May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT Is Wrong With Body Hair?! *Picture*

I'm very frustrated at this point. The Generations body hair has been a disaster since the start. Whenever I put it on my Sims, it looks all splotchy and bad. It's missing in gaps all over their arms and legs.

So, with all preparations, I totally uninstalled all my games and did some clean up to ensure that I had removed every last trace of the game.

I did a complete defragmentation, and began reinstalling. I started with the Base Game, and patched it to 1.22 right away. Then continued with World Adventures, and so on. Each requiring a quick and small patch after installation. Everything installed correctly, cleanly and uninterupted. I did a quick playthrough, then installed my Store content. I played the tutorial, saved and quit. Editted the GraphicsRules like usual and placed in my Up-to-date mods. (No skins, just 3 NRaas mods and NoMosaicGenerations)

I made a new Sim in SV and gave him body hair. But, I have him change in to his swimwear and nothing has changed! The body hair still looks awful. WHAT GIVES?

Is ANYONE else having troubles? Why does it look so bad?

Comments

• Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited June 2011
    What are your graphics settings set at? Please post your DxDiag report:

1) Click RUN
    2) Type "DXDIAG" and click ok
    3) Click "Save all information" and save it to your computer
    4) Copy and paste the entire thing into a post

Some mods can cause graphical issues like that, even if they are up-to-date with the game. Especially the NoMosaic mods since they specifically change the graphics. Try uninstalling all the mods and trying again.
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Body hair in my game fits perfectly, but I still find it disgusting. It should be hot like in real life! :-o
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ya to the OP, this sounds EXACTLY like my problem too and I wish I knew the fix... So this is like a "bump" 'cause I would like to know too :)
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    sims3fan1235sims3fan1235 Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited June 2011
    Body hair in my game fits perfectly, but I still find it disgusting. It should be hot like in real life! :-o

I know right?!
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone else's body look like this? I'd like to know what's normal or how it is supposed to look. I took out the NoMosaic mod, and it helped right away. But I'm wondering if it's still in the game's files.

Here is what I have now, is this normal?

Screenshot-2.jpg

Edit: I don't know how to resize pictures, sorry. :oops:
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I tend not to use body hair, but that picture looks fine to me. =-)
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited June 2011
    I know someone who has chest hair like that, he makes patterns in it when he's bored :lol: :shock:

*ahem* Anyway, I don't like the arm or leg hair. Looks like someone's attacked them with a pen.
    None of my sims have body hair, the hair doesn't look right at all.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    Does anyone else's body look like this? I'd like to know what's normal or how it is supposed to look. I took out the NoMosaic mod, and it helped right away. But I'm wondering if it's still in the game's files.

Here is what I have now, is this normal?

Screenshot-2.jpg

Edit: I don't know how to resize pictures, sorry. :oops:

Yes and it is normal in real life
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    edited June 2011
    wait, what if I don't have any mods though :shock:
    F8wHsKZ.png