Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling All Builders!

midnight445midnight445 Posts: 738 New Member
For the next Designer's Corner and SLNS I prepared you this little contest/challenge.

The only thing you have to do is to create a house and design it the best you can WITHOUT using any CC and mods.

Post you work here on this topic with a lot of pictures and a short presentation. Don't forget - the right angle, colors and a good photographer's hand can make you win. You can use Picasa to create stylish collages ;).

Here is the poster. If you have any questions please post them! Eye Candy is the soft spot in this challenge - Original designs, mouthwatering photos and an artistic text=WIN. Are You In?

The best house will be featured in Designer's Corner and the owner will be interviewed on SLNS!

mission1-Copy.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Hello all. I'm finally home. So here is an example of a presentation:
    First you need a good summary like -

Are you the crazy type or the extremely rich party guy? No? Well, this house has everything for each of you! A lot of bedrooms, a kitchen, bathrooms, swimming pools. New designs, ice cream colors - A real masterpiece - Eye Candy. Created by our best team - Designer's Corner. Please recommend if you download - Remember, is the only way to keep us working!

Do you love your life? A question that me and my family always answer. Well, it depends, having four children my parent and me and my wife under one roof is a lot but since we bought the Szucs Paradise everything is a'Ok! From a fishing lake to a pool, vegetation, huge kitchen, bathrooms and even bedrooms for visitors. My answer is, yes I love my life! Now go, download the house! You'll start loving your life to!

Hunting dreams may become boring at a point. From legendary Architects to imaginary designers, I Norbert Szucs, am happy to present my finest project, this time powered by Designer's Corner. Say hello to Maria Glorie!

Looking for an italian way to live? Camelia Valasky adds in your gameplay a bit of classics, you'll find only the necesary object in the house so you could feel the big rooms the house have. Outside, it's like dream. If your Sim is rich you better click that download button!

Also, you can add the numbers of rooms(bathrooms,kitchens,bedrooms,etc).
    So, create a text that will make people interested.
    Next - Add lots and lots of pics - example:

The House

DC4-1.jpg
    DC3-1.jpg
    DC2-1.jpg
    DC13-1.jpg

Interior and Exterior Design

DC12-1.jpg
    DC11-1.jpg
    DC1-1.jpg
    DC10-1.jpg
    DC5-1.jpg

Then link us to download the house
    And that is all! I wish you good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    MooMonkeyMooMonkey Posts: 1,066 New Member
    edited March 2010
    By CC do you also mean stuff from the store?

And can it be a lot I've already uploaded?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No store items or any other custom content. Yes you can post an older creation of yours! :) Good Luck and have fun!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No CC allowed! Base game, WA and HEL items allowed only!
    Cheats allowed! Your imagination is the limit.

There is no theme. Show us your personality, style, colors - Originality!
    I want you to see the house you are building like a product! Exterior & Interior design, no mistakes. Make a lot of pictures and a short presentation of the house - Eye Candy for the soft people!

I hope you will enjoy this challenge :) - If you are unclear with something post it here!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to be entering Richton Manor. I'll eventually edit this post to put all the spectacle of it on here, but if you want to test it out, it's there.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fantastic! Can't wait to see your pics! :) Love your homes - I'll recommend all of them!
  • Options
    IstongoIstongo Posts: 626 Member
    edited March 2010
    I have never entered any challenge nor a good builder (lack of practices). But I think it's good to try one. Never try never know ,right midnight445?

