Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January Patch Speculation Thread 2024 (Now Released)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    naeshelle wrote: »
    one for rent fix & it's for the screen resolution? please be so for real.

Yep, with most of our people out of office right after For Rent launched for the holiday seasonal shut down it really hurt our ability to investigate and resolve issues as fast as we'd like.

Hopefully our next base game update has more to offer in this regard.

Ok, this was my first thought with a December EP release - that staff would be in holiday and patches would either ruin their holiday or be delayed.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 16
    Wow, there are so many severe and partly very old bugs that need fixing:

- DHD career
    - Paranormal career
    - Toddler reward traits
    - Only 3 household members can celebrate holidays
    - ECO fizzing station
    - Cooking devices from For Rent
    - All kind of problems with plants/weeds
    - Confuse & broken festivals (Cottage market, HSY sports events)
    - Writing book progress is lost after changing lots
    - Get famous bouncers don't show up
    - etc. etc.

Please don't leave TS4 in this state!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member

Yep, with most of our people out of office right after For Rent launched for the holiday seasonal shut down it really hurt our ability to investigate and resolve issues as fast as we'd like.

I really appreciate the honesty of this! Not everything can be fixed as soon as we'd liked, but now we know why. Everyone deserves a holiday and shouldn't have to think about work when they're on it! Thank you.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 16
    Yeah, makes sense that this patch would be pretty small given that it's coming right after the holiday season. Hopefully the next patch fixes up some more stuff. At least mermaids can have body scars now
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member

i'm saying this with the utmost respect: given the state of the most recent expansion pack releases, i really wish the people in charge of determining when packs will release would consider things like holiday timing before pushing packs out. i'm not mad, i'm just really disappointed. people have paid a lot of money for this game only to be unable able to play with the pack as it is released. as an avid simmer and long-time fan, i just find that to be unacceptable.

i appreciate the work you do in advocating for the community, as do we all. and i hope you can understand that i am saying this with so much love for this game & respect for this community. it would have been nice to know what you've shared above before the patch or maybe even in the patch announcement. just a "hey, we know there are issues, we're working on them, we hear you." i feel like we're owed that much. transparency and honest, direct communication go so far, i promise.

anyway, thanks for your response & all you do.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    So many choices were made. Releasing a broken pack right before the holidays was one of them. I’m glad I didn’t spend money on it for myself or as a gift, but a lot of people did. Some of them will lose their saves permanently, even if the bugs eventually get fixed. That’s… not great.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Having to push out mod updates for the For Rent pack and pre-patch certainly ruined the modders' December plans as well. Plus the December release ruined many Simmers' plans to enjoy their free Holiday simming time.

EA staff are totally entitled to their holidays. I do not question that. It just wasn't the best choice to release the EP in December.

On that I agree, and the pack should have been released when the staff was back after the holidays and I can say this looking at their track record, would it have really mattered even if it was not a holiday season, patches was always slow or not to be seen and I am being honest here. I did buy the pack but will not indulge until I see some progress.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

- DHD career
    - Paranormal career
    - Toddler reward traits
    - ECO fizzing station
    - etc. etc.

The fizzing station was fixed in this update.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 17

- DHD career
    - Paranormal career
    - Toddler reward traits
    - ECO fizzing station
    - etc. etc.

That's great news :) !!! Strange that they didn't mention it in the notes (I mean the blocking bug after leaving the lot). At least one important issue.
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 18

- DHD career
    - Paranormal career
    - Toddler reward traits
    - ECO fizzing station
    - etc. etc.

That's great news :) !!! Strange that they didn't mention it in the notes (I mean the blocking bug after leaving the lot). At least one important issue.

I might be wrong. It was the fizzing animation in the university pack.

To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > EA > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: PC: 1.104.58.1030 / Mac: 1.104.58.1230, Console: 1.86

Sul Sul Simmers!

The time has finally come to unveil our long-awaited Community Voted Kits! We can’t wait to see the many stories you’ll tell with them! In fact, we were so excited that we added some additional Legacy Bug Fixes for good measure

The Sims Team

Bug Fixes
    Base Game
    The Base Game’s loading screen tip about making cupcakes has been updated to reflect our recently Freed Cupcakes!

We all know how eager the Landgraabs are for a bit of dough, but after a productive conference with The Landgraab Power Company, we are pleased to share that power will no longer be shut off early if a bill is not paid within the first 48 hours.

Artists and Authors fear not! Masterpiece Paintings and Best-Selling Books will no longer change to “Excellent Quality” after saving and reloading. Phew!

To prevent confusion, we’ve updated some error text to mention EA app instead of Origin if you are playing The Sims 4 through the EA app.

Seasons
    We’ve fixed an issue where Sims could not gift honey to wild animals. Now, you may gift out honey to your heart’s content!

Your Sims will no longer get Canning-related sentiments when Father Winter gives them a gift unrelated to canning. Don’t worry; you’ll always be jamtastic!

Island Living

Body scars will now appear on your Sims’ Mermaid Forms.

Discover University
    Juice Pong and Keg activities now count as Pub Games during Club Activities.

The ‘Start Fizzing’ interaction will now be correctly displayed at the Fizzing Station.

Eco Lifestyle

Sims will no longer have difficulty putting Dye Objects discovered from the dumpster into their inventory.

For Rent
    The Main Menu screenshots for this pack have been updated to the proper resolution.

Poolside Splash
    Our stunning Poolside Nails no longer leave a texture artifact on the open button-up shirt that comes with this Kit.