Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medical Journals?

Hey I just made a Sim in the medical career path and she's gotten to the point where she needs to read medical journals and has one in her inventory, but can't read it? Is there something different I should be doing besides clicking on it? It tells me there are no actions for it, so I'm really lost. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    BeckixoBeckixo Posts: 84 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Try dragging it out of you inventory and placing it on the floor then click on it and select read.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited July 2009
    That's really odd; even clicking on the book in the inventory should come up with a 'read' option and/or a 'put away' option.

If your sim has already read the book, the 'read' part should be greyed out if I recall.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    chelseaman99chelseaman99 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Zolt is right.

You might already have read it, if you have, simply go to work next time and the oppoprtunity will be completed!
  • Options
    mikyk4mikyk4 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay, thanks everyone. I haven't played yet, but I'll update if it still isn't working. I'm pretty sure she did read it already, so hopefully that's the issue!
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2009
    Even if you've already read it it should have a Reread option.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2009
    This issue has been around for a while now. See here :arrow: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/10380.page

blu

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    DanteTheDarkDanteTheDark Posts: 926 New Member
    edited July 2009
    BTW don't freak out if you never get your "research" beyond yellow... it doesn't go past it.