Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you all think the next expansion pack will be?

LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
Just interested to hear what you all think the next expansion will be?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Dragons
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    My List of Possibilities for the next EP of course it won't happen but can always think and hope EA Maxis gets some clues

» Occult and world (Hopefully Fae (elves, fairies with dragons that are small or can be large)
    » South America World and with it the Caribbean that isn't vacation that comes with cruises and hotel/ resorts and more CAS that works with the Carnaval streetwear kit and build/buy so we can create our own Carnavals
    » Mediterranean world that isn't vacation that comes with cruises and hotel/ resorts with Islands, Turkey and Middle East and more build/buy CAS that works with desert deluxe and courtyard oasis
    » More culture representation
    » Career, Classes, Hobbies/ Skills, Aspirations and Traits, Afterschool Events, Holidays
    » The Happy Haunts that was on a list way back with Grim Reaper career, occult and spirit world and please a cemetery with a mausoleum and plots better ghosts, demons, angels
    » Pirates, medieval world to go with the medieval kit we all voted for
    » Amusement Park with hotel/ resort that isn't mostly rabbit hole for the rides and games, petting zoo
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I think the next EP could be hobbies, bands or hotels. I think all 3 are requested by simmers and have a chance of coming true. Of course the sims could surprise us with something no ones sees coming like they did with eco lifestyle.
    I also wouldn't mind an occult EP with fairies, elves, genies, dragons,...
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    I hope and believe hotels will be next, and at the same time multipurpose lots. They have hinted travel for the last few packs, with things like suitcases and artwork, and hinted multipurpose lots when they made residential rentals. It makes sense that the two would come together, as it wouldn't be possible to have real, functional, hotels without being able to combine it with souvenir shops, cafés, restaurants, gyms and spas and even residentials in a b&b capacity. With any luck a hotel pack would cater to a lot of different versions of hotels, from shady motels with vibrating beds to luxury sea resorts with individual cabanas stretching out into the ocean.

If we get a world with it (and I'm not sure I want one even, as the last few worlds has been so incredibly small and lacking of any real things to do other than admire the beautiful scenery or go on rabbit hole adventures) I hope it will be a place that is varied with different types of vacations. Preferably somewhere new. I favoured the idea of India before (beach, city and mountains), but then Tamarang might be too similar in nature and location. But some place in Africa (beach, safari in the bush or jungle, a busy town area as well), or a world that plays well with jungle adventure (Rio with beach, city, and edge of the jungle perhaps, maybe with a carnival event?)

I think that if we get fairies, which seems to be the next likely occult, it will be a game pack rather than an EP just as vampires and werewolves. I think the same around bands. An entire EP more about fame seems unreasonable when we have Get Famous, but a well made GP that focus on that career and new musical instruments that can be well crossed with the Get Famous system could work well.

A hobby EP seems to me to be even less likely as they could release it hobby by hobby over several stuff packs and make more money.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I can’t even begin to guess what the next EP will be. The theme in For Rent was totally unexpected to me. I do, though, expect there to be quite a wait for it. I think there’ll be only one EP this year, so my guess is it won’t come for a while.

An EP without a new world would be good. I think they give us worlds every time because otherwise lots of simmers would be unhappy. I absolutely love all the worlds, but we do have a lot now. And imagine if they put all the resources that go into making a new world into gameplay instead... But I think that’s unlikely.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I’m hoping for:

Bands/Music
    Fairies/Dragons occult pack (hopefully with an enchanted forest world and real unicorns)
    Vacation Resort pack (with hotels in a large Caribbean inspired beach world, water sports, houseboats, diving and cross pack compatibility for expanded mermaid play for Island Living).
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    I can’t even begin to guess what the next EP will be.

I have no idea either. I am so curious to see what it is.

• Options
    LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I think the next EP could be hobbies, bands or hotels. I think all 3 are requested by simmers and have a chance of coming true. Of course the sims could surprise us with something no ones sees coming like they did with eco lifestyle.
    I also wouldn't mind an occult EP with fairies, elves, genies, dragons,...

