a kind of an early story-driving event of some kind. Then that way you at least have a sort of a story starter, and then that way you can start doing the rest of your storytelling with gameplay.

An example would be: I did a challenge a while back (Arcane Academy Challenge) which involved the Realm of Magic pack, having to fulfil a bunch of related challenges and then eventually build your own magic school. The starting event of the actual story element was that the main character got kicked out of the Magic Realm's school and then vowed to get revenge by training enough to make a better one.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    @SnowBnuuy Thanks for this. I just have this problem where I start something, and then it trails off because I haven't much of a story behind it. Just trying to work out an idea in my head that I like, but don't want to let it trail off.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble getting Wordpress to load? It just seems to load and load for minutes. the one time I did get as far as my site, it tried to tell tme there were no posts even though I could see the total at the top. Last month, I did eventually get it to load and let me create new posts, but not this month apparently. I'm ready to just be done with the whole thing. Not even sure I want to try to figure out a new blog site. Not if I can't even link to my old posts. I thought maybe Wordpress was trying to get me to switch to using Jetpack, but that won't load either. Then I was going to see what I could do on my phone, where the Jetpack app actually does load for some strange reason, only to have imgur refuse to let me log in using Facebook. Must be a sign.
    image.png
  • Options
    @CathyTea you might want to check the annoucment about this forum closing in July
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    new chapter!:

cYrDxcc.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Thirteen Part I: Class Clown

The first in a three parter that covers the eldest children entering the unruly teenager phase! Baby no. 7 is on the way and Kressida and Billy have a hard time policing one of their teens.

Screenshot-27-1.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Seems Wordptess decided to start working again if still a bit sluggishly. It only took several hours figuring out how to get everything moved to Wix. A very suspicious coincidence if you ask me. Anyway, I can finally Chapter 28 of Monday's Child: Arwyn here
    image.png
  • Options

Just a little announcement about my next chapter if you suddenly start reading the next chapter (interlude 7.7) and you haven't read the other 125 posts -what the pics represent song wise, might be confusing to you since except for the person singing it will all be mostly flashback of the other 5-6 generations
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Generation V Chapter Thirteen Part II: A Real Boy

The second in a three parter that covers the eldest children entering the unruly teenager phase! Billy helps Persephone realise her wildest dreams as one of her dolls comes to life!

Screenshot-47-1.jpg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top