The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    edited December 2016
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    @Erica87 I did chuckle at your 5 hour stint to get one woo hoo!
    @simmerkayla welcome hope your baby challenge goes well,
    I have a note book to keep track of the baby daddies and their offspring lol

Haha, well at least someone can laugh about it... :lol: At the time I was absolutely furious and I'm still not over it. Planning to feed Jacques to our cowplant, I just don't know how to do that yet as I can't control him.
    My matriarch Cora is on a boy roll! Every child so far has been male. Twins Gabriel and Grayson are now teens. She has two children, Jace and Cole, and a new baby named Milo. She had carrots in her garden but never eats them- however, superstitious me sold the plant off because we need a girl up in here!

Hey, wanna switch sims? You get a girl, I get a boy... :smiley: You're so lucky with the boys and twins, the names of your sims are lovely! I got the fertile trait for Rose and built a Spa for the neighbourhood, I really hope I can join the matriarchs-who-had-twins club soon :smile:

Now that I'm not a new member anymore I can show you some pictures of my challenge as well:

Rose Babbs
    Romantic, Family-oriented, Perfectionist.
    She's currently doing the collector aspiration because the family one requires the sim to be an adult.
    Rose-01.png

Alexa
    Good, Rambunctious Scamp, daughter of Jacques Villareal.
    Her skin is a mix between Rose and Jacques, her eyes are from Jacques and the hair color from Rose.
    Alexa-01.png

Bessie
    Of course I can't ignore the family cowplant. Her name is Bessie. She's nice unless you provoke her.
    Cowplant-01.png

House
    This is the current house. I plan on relocating the garden to a fixed space, right now it's being moved often.
    The next expansion will expand the kids bedroom towards the back but I don't have any money left right now.
    House-01.png
    Post edited by Erica87 on
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    Everything looks great, @Erica87! Your house is way nicer than mine! I figure we'll muddle through for this generation and then should hopefully have enough money in the second to get a much nicer place.

My boy streak is still ongoing! Cora now has 12 children and is pregnant with #13- 11 of them being boys. Aye ye ye. I had to move her only girl out because she's almost halfway through adulthood (I accidentally aged Corawith a birthday cake when she had 7 YA days remaining *cry*) and needed to make room for more babies. So I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that #13 will be a girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @simmerkayla How, just how are you so fast? You're on baby 13 - I'm on baby 2 and I started earlier than you and basically do nothing except playing all day long. I want to have your mad skills! :lol: With so many boys, maybe you want to have her eat some strawberries. I know the rules do not allow influencing the gender of the children but I'm sure with 11/12 boys an exception can be made. The early birthday of course was unfortunate, 7 days would've allowed for 2 more pregnancies. But it opens up another issue - you've moved out your only girl so if Cora reaches the elder life stage without having another girl you don't have someone to take over... :anguished:
  • Options
    elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 783 Member
    Wow this challenge seems very hard and very long, how long did it take you to complete? I could imagine this taking months haha
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Wow this challenge seems very hard and very long, how long did it take you to complete? I could imagine this taking months haha

Yes.. it took months to reach 100 babies. :D
  • Options
    I have a question: Children and teens can only be aged up when they have an A in school. What if they don't achieve that before the natural birthday? Since I can't stop them from aging do I just loose the challenge or does the child not count towards the 100 babies?
  • Options
    TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    I have discovered a brilliant way to randomize child Traits from baby to child. Switch homes briefly and play as a friend of the family. You can interact with the child and age it up and the traits will be completely random. I've gotten a whiz kid who is insane and an artistic prodigy who is creative so far.
  • Options
    Uhm, this is a huge issue right now... I only have single girls. I have the fertility trait, had a fertility massage and my lot has the ley line trait but I only get exactly one girl every single time. This is no fun anymore :disappointed: I don't know what to do. It can't be that despite all that I only get exactly one girl every single time... That just seems so weird. 2 times is a coincidence... Three times makes it a bug or mod conflict. I'm pretty bummed out right now.
  • Options
    TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    @Erica87 I'm so sorry fertility isn't working for you. :( I hope it's an easy fix.