Yes I agree with you.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I’m just hoping for bands at this point. I feel like it would integrate really well with Get Famous and I could create messy scandals with musicians and actors and everything.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think the next expansion is going to be supernatural. The main features will be fairies, updated plantsims and a new "powers" system that any sim may get. The powers overhaul is going to be the "expansive" feature. These powers could be stuff like ice manipulation or telekinesis. The player will be able to give this power to any sim including the previous occults. It will also have a new fairy world inspired by Switzerland.
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I think hobbies/activities will likely be the next one. For Rent was a build pack, so I hope they'll focus more on gameplay in the next EP before going back to building for hotels. I think if Faeries are coming they'll just be a game pack.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    HavenRose wrote: »
    I think hobbies/activities will likely be the next one. For Rent was a build pack, so I hope they'll focus more on gameplay in the next EP before going back to building for hotels. I think if Faeries are coming they'll just be a game pack.

I feel like a Romance pack is heavily speculated but I also really want a hobbies pack.
  • Options
    Acide950Acide950 Posts: 32 Member
    Wildly speculating based on the last poll (+what I want, things missing from the game)

A medieval inspired pack - due to the castle option.
    Would like it to contain fairies, it has been a while since we got a new occult. And like, island living has mermaids so it isn't like it can't be part of a pack (even if it might make sense to have them in smaller pack so people that don't want them can avoid them
  • Options
    Jordan1975Jordan1975 Posts: 29 Member
    jomilej wrote: »
    HavenRose wrote: »

I feel like a Romance pack is heavily speculated but I also really want a hobbies pack.

I feel like romance could be part of a medevil or an adeventure pack. Which may also include some a new occult, and dragons. I'm always for something new, and not too much more added from the older Sims games.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, I was actually hoping for some Gameplay Packs this year. However, If it's still only going to be Expansion Packs then I want:
    Medieval World with Dragons, Fairies, Blacksmith Career, Knights Career, Royalty & Peasants :p;)
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    I think we will get hotels this year but I don't think it will be next bc the gameplay is very similar to for rent.
    I think we will get a fairy GP first, then a bands EP, then hotels in the second half of the year.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Romance EP where your sims joins a dating show to find love. Also includes online dating and a match maker service.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    What I want it to be: Hotels
    What I think it will be: Some kind of hobbies/free type pack, which I still want, but not as much as I want hotels.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    pinkplushgirlpinkplushgirl Posts: 13 New Member
    I’m think it might be some kind of heist expansion pack. It looks like they’ve been experimenting with burglars, shown up a couple times on surveys, and if the speculation of a jewelry SP are true, what’s the perfect thing to steal? Jewels. I also think some kind of tourist pack is coming maybe they’ll split up hotels in a game pack and cars into an EP where you visit different locations like a road trip idk. Lot of hints towards cars and vacations. We’ve gotten quite a few pool related things. Then a fairy game pack. Occult players are long over due
  • Options
    Acide950Acide950 Posts: 32 Member
    > @MomsBusy said:
    > I think we will get hotels this year but I don't think it will be next bc the gameplay is very similar to for rent.
    > I think we will get a fairy GP first, then a bands EP, then hotels in the second half of the year.

If they have Bands as an EP, I'd like to have the ability to have like, orchestras and string quartets too (and stuff like acapella as well). Not just the stuff they had in sims 3. Otherwise it could be a stuff pack.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    What I hope the next EP will be: Something supernatural, adventurous, or futuristic
    What I think the next EP will be: Something to do with household chores

:|

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    The next expansion could be a Supernatural pne
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully bands or nightlife style pack with dating romance and cars.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 9
    bands, hobbies, vehicles, romance

^ pick 2 = ep

hotels & travel maybe but the thing is they just released apartments so I don't think its next theme

or it could be something totally unexpected like Journey to Gucci Store

for occult I think its more likely to show up as GP
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    Acide950 wrote: »
    > @MomsBusy said:
    > I think we will get hotels this year but I don't think it will be next bc the gameplay is very similar to for rent.
    > I think we will get a fairy GP first, then a bands EP, then hotels in the second half of the year.

If they have Bands as an EP, I'd like to have the ability to have like, orchestras and string quartets too (and stuff like acapella as well). Not just the stuff they had in sims 3. Otherwise it could be a stuff pack.

More instruments would be nice. I would like to see after-school activities for younger sims related to band/instruments as well.
    The main thing I would want from a bands EP in addition to the obvious bands/instruments/gameplay would be the ability to schedule gigs. I want my sims to be able to go watch musical performances. A stage item that spawns a band would be nice.