Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now THIS is an Expansion!

I have to say, I'm VERY pleased with The Sims 3 Pets expansion. I pre-ordered, and it was certainly worth it. I love the pet shop, and it's always nice to have extra items. This expansion was well thought out, and there are plenty of details to show for it.

The town is beautiful, all the new rabitholes and venues, (including Ambitions and Late Night venues) show a commitment to making a great game. I was very happy to see new venues for the Salon, Firehouse, a Dive bar, and others. It absolutely has a great southwest feel to it. The stray animals give everything a nice feel too.

The pets themselves are fun, spunky and definitely cute. It adds an entirely new dimension to the game that wasn't there before. I still can't believe there are live animals in the game, it's been so long since Sims 2 Pets. I have to say, Pets is a must have. It's wonderful, and is totally redone a lot better than Sims 2 Pets.

Overall, this expansion is worth the price. You get exactly what you would expect and more. I was not disapointed at all. There's still a lot to explore as well, I've only seen a tiny bit of a huge expansion.

Feel free to share your experiences and screenshots!

Comments

• Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited October 2011
    What's everybody think? They really put a lot of work into this expansion.
  • Options
    Lilpunkgirl0Lilpunkgirl0 Posts: 133 New Member
    edited October 2011
    This really is one of their better expansions, it actually feels like it's adding SO much. The others were eh, this is my fav by far
  • Options
    billydillybillydilly Posts: 577 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Haven't played Sims 3 for like 6 months, but iv been looking at it today and from what iv have heard, there's a few bugs here and there and the new town is great.

Not sure if I should save my cash for other games or, get this. Choices, this does seem good, and should get me back into The Sims 3.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,551 Member
    edited October 2011
    Well that's good to hear.

It's still sitting on my bookshelf for now. I've decided to wait a bit while I take stock of all my CC and decide what to keep, what to sit aside and what to throw away. After that I'll just finish homes that I have underway and try to play out my Lisa Bunch story scenario.

I will be starting clean with Pets. All my old saves are going bye bye.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    edited October 2011
    Still trying to decide when I want to get it. Pets in Sims 2 was by far my LEAST favorite expansion...
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • Options
    ExpandSims2ExpandSims2 Posts: 373 Member
    edited October 2011
    I love it! Am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get my horse to the competitions but I suppose it'll take some time to figure it all out. Am thrilled with all the new additions of every sort. Much more and better game play than I expected! :D
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited October 2011
    this! But glad to hear you gave it a good review! Thanks for sharing
    dimp10 wrote:
    Still trying to decide when I want to get it. Pets in Sims 2 was by far my LEAST favorite expansion...
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited October 2011
    dimp10 wrote:

TS2 Pets was the worst EP of the TS2 games, and almost kept me from getting the TS3 version. Glad I gave it a chance...it's pretty good and might just become my favorite EP of the Sims 3.
  • Options
    dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    edited October 2011
    TS2 Pets was the worst EP of the TS2 games, and almost kept me from getting the TS3 version. Glad I gave it a chance...it's pretty good and might just become my favorite EP of the Sims 3.

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't like Pets in Sims 2!

Thanks for your input on the new expansion! Glad to hear it's at least better than it was in Sims 2!
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • Options
    HollyZeeHollyZee Posts: 224 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Absolutely hated Pets in Sims 2. Love Pets in Sims 3. Brilliant, fun, great scenery, and something new to learn every day.
    Holly
  • Options
    ScorpionerdScorpionerd Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2011
    I love it! I think this one is definitely worth it. Having so much fun with my doberman. He pees on guys that hit on me. He's great during parties and find me interesting garbage lol. Kinda sad that I do so much more with my Sim dog than my real dog. Shame on me... lol
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Agree, Pets 2 was the worst.
    This one has actually got me going again. I love that we can control them now. That's how it should be.
    I'm enjoying the semblance of excitement I got when Unleashed first came out.
  • Options
    LastPoeticKissLastPoeticKiss Posts: 328
    edited October 2011
    I love love love this expansion! It's fun and exciting.

I don't really care about controlling my pets, I wish there was a way to completely shut it up (I know I can use high autonomy but I really don't want to keep checking on my pet like that). Other than that, I love the dogs and cats!
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited October 2011
    Now all we need is weather. Come on EA make it happen! :D
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400