To answer your earlier question, I have watched a lot of people on YouTube play this challenge, and if the kid ages up before he/she reaches an A, the kid is still part of the challenge.

Perhaps better wording of the rules are: reaches an A or ages up. The A, if you can achieve it, is a shortcut to avoid waiting many days. BTW I recommend getting a chess table and getting kids to play it just before school. It makes them focused.
  • Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I have a question: Children and teens can only be aged up when they have an A in school. What if they don't achieve that before the natural birthday? Since I can't stop them from aging do I just loose the challenge or does the child not count towards the 100 babies?

You can only manually age them up if they get an A in school. This only implies if you want to age them up YOURSELF. If they naturally age up before getting an A they still count.
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    I have my sims woohoo multiple times (like 5 haha) to get twins or even triplets! I found that woohooing in a Rocket Ship was what gave me the most babies from a single pregnancy. (I even got triplets with the Rocket Ship without the fertility trait, and especially w/o the massage and lot trait because I'm too cheap to buy even more EPs and GPs.) It sucks if it's a mod conflict, I have one that makes my twins embarrassed whenever they see each other. It gets pretty annoying so I have one locked in a room and the other in a different room. :p
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    MklharwoodMklharwood Posts: 3 New Member
    I'll be starting this challenge in a few days! So glad I found this post. I'm always looking for hints and suggestions.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Yup it took Me months to finish mine as well, it takes a lot of time, I hope others are enjoying their time in the challenge, it was a lot of fun for Me.:)
    P.S. I see that My Ribbon is not showing up here, no clue why, But it is still on My profile page thank goodness, :)
  • Options
    @Theseareourlives I think the problem is solved but since this pregnancy was still bugged I opted to use mc command center to randomize the baby count and gender. It's unclear whether what I did actually fixed the issue or if it's still in my save. That's something I'll see once Rose is pregnant again.

@xoxoXD The issue wasn't just that my sim didn't have any twins, she also only had girls and that happened with all of my other sims as well. It persisted across all savefiles so it was definitely a pretty severe bug. I prefer a mix of both boys and girls as well as twins and triplets over just single girls, that would get boring really fast.

Thanks for answering my question, guys :smile:

I should probably show you a picture of Blair, who is currently a child and working on getting an A.
    She rolled the vegetarian trait and whiz kid aspiration. And she's super cute! At least in my opinion :smiley:
    Blair-02.png
    Blair-01.png

Alexa aged up into a teen and now has the traits good and romantic, her aspiration is freelance botanist.
    She definitely has the face of her father, it's even more visible when she's not smiling.
    Jacques passed away some time ago, no cowplant was involved in his death :grin:
    Alexa-03.png

After using mc command center to randomize the number of babies and their gender Rose had twins,
    a boy I called Connor and a girl whom I gave the name Delia. They're the children of Mortimer Goth.
    Rose's next "victim" is going to be Geoffrey Landgraab, who's an elder at this point :wink:
  • Options
    simmerkaylasimmerkayla Posts: 30 Member
    My first matriarch, Cora, is officially an elder. She ended up giving birth to 21 children, which included two sets of twins and a set of triplets! No fertility perk or massages or anything, either. After a long streak of mostly boys, she finally had a handful of girls. 15 boys and 6 girls total. She actually reached her birthday the day she gave birth to her final child, a girl named Meredith. Here is the whole breakdown, with dads listed first:

