The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Limited Edition Content code in Hard copy version? *solved*

I went out and got University life at target. I get home and install and then i go to register the game and download the limited edition Party Maximus statue and i notice theres NO CODE!!! :evil:
photo.php?fbid=520785241300494&set=a.175564172489271.38300.100001070697608&type=1&theater :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2013
    Check on the back of every sheet of paper in the box -- sometimes they get creative where they hide it. :roll:

I'm heading out to Best Buy in about 10 minutes (as soon as my husband finishes getting dressed); hope I don't wind up with the same problem. :?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2013

Uh oh! Contact EA!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    mandyamandya Posts: 575 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh my :O Try using a coin to see if you can scratch it off? Or go back to Target an ask for a different copy.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    lydiad206 wrote:

Uh oh! Contact EA!

How there help link is just to a sill FAQ XD
  • Options
    BraninBranin Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2013
    That sucks! I got mine at Wal-Mart in Canada and it had the code.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mandya wrote:
    Oh my :O Try using a coin to see if you can scratch it off? Or go back to Target an ask for a different copy.
    Nope didnt work, i've already registered and installed it
    I'm on hold know XD finally found there number
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    okay 5 and a half mins of my phone time has been wasted on hold know im going to go play without the limited edition stuff
  • Options
    pinkknight06pinkknight06 Posts: 872 Member
    edited March 2013
    will EA didn't email me mines
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    will EA didn't email me mines
    Considering how much money we Simmers shell out for there games you'd think they'd make sure we get what we've paid for!
    Btw I'm about to kill there hold music it's annoying the hell out of me!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    do you have the number
  • Options
    stroh865stroh865 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Probably just missed one in production. I got mine at Best Buy this morning and it's in there. Best Buy needs to get better at putting these things out on release day - this isn't the first EP that I've had to track an employee down and ask for it. (of course, the ONE time they're not on me like vultures!) I happened to go to Wal-mart right after and they didn't have it out either. Geez! *Sigh* Vent over. :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    do you have the number
    Yep,
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    If you open Origin Client, at the top it says help. They have an option that says call me. It seems to be faster and you don't have to sit on hold.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    stroh865 wrote:
    Probably just missed one in production. I got mine at Best Buy this morning and it's in there. Best Buy needs to get better at putting these things out on release day - this isn't the first EP that I've had to track an employee down and ask for it. (of course, the ONE time they're not on me like vultures!) I happened to go to Wal-mart right after and they didn't have it out either. Geez! *Sigh* Vent over. :wink:
    :lol: I had to do the same thing at target the guy just had this look when he handed me it like crazy simmer alert! :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    do you have the number
    Yep,
    ok thanks
  • Options
    calgarygirljencalgarygirljen Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2013
    I thought you only got the party statue if you pre-ordered through origin?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If you open Origin Client, at the top it says help. They have an option that says call me. It seems to be faster and you don't have to sit on hold.
    Thanks ill try that next!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I thought you only got the party statue if you pre-ordered through origin?
    the party statues supposed to be available to you assuming that you have the limited edition
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The statue was the limited edition item. And the spirit pack which was some face make up and something else was the orgin exclusive.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Gotta love Twitter, I got through to SimGuruBritt and SimGuruLauren so hopefully they can fix it or at least tell me how to get a code prefferably without having to uninstall and return my game!
  • Options
    DiS02DiS02 Posts: 528 Member
    edited March 2013
    Uhh, hate to tell you but the majority of stores will tell you once you open the package its yours unless its damaged.
    And even then its a pain trying to get them to agree it was damaged when you bought it.

Without the extar couple bucks or so for the disk warrenty they wont care if it came from the pack scratched, they'll say you did it.
    And if they do accept it they will only exchange it, not give you your money back.

The policy is most major usa chains is.. once software is opened they are no longer responsible for it since the software pirates wrecked it for us honest folks.

As for it missing a piece of paper with a code on it, that most likely happened when the disks were packed at the factory so the store will say your SoL, stuff outta luck.

But good luck, maybe you'll be a lucky one.
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh really? Maybe it got overlook when it is being in processed and shipped in the factory, sometimes it happens. I usually get mine from Amazon.com and have not order it yet. Hope you will get the item.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    stroh865 wrote:

Yeah, my copy from Best Buy had it also; we were going to go to Target but my husband overslept, then took his merry time getting dressed so I went ahead and ordered it for store pick up and made him go by himself to pick it up.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    DiS02 wrote:
    Uhh, hate to tell you but the majority of stores will tell you once you open the package its yours unless its damaged.
    And even then its a pain trying to get them to agree it was damaged when you bought it.

Without the extar couple bucks or so for the disk warrenty they wont care if it came from the pack scratched, they'll say you did it.
    And if they do accept it they will only exchange it, not give you your money back.

The policy is most major usa chains is.. once software is opened they are no longer responsible for it since the software pirates wrecked it for us honest folks.

As for it missing a piece of paper with a code on it, that most likely happened when the disks were packed at the factory so the store will say your SoL, stuff outta luck.

But good luck, maybe you'll be a lucky one.

There should be a way of getting a new code, even if you have to take a photo of the cover that says "Limited Edition" and send it to EA so they can issue the code.