Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weirdness with Hidden Springs

I cleanly installed Hidden Springs last night, and right away noticed weird issues with it. The first thing is the new window. In pre-built homes, it's totally glitched. Here is a screenshot which shows it.

HiddenSprings11.jpg

See the window? It's invisible with only the shadows appearing. It's so weird. Once I replaced the windows they looked the way they should.

Another thing I spotted was that body hair is not being applied in any way to Sims that have been taken to the mirror to change their look. I tried it with the testingCheats enabled too.

I'm sure there's other things too, so feel free to add your observations.

Comments

• Options
    KingOfTheNightKingOfTheNight Posts: 1,782
    edited August 2011
    The body has been very odd for me ever since it was introduced in the game. Sometimes when I change my Sim's outfit it disappears, and it is extremely hit-and-miss looking on dark-skinned Sims.

I haven't noticed the windows yet - thanks for pointing that out! :)
  • Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I've seen this picture before...:P
  • Options
    smjjamessmjjames Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Theres a real lack of chess tables in that town. The first time the chess match came up, the marker sent me to the museum, which has two chess tables but no chairs for them.

The next time I caught it, I went to one of the hangout lodges.

@Kolby: I've had that glitch before with other towns, its a graphical glitch.

Also, EA forgot to put a skill bookcase in the library, AGAIN.
  • Options
    MaddieDaBaddieMaddieDaBaddie Posts: 1,609 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't have hidden springs but the body hair thing is just a glitch that has been around for a while, since body hair was in the game i believe.
  • Options
    MikTheTigerMikTheTiger Posts: 164
    edited August 2011
    isn't that an EA promo picture...?
  • Options
    edited August 2011

:shock: i think it is....
  • Options
    edited August 2011

:shock: i think it is....

It's on this website, so he didn't take it....

http://emgn.com/2612/the-sims-3-hidden-springs-screenshots/
  • Options
    KingOfTheNightKingOfTheNight Posts: 1,782
    edited August 2011
    I am pretty sure he is aware of that... He was just using it to illustrate his point. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I am pretty sure he is aware of that... He was just using it to illustrate his point. :-)

Never said he took it...

Just using some ol' snooping :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011

I just think its funny that they had a glitch in the photo, when they were using to promote hiddensprings :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Also, those shadows are suppoused to be shutters, maybe thats what you think are invisible windows?
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited August 2011

Yes, thank you. :-)

But the fact that it was even noticeable in a promotional screenshot is even more absurd!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Also, those shadows are suppoused to be shutters, maybe thats what you think are invisible windows?

Yeah those are the shadows of the shudders. It is invisible because I placed the real window next to the glitched one.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    smjjames wrote:

Yeah those are the shadows of the shudders. It is invisible because I placed the real window next to the glitched one.

Which house is that, Free Spirit? I'm playing that town right now actually and am looking for it myself.
  • Options
    SillySelaSillySela Posts: 941 Member
    edited August 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    smjjames wrote:

Which house is that, Free Spirit? I'm playing that town right now actually and am looking for it myself.

It's the Shue house.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    SillySela wrote:
    smjjames wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    smjjames wrote:

It's the Shue house.

Also, there is an vacant cabin near the Military base which has *only* that specific window all around the house. And it was the first house I checked out, I noticed right away that it was glitched. So I fixed it by replacing all the windows with the right version.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    SillySela wrote:
    smjjames wrote:
    Kolby wrote:
    smjjames wrote:

It's the Shue house.

Looks normal to me, nice ornate windows too.

I've gotten that invisible window (invisible wall one or two times as well) while building on a lot, so were you doing any build editing to the lot before that invisible window appeared?

Why EA chose to show a bugged window, we will never know...... lazy maybe, like they forgot the skill bookshelves in the library.

Edit: @Kolby: I checked that house you just mentioned and that one has bugged windows, but the Shue house is just fine, which is wierd.
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    edited August 2011
    I used to get this problem with a window from Ambitions... the General's window if I am thinking right? But anyway, that was on a computer that specs were well below the recommended ones, not saying that your specs aren't up to scratch but it is worth investigating :-) .

New computer now that well and truly blows those specs out the window, I have fully explored each house in hidden springs and done a little building on an empty lot, I am not having any trouble with the window, on pre-builts on new builds.

Apart from the book case and little things like that mentioned, I am not having any of the problems that others seem to have with HS, its working well, looking great :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Kind of lazy of them to forget the skill books in the library though given that they've done it twice already I believe. It does have a really nice kids area, I'll give them points there for design though.

I realize that we can buy them at the bookstore and the book coraal is buyable for the home anyway.

As for the lack of chess tables, I'm not complaining about that as Hidden Springs has a less urban feel.

Also, how do I get destination parties to work for hangouts? Hidden Springs has a, different, mixture of available party spots.
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited August 2011
    I dumped the LODGE due to a graphic glitch that turned most of the objects BLACK ... fence, windows, furniture, etc. This happened a very long time ago with a simmer-made lot but since I liked the house so much, I just deleted/replaced the black objects.

No biggy with this one cuz I didn't like it anyway and will build my own. Anyone having this issue with that lot? I’d show it but it’s gone now. Sorry.
    :roll:

Wait! I'll open a new game of it! BRB!

:oops: Never mind! It's supposed to look like that! Fooled me big time! :roll: Still glad I dumped it!

Screenshot-55.jpg
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Which lodge? Theres like three of them.

Edit: Nm, I see which one you mean. They did paint the outside objects black for whatever reason.
  • Options
    cameonet1950cameonet1950 Posts: 2,138 Member
    edited August 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Which lodge? Theres like three of them.

Edit: Nm, I see which one you mean. They did paint the outside objects black for whatever reason.

I just edited my post with a pic. Thanks. :oops:
    TS3Siggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    smjjames wrote:
    Kind of lazy of them to forget the skill books in the library though given that they've done it twice already I believe. It does have a really nice kids area, I'll give them points there for design though.

I realize that we can buy them at the bookstore and the book coraal is buyable for the home anyway.

As for the lack of chess tables, I'm not complaining about that as Hidden Springs has a less urban feel.

Also, how do I get destination parties to work for hangouts? Hidden Springs has a, different, mixture of available party spots.

The kids area *is* done really well in the library, however the upstairs is so vast and empty. I'm going to redo it soon with the new Town Life stuff.