1 Gavin Richards- Grayson (twin)
    2 Gavin Richards- Gabriel (twin)
    3 Johnny Zest- Jace
    4 Curtis Ashford- Cole
    5 Marcel Knapp- Milo
    6 Nathan West- Nora
    7 J Huntington III- Julian
    8 Nick Cole- Nolan
    9 Justin Hines- Jude (twin)
    10 Justin Hines- Josiah (twin)
    11 Mitchell Kalani- Malachi
    12 Adrian Cegta- August
    13 Kai Smif- Kamilla
    14 Ceptan Aboraob- Conner
    15 Artur Nowack - Annabelle
    16 Carl Todd- Cade (triplet)
    17 Carl Todd- Cyrus (triplet)
    18 Carl Todd- Cohen (triplet)
    19 Ken Colgate- Karina
    20 Zander Valez- Zara
    21 Mathew Vitale- Meredith

Meredith is just an infant, so we are going to slow things down for a little while and make some money so we can move her into a new house by the time she becomes a young adult. Cade, Cyrus, Karina, and Zara are also still in the home, so while we are aging Meredith up, they will take jobs to bring money in. Cora will continue painting and writing while she waits for her inevitable end. I'm going to miss her! I'm really nervous about what traits Meredith ends up with!
  • Options
    marie29marie29 Posts: 200 Member
    well going to start trying this one again. I started before and got to baby #12 but then I think I deleted the save. So going to give it another try. So far at baby #3 and the 4th on the way. Let's see if I can get to 100 this time.
  • Options
    Oh my god I am so close to just give up on this. Rose had a single girl... AGAIN. That's not a coincidence, it's the bug again. The whole save apparently is screwed. I don't understand where the problem is and I don't think I can fix it. I'm sorry but I'm giving up on this challenge. It's no fun if all babies you get are single girls. No fun at all.
  • Options
    Oh my god I am so close to just give up on this. Rose had a single girl... AGAIN. That's not a coincidence, it's the bug again. The whole save apparently is screwed. I don't understand where the problem is and I don't think I can fix it. I'm sorry but I'm giving up on this challenge. It's no fun if all babies you get are single girls. No fun at all.

Sorry You are having problems with getting boys. I never had that problem so far i have had 2 girls and 2 boys but who knows my luck can change.
  • Options
    The thing is, it's not random that I get those single girls. It's a bug. If it was random, I wouldn't have an issue with it at all but I've got the ley line trait, fertile trait and a fertility massage but still only get single girls. Apparently for some odd reason that savefile is borked. It works fine if I switch to another save and so I really don't understand the problem. I'm gonna start the challenge again with a different sim and I just hope it'll work this time.
  • Options
    The thing is, it's not random that I get those single girls. It's a bug. If it was random, I wouldn't have an issue with it at all but I've got the ley line trait, fertile trait and a fertility massage but still only get single girls. Apparently for some odd reason that savefile is borked. It works fine if I switch to another save and so I really don't understand the problem. I'm gonna start the challenge again with a different sim and I just hope it'll work this time.

I hope it does for you. I have the ley line trait and no twins so far. Was hoping to use my aspiration points on something other traits then the fertile trait but the looks of it going to have too. I know you are to get to the 100 baby's in less heirs as possible but I like going at a slower pace lol. This challenge will take me a while but I am hoping to get to the 100.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    marie29 wrote: »
    I hope it does for you. I have the ley line trait and no twins so far. Was hoping to use my aspiration points on something other traits then the fertile trait but the looks of it going to have too. I know you are to get to the 100 baby's in less heirs as possible but I like going at a slower pace lol. This challenge will take me a while but I am hoping to get to the 100.

I prepared the neighbourhood again and in tests had a different baby count and gender in two pregnancies but since I don't know what caused the bug in the first place I'm worried it might turn up again. Gonna give it a second shot with another red-haired turqoise-eyed sim anyway. Not gonna post ingame pictures though because they take time that is wasted if it's gonna bug again. I might show portraits if people would like to see them but that's it.