I saw this thread on TS3 facebook's wall. I've bookmarked this. hope to work on building houses. No promised entry, though surely will watch how this goes if nothing else :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Would you take a slideshow? I've got all the pictures done in that and everything. I'm just too lazy to find all of them and make a colage.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Never say never! Take your time Istongo, we will wait :)
    Slideshows are fine MooMonkey! :)
    Have fun and good luck!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank you midnight445 :mrgreen:

I've built some houses before in game, at one point did uploaded them on the exchange but now they are gone because not enough download and recommendation from simmers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've been building but it's slow process. I have a tips for all builders out there. DON'T try to be creative when you are tired and sleepy! After I woke up after enough hours sleep from being very tired, my mind is much clearer.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Can't wait to see your work! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    4 days to go!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My entry :D

Is your sim still single or not married? Yes? Good!
    Has he/she been working hard earning simoleon? Yes? That's Great!
    No more living in default house, no more building big houses wasting space as well as simoleon! Let your sims change their usual daily routines by moving in this new house!

Underground Ignacio
    with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a kitchen and a basement

Underground Ignacio (The house) :
    house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

house5.jpg

house4.jpg

houseparta.jpg

housepartb.jpg

housepartc.jpg

kitchen:
    Kitchen.jpg

Kitchen2.jpg

Kitchen3.jpg

Kitchen4take2.jpg

Kitchen5take2.jpg

Kitchen6take2.jpg

Kitchen7take2.jpg

bathroom:
    bathroom1.jpg

bathroom2.jpg

bathroom3.jpg

bathroom4.jpg

bathroom5.jpg

bathroom6.jpg

kitchen and bathroom top view (sorry the fan is now corretly replaced by a lamp):
    topview.jpg

their distance view:
    bathroomkitchenandpool.jpg

swimming pool:
    pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool3andthehouse.jpg

bedroom:
    bedroom.jpg

bedroomanotherlook.jpg

bedroomanotherlook2.jpg

bedroomanotherlook2daylight.jpg

bedroomanotherlook3.jpg

bedroomanotherlook4.jpg

basement:
    basement1.jpg

basementcorner.jpg

basement2.jpg

basementfullwithswimmingpool.jpg

exterior:
    backyardnighttime.jpg

backdoor.jpg

frontdoor.jpg

picnic.jpg

Underground Ignacio URL link at the Exchange:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2174902

Underground Ignacio - 1br, 1ba
    Size:20x30

This relatively small house is prefect for single lady or gentleman who has quite substantial amount of simoleon. While it may looks small at first glance, it has a basement which has potential to be decorated into whichever way you would like it to be. This house also includes a swimming pool.

Price: § 35,650

(I built this on location 35 Hidden Grove Lane at Riverview)

I enjoy this contest, by all mean I am just a beginner when it comes to building houses at The Sims 3. But my skill will not improve unless I keep on trying. That's why I have the motivation to enter here. Thanks midnight445 for hosting this and everyone who has looked at my entry. I hope you don't mind the quality too much from my entry.

I hope there will be few more entries here for me to learnt from.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Very good! Your presentation is perfect. Good luck! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The participation was pretty low at this contest/challenge.
    2 simmers uploaded their work. you can find them http://www.simmerssociety.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=6&id=5910&limit=15&limitstart=30
    Thank You for you support and next time I'll work on a more interesting challenge/contest.
    Next week I'll tell you what will I feature from each of them :>
    Take care.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you for your forum link midnight445. I had a huge headache with using tab button for camera view for some screencaptures. I were trying hard to build a large house but that project failed miserably. The reason is that myself didn't even know the auto roof on and off function! (The roof for that house looked so ugly I had no desire to continue!)

Not mention about not knowing putting wall and floor tiles for swimming pool! Then there was this basement with windows next to swimming pool (Thanks to youtube now I know how to do that )

And the stairs was even a challenge for me. My built houses on TS3 never has 2nd floor. The Sims 1 stairs to me seems like much easier to handle. It was basire experiences!

As you can tell I learnt a lot from this contest. Thank you :thumbup:
    I've recommended and added FergieDea's entry as my favourite. Maybe one day I can see it once I get that expansion (It may takes a long while sadly)

I found this video has 5 good tips in which 4 I didn't know! Just want to share with this with all of you who are looking at this post

The Sims 3 - Building A House - Tips (HD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPV3AYQ-eo