Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not fair to offer a single item as the Daily Deal and then the full set a few deals later

I noticed in the last rotation that a single item was the featured deal and then two deals later the full set containing the single item was offered.

This just happened again. The Cushy Cushion Sofa was the Daily Deal and two deals later the Full Ultra Lounge Set was offered.

I bought the set a long time ago, so I was not personally affected - this time. In my opinion, better care should be taken to not offer a single item and then so soon offer the set in which it was one of the items.
a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Comments

• Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited August 2012
    I agree with you as well. I personally think the DD and in game sales could run a lot smoother as opposed to the "Let's wait every hour on the hour to see if what I want goes on sale". I was waiting for the in game sales to end to see the new ones but nothing has been updated yet...

I think EA should just remove the DD entirely and just have sets and items on sale for 1 week at a time. The same items and sets should be for sale in game and on the website. That way we have time to buy the stuff we want, get the deals, and if we need to, purchase SimPoints.

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,999 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully the store team is still tweaking the recent changes to how they run the deals.

There are many people who have commented that we love lots of deals but the pace is too fast at times. So many are glad when a set comes on for a few hours allowing them to sleep or take a washroom break.

The first time I experienced the new faster paced deals, I thought this was a glitch. A small decor item and a door sold out in less than a minute each. There were four or five deals in less than a few minutes.

I like that deals rotate, but would like smaller rotations. The rotation before last was approximately 250 items.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2012
    Well if the item was like 50% off, and then a few deals later the set went 50% Off, I wouldn't consider it a huge rip off, especially if the item was like 25 simpoints on sale.

At least you are paying less than the full price of the set ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I checked the current rotation post. Cushy Cushion Sofa was 70 sp which was 30% off.

You are right that 70 sp may not be much. However, if this happens a few times the points begin to add up. Many people on this forum mention how they save for quite a while before they can afford to buy 1000 points. Sometimes they want to buy sets or worlds but are short a small amount of points (like 70 points). Since they can't buy less than 1000 points they are prevented from buying what they wanted.

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2012
    Remember though, that while complete sets usually do work out to be less expensive overall, there are those who simply don't want to buy the whole set (even on sale) and prefer to buy only an item or two individually. For these people, any such item which goes on sale singly is highly desired and a good value for them.

However, I understand the unfortunate position of those who may have wanted the whole set yet jumped the gun, so to speak, by purchasing the single item previously. I have been there many times myself. ;)

I wish there could be a better outcome for it all the way around.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Remember though, that while complete sets usually do work out to be less expensive overall, there are those who simply don't want to buy the whole set (even on sale) and prefer to buy only an item or two individually. For these people, any such item which goes on sale singly is highly desired and a good value for them.

Of course my comment would not apply if a person only wanted a few items from a set. I myself have bought single items on sale when I don't want the whole set. My comment applies to those who are waiting a long time for a set to go on sale, settle for picking up single items on sale to only have had the opportunity to buy the whole set, not hours or days later, just two deals later which in this new process of daily deals is only minutes.

• Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wish that the daily deal would feature an upcoming sales list. Like how they show the previous 3 items...

I wish that they would show the upcoming item or 2. They already have a slot for upcoming and the time. So why not add a picture. I can see not adding a price. That way it will still draw people into the store and DD if they want the item. But it would make it a lot easier to those that want to make a purchase.

edit because I just can't spell today. :)
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited August 2012
    Me1620, this is the gamble you're taking when you're buying DD. What do you propose, for DD to only have sets on? That would screw over all of those who don't buy sets and buy certain separates instead (because they may not like/want the whole set). Or for DD to only have individuals on? That would screw over all of those who only want the sets.

I understand it's frustrating (I'm thinking back to Xmas sales when people were gifting DD stuff for it to come back some days later with even a bigger discount), but the balance between separate items and sets is what seems to please the most people.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2012
    :)

What would solve things is to place the set on sale first and those wanting the set could get it, then place any loose items later.

I have posted a similiar thread a couple of weeks ago about the DD's being too much. I love them, especially when they put on the single hair/clothes that are not in any other set or I get a good set on sale, but I have so much else to do. Why should people who have school, work, kids, and other things to do get penelized because they can't stay on the computer all day/night.

We are suppose to support conservation and such, but it is wasting energy and wear and tear on our computers to have them on all day to check deals. I suggested having a DD page that has around 10 or 15 deals a day on it and letting people get what they need throughout the day without limiting the number of downloads. Sort of how the DD's use to be, but many more of them. Plus, it would be nice to get away from them and play the game once in a while, which is why we are buying to begin with. Between watching deals and doing everything in my real life, I don't get on the game more than a time or two a week. To me having people stressed to get deals isn't an improvement. :D
  • Options
    HessethRanHessethRan Posts: 1,522 Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't think she's suggesting to only sell sets, but to revisit the order in which items are put on sale, so the set is offered first and individual items second. This way, both categories of customers would be catered to, but no one would have to pay twice for the same piece.

EDIT: Davina explained the same thing. I was watching some news and forgot to hit "post" for a good half an hour :lol:
    My Origin ID: RoseElsing
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    Me1620, this is the gamble you're taking when you're buying DD. What do you propose, for DD to only have sets on? That would screw over all of those who don't buy sets and buy certain separates instead (because they may not like/want the whole set). Or for DD to only have individuals on? That would screw over all of those who only want the sets.

I was not suggesting offering only sets or offering only single items. I will repeat one of my replies to some other comments made in this thread
    Me1620 wrote:
    My comment applies to those who are waiting a long time for a set to go on sale, settle for picking up single items on sale to only have had the opportunity to buy the whole set, not hours or days later, just two deals later which in this new process of daily deals is only minutes.

Of course purchasing in the store is a gamble (as in real stores that do not offer price guarantees.) However, as I have written before, it is one thing if the single item is offered hours before the set (there are not enough sets and items to do otherwise). At the fast pace the DD are going, a few times, I have seen an item offered and followed just two short deals later by the set. HessethRan may have said it better than I have - offer the set first and two deals later offer the single item. If that had been the order, I would not have started this thread.

davina1221, I think I read your suggestion when you posted it on another thread. I think it is a great idea. It is a compromise between the previous one deal a day and the current 250 fast paced deals over a few days. This would allow us to budget our points, use them wisely and not gamble.