Marie, I go at a slower pace as well :smile: I like giving my sim a few days between pregnancies to get her needs back in the green and so that she's got some time and good enough needs to paint and garden. I found out it's really helpful to buy inspiration and sleep replacement potions from the kids' reward points because in the end I won't be playing with them anyway and so they don't need any bonus traits so I might as well use the points to help out my matriarch :smiley:

@simmerkayla Would it be okay if I used your naming system? I'd rather the kids have the family last name and giving them a name starting with the first letter of their fathers is a really nice way for them to be part of their name as well :smile:
    Post edited by Erica87 on
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Super Excited. Heard about this challenge for a while now. Creating my matriarch right now!!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    marie29 wrote: »

I prepared the neighbourhood again and in tests had a different baby count and gender in two pregnancies but since I don't know what caused the bug in the first place I'm worried it might turn up again. Gonna give it a second shot with another red-haired turqoise-eyed sim anyway. Not gonna post ingame pictures though because they take time that is wasted if it's gonna bug again. I might show portraits if people would like to see them but that's it.

Marie, I go at a slower pace as well :smile: I like giving my sim a few days between pregnancies to get her needs back in the green and so that she's got some time and good enough needs to paint and garden. I found out it's really helpful to buy inspiration and sleep replacement potions from the kids' reward points because in the end I won't be playing with them anyway and so they don't need any bonus traits so I might as well use the points to help out my matriarch :smiley:

I do the same with the kids reward points. Why not it's not like they are going to use them :smiley: Good luck on this one hope all goes well.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I love reading about everyone's journey's on this Challenge. (: It's so interesting to see how others play. I, however, have only had 6 ! kids and my Founder is almost an adult! But honestly, it's such a fun challenge, I really don't mind that I'm taking my time with it. She's actually pregnant with her seventh ; so, we'll see how that goes!

I actually really don't like using the Fertility treatment, or anything else like that.. because I wanted to see how the patterns would be if I didn't have 'help' to get babies (another reason I'm okay with how slow it's going). (: I might..... switch it up in Season two, but I don't know.

This is her crazy pattern of babies I was incredibly shocked! *This is without mods, without the fertility trait, without any special potions, or lot traits, etc, etc!*
    • Adonnis (Boy - Single Baby)
    • Arabella (Girl - Single baby) (This is where the shocked comes in, I honestly thought my game was only going to produce boys because so far that's all I was getting in my saves! lol).
    • Arcadia (Girl ! Single baby)
    • Avery (Girl - Twin!) - Avery was supposed to be for the next boy, but my game surprised me and gave me another girl; and my first set of Twins!
    • Beckett (Boy - Twin)
    • Benjamin ( Boy - Single Baby).
    • Gender Unknown.

I'm doing a mix of the 100 Baby Challenge and the ABC Baby Challenge. :) Also, every guy that she gets a baby from, she has to get invited to his house; and swipe something from his home. She's a Klepto. This is just my added on rules. I can't move onto the next guy until she has something valuable, or.... non-valuable (she stole... a toilet paper roll or something little value one time, I can't remember if it was that or not, but it was something goofy like that. lol.)

@Erica87 - Just curious, I didn't fully read through, so I'm sorry if you already mentioned this, but did you remove all your mods to see if maybe one of them was conflicting with the Lot traits, etc? That just seems really strange that it was still only giving you a single baby with all the things you were trying. :( How is your save going now that you've made a second attempt? (:
  • Options
    @OneAdorkableGirl The only mod I have is mc command center and that one is set to randomize both count and gender so there shouldn't be any conflicts. I also don't have this issue in any of the saves, not even with the same mods / cc active. So far my save's going great, I've taken a few days to prepare first (paint some paintings, garden, fish, cook, fulfill wishes) and just had Margo (Rose v3) try for baby with Johnny Zest. She's pregnant with triplets! So seems like this one is going better :smile: No idea how I'm supposed to deal with that with her being the only sim that can care for them.

Love the names you gave your sims and it's interesting that you got the same amount of girls as boys... I'm curious as to what gender the new baby of your founder is :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top