The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,405 Member
    edited December 2023
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,033 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Patch notes

Update 12/14/2023
    PC: 1.103.315.1020 / Mac: 1.103.315.1220
    Console: 1.85

Hey fam,

Finicky flaws? Fear not for there’s a few fearsome fixes for faulty functionality fresh from your faithful friends at Maxis. Bugs? We fixed four for For Rent! Facts. Please forgive.

Fancy the Festivities
    and Fare thee Well

Dab (cringe trait)
    -Your Fav SimGuruNinja

Bug Fixes

For Rent
    Mellowing out Build Mode:
    Drawing, deleting, and auto-filling wallpaper in Residential Rentals will stop causing Build Mode slowdown.

Mellowing out Evil Landlords:
    Taka Soi premade lot rents won’t get into the Billions and force you to stay. Let’s keep it civil. Any incorrect price UI in existing saves should quickly update to normal by the next bills cycle.

Mellowing out water usage:
    Sims will no longer obsessively excessively autonomously shower when hygiene is not low. Like, you’re clean already, Sim. Stop.

FreeRealEstate On cheat will now turn on again:
    Cheaters can happily mellow out once more.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012179/fast-track-fixes-for-four-for-rent-faults#latest

So no fix for the missing basements in the Residential Rental lot preview bug. Sigh.

Thank you for mentioning this. I didn’t even know it has been an issue. I have now clicked ‘Me too’ on the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Basement-disappearing-when-placing-lot-from-library/td-p/8474966/highlight/true

as the basement of my residential rental disappeared after I placed it on a smaller lot. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my build.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Patch notes

Update 12/14/2023
    PC: 1.103.315.1020 / Mac: 1.103.315.1220
    Console: 1.85

Hey fam,

Finicky flaws? Fear not for there’s a few fearsome fixes for faulty functionality fresh from your faithful friends at Maxis. Bugs? We fixed four for For Rent! Facts. Please forgive.

Fancy the Festivities
    and Fare thee Well

Dab (cringe trait)
    -Your Fav SimGuruNinja

Bug Fixes

For Rent
    Mellowing out Build Mode:
    Drawing, deleting, and auto-filling wallpaper in Residential Rentals will stop causing Build Mode slowdown.

Mellowing out Evil Landlords:
    Taka Soi premade lot rents won’t get into the Billions and force you to stay. Let’s keep it civil. Any incorrect price UI in existing saves should quickly update to normal by the next bills cycle.

Mellowing out water usage:
    Sims will no longer obsessively excessively autonomously shower when hygiene is not low. Like, you’re clean already, Sim. Stop.

FreeRealEstate On cheat will now turn on again:
    Cheaters can happily mellow out once more.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012179/fast-track-fixes-for-four-for-rent-faults#latest

So no fix for the missing basements in the Residential Rental lot preview bug. Sigh.

Thank you for mentioning this. I didn’t even know it has been an issue. I have now clicked ‘Me too’ on the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Basement-disappearing-when-placing-lot-from-library/td-p/8474966/highlight/true

as the basement of my residential rental disappeared after I placed it on a smaller lot. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my build.

Oh goodness yess! I am so happy I wasn't the only one! I will do the same there! :)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,243 Member
    A pool in the backyard and my tenants prefer the laundry room! Hopefully that changes when the summer season hits.

FaNXZmQ.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,798 Member
    edited December 2023
    A bit off topic but @Hearts4u congratulations on 5000 awesomes! Definitely well deserved. I love your participation and contributions to the Positive Thoughts threads.

@simgirl1010 ....thanks a bunches.

The patch came out right on time for me because I finished my last build. I took the EA build on the 20 x 15 lot and made it into a duplex on the 20 x 20 lot—posted pictures in Official Screenshot Thread and it will be on the gallery in case anyone wants to place it in Tomarang.

Harlow made cupcakes for the neighbors in her new kitchen.
    Cupcakes-1.png

This new hair for elders is everything—I really like how it looks. For some reason, this elder did not like my Sim.
    Elder-Sim-Welcome-Party.png

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    We got more gay premades with for rent: You need growing together for this information (told through milestones) but apparently Arturo Linh from the Linh-Sadya household had two children with someone before falling in love and getting married to Chánh Linh, which is just really human. I love this and wish ts4 started with rep like this early on instead of 9 years into it's lifespan
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    This expansion is kinda fun for bringing sims together you might not otherwise play.
    Just built a row of 2 bedroom eco friendly houses (with shared pool BBQ area) in Evergreen Harbour and moved Knox into one as the landlord and filled the others with his parents next door, then the Ricos and the Tinkers at the end.
    It really encourages you to play some of the premade families you might not otherwise.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Although all of the new traits are great, I'm surprised to find that Cringe is my favorite. It is entertaining to watch Cringe Sims interact with other Sims and the reactions they get from non-Cringe Sims.

Now that my three builds are finished and placed, it is time to spend some time in CAS. Making many households not in world so that they show up when I'm looking for a tenant. Planning on giving three tenants a dog along with my own dog. In my test save I placed two automatic dog feeders in the shared areas and my dog ate from it. The tenant dogs also came down to relieve themselves and hang out. Planning on testing dog beds in the shared area.

Grandma Sadya Linh is the sweetest granny and always ready to pinch her granddaughter's (Cam Sadya's) cheeks.
    Grandma-Sadya-Linh.png
    As I watched my property owners and tenants during my test save, I made some changes to my six-unit apartment building to improve playability. Moved the shared laundry room from the basement to the first floor. Moved the shared restrooms to the basement. Only shared toddler restrooms are on the first floor next to the shared playroom.
    First-Floor-Revised.png

Added a shared kitchen next to the patio so that Sims can easily wash the dishes from the shared barbeque area. I don't want them cooking in the shared kitchen; so, it only has counters, a sink, two dishwashers and two wastebaskets.
    First-Floor-Revised-Back-view.png

Basement
    Basement-Revised.png
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Grandma Sadya Linh is the sweetest granny and always ready to pinch her granddaughter's (Cam Sadya's) cheeks.
    Grandma-Sadya-Linh.png
    The embedded image isn't loading, but to my knowledge there aren't any elderly women in the Linh-Sadya household so I'm assuming it's actually Bua Bun Ma?
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 335 Member

Really looking forward to this being available for all. I hit my 100 unit limit today :-( I'm still building my worlds and preparing rental units in all of them. I may have over done it a bit :smiley:
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,152 Member
    The new foods are great, steamed rice was exactly what i needed im my dinner table. I love the colorful halo halo dish too. And the Kettle has Teas, hot chocolate and coffees all in one, so thats super nice addition. If your sim does not have a oven yet, they can add a steam cooker. It has 4 dishes which cook fast. I imagine that might work very well in tiny homes too, you wont need much space for kitchen. Just couple of shelves and steam cooker.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,969 Member
    ImSands wrote: »

Really looking forward to this being available for all. I hit my 100 unit limit today :-( I'm still building my worlds and preparing rental units in all of them. I may have over done it a bit :smiley:

Same story here... Same story here...

Though I am wondering what would happen if with this mod I go over 100 units and then I remove the mod...

Currently it's RC1 (whatever that means), so, some more wait I guess...
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    The fact that anyone is anywhere near 99 units has left me flabbergasted. I built one six-unit apartment, one build with four units on a lot and the last was extending an existing EA build to a duplex. After that, I have no foreseeable plans to build anymore multi-structure buildings. The main reason I build is so that I have playable builds for my Sims.

Then there is the time consuming task of creating Sims for the units I created. When doing this, I do spend a lot of time in CAS. One thing I am happy about is that I only do all of this when there is an Expanse Pack or Game Pack that comes with a new world that I buy. So, on that note, it isn’t all that bad. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,405 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The fact that anyone is anywhere near 99 units has left me flabbergasted.

Same! I'm still working on furnishing my one 5 unit build. 😄
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I saw a couple people really only have it because they made one apartment then copy pasted it, I do wonder about anyone else that needs all that space lol. Although I usually play pretty chill and it was surprising people run out of space in their worlds. I turned off rental events I think they are pretty fun but it's a much chiller job for the landlords without them.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,969 Member

And here, on a video on The Sims 2 corruption, many causes are debunked and at one point, it is told that Maxis wouldn't include such shaky code that will easily ruin the whole game.
    Yeah... That ethic really didn't stay, huh... The "some issues jump from one save to the other" is a really scary statement...
    I saw a couple people really only have it because they made one apartment then copy pasted it, I do wonder about anyone else that needs all that space lol. Although I usually play pretty chill and it was surprising people run out of space in their worlds. I turned off rental events I think they are pretty fun but it's a much chiller job for the landlords without them.

Well, my first plan was to have at least one residential rental lot in every world. And as I began pre-building before I even knew per-save limit, I quickly hit the limit while as creativity was flowing. Other thing on my mind was that it allows more spaces for my households (especially as I play with a lot of households rotationally), so especially smaller worlds got lots with more units.
    So yeah... I do tend to go overboard sometimes though...
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 246 Member
    I have been using copy and paste to build units since the EP was first announced, I have had no problems with any of the saves until the last update. Now I have one game that has an error, after my sim tried to travel somewhere.
  • Options
    Some of the rivers/lakes are easy to cross by swimming. Your sim won´t need to get on car to reach places. Just swim :).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,609 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Some of the rivers/lakes are easy to cross by swimming. Your sim won´t need to get on car to reach places. Just swim :).

Yes, but there is risk of drowning if they are tired.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Jadeleine wrote: »

Yes, but there is risk of drowning if they are tired.

Ok good to know, then make sure not to swim when tired.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Another tip, and idea i got. If your play as tenant and your sim lives in house with many neighbors. You can get to know your neighbors and then if you have Get Together EP, create a club for neighbors and invite them into the club. You can make all your neighbors hang together and do things together just by starting a club meeting and most of them should show up. Whatever you want to do with your neighbors, cooking, grilling, cleaning, playing games, talking etc. Build a nice area for them to spend some time to get know each other.

And, most of the new recipes are added to Restaurant menu, so if you have Dine out there will be more recipes to add.