Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    Very happy sims will now know the difference between a kitchen sink and bathroom sink. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,910 Member
    Yay, the Washing-the-dishes-in-the-bathroom-sink days are over!
    CK213 wrote: »
    Very happy sims will now know the difference between a kitchen sink and bathroom sink. :)

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,910 Member
    I saw the No shoes sign is called the “take your dang shoes off sign » love it :lol:

That kind of stuff is the reason I decided to switch my game language to English instead of French.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 44 Member
    I really need that new kettle functionality to be in base game one day. Please.
    I'm so tired, I'm so very tired of having to place both a coffee maker and tea maker in one tiny kitchen!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Did they mention if NPC's fill the other units like in The Sims 2 Apartment Life if not playing as a landlord?

I assume it will be like any other residential lot, including the City Living apartments, where you can toggle it on and off in either game settings or Neighborhood Stories. (I do not allow random sims to move into anything I haven't chosen for them, so I have those settings locked down.)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    The build/buy looks really lovely, and i like the functional heating/electrical/rain catcher. I also got a bit excited seeing that the kettle is a 3-in-1 object. no longer need to choose whether sims prefer coffee/tea, and like that they added hot cocoa :)

I'm so excited that they added the ability to make hot cocoa at home. My only question is whether children can make it, or at least drink it. In TS2, the cocoa maker (unlike the coffee pots) could be operated by kids. It was always so nice, because whenever they had a snow day, the kids could make their own hot cocoa, even if the parents had gone to work.

Unfortunately, I suspect kids will not be able to operate the kettle, even for cocoa, but I hope that at the very least, teens and adults can make the cocoa and set it on the counter for them. If they can't even drink it (which I'm concerned about, since they can't drink coffee or tea), that will be rather sad.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Its BUFF YAMACHAN! I can't believe they really added this😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I always thought he was so cringe.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 865 Member
    edited December 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    The build/buy looks really lovely, and i like the functional heating/electrical/rain catcher. I also got a bit excited seeing that the kettle is a 3-in-1 object. no longer need to choose whether sims prefer coffee/tea, and like that they added hot cocoa :)

I'm so excited that they added the ability to make hot cocoa at home. My only question is whether children can make it, or at least drink it. In TS2, the cocoa maker (unlike the coffee pots) could be operated by kids. It was always so nice, because whenever they had a snow day, the kids could make their own hot cocoa, even if the parents had gone to work.

Unfortunately, I suspect kids will not be able to operate the kettle, even for cocoa, but I hope that at the very least, teens and adults can make the cocoa and set it on the counter for them. If they can't even drink it (which I'm concerned about, since they can't drink coffee or tea), that will be rather sad.

that is a good point!! I hope they can have the hot cocoa! I wonder if the cocoa will be one flavor or will have variations. I like when there are different options for a specific type of food/drink.

*edit* because i learned from a livestream that the cocoa also has a version with marshmallows haha, yay
    Post edited by Coconut27 on
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 865 Member
    edited December 2023
    Also, I am so happy there is Malaysian satay. One of my favorite dishes! I used to order it all the time at one of our local restaurants :)
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 94 Member
    Gotta say the livestream was a snoozer but then I watched James Turners Vids where he runs a "hotel" and his bb overview and that got me excited again.

I absolutely love the BB and cant wait to play with the mold >:)

Only thing Im very, very sad about is that there are no actual tigers......
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    There's hot cocoa finally??!!

I'm almost ready to pay $40 for the hot cocoa and the mold alone XD
    halo halo is just a bonus

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I watched the stream a little late. I liked the CAS/BB a lot, especially some of the new functionality but also some of the style. I also thought that it is a gorgeous world. Maybe they can patch in live tigers later. Anyway, I like the theme of SE Asia with the different architecture that really hasn't been done. For the rental gameplay, I have actually wanted to play with property management. It's something for the extremely wealthy families to spend money on and it can be part of wealth-building gameplay for rags-to-riches sims.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 248 Member
    I like the new foods and weirdly enough I'm most excited about the plain rice, lol.

And James Turner's video was really funny, haha. I don't think I will like to run a hotel like this, but maybe something like a small hippie/yoga commune or a cute little B&B in Henford-on-Bagley...
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I like the new foods and weirdly enough I'm most excited about the plain rice, lol.

And James Turner's video was really funny, haha. I don't think I will like to run a hotel like this, but maybe something like a small hippie/yoga commune or a cute little B&B in Henford-on-Bagley...

the pieces of a hotel Pack are there
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Gotta say the livestream was a snoozer but then I watched James Turners Vids where he runs a "hotel" and his bb overview and that got me excited again.

They were so low energy on that livestream it was a chore to sit through. I went over to Oshinsims right after and she was playing it closer to how I like to play with a new pack. I'm brainstorming a moldy slum to be run by Malcolm Landgraab and I decided to put a bee box in the hallway where the mailboxes will be.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    OMG @Kerrigan. A bee box? Sounds like a @Nate_Whiplash1 move. 😄
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »

They were so low energy on that livestream it was a chore to sit through. I went over to Oshinsims right after and she was playing it closer to how I like to play with a new pack. I'm brainstorming a moldy slum to be run by Malcolm Landgraab and I decided to put a bee box in the hallway where the mailboxes will be.

The "livestream" had some odd commentary and was hard to watch. I ended up not finishing it. Glad to see they are letting early access creators stream and record everything days before launch.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,570 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

The "livestream" had some odd commentary and was hard to watch. I ended up not finishing it. Glad to see they are letting early access creators stream and record everything days before launch.

I fell asleep halfway through the live stream and didn't try to re-watch it. :blush: The sound was too low and they lost me when they loaded up Newcrest. I was hoping to see the new world and the build and buy objects and they just glossed very quickly over them.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,062 Member

Almost lowered my energy vibration when I watched that terrible livestream...yikes...but still excited for playing with apartments <3
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 578 Member
    I’ve spent this past weekend catching up on the livestream and all the info from early access etc, and I’ve now gone and preordered the pack! I think I’ve taken the opposite journey from a lot of simmers. When the pack was announced I was a bit disappointed as the theme didn’t really interest me. I’ve always been content with the apartments in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor, I’m not a builder so have no ambitions to build apartments, and I wasn’t really bothered about the landlord/tenant theme. But the more I’ve learnt about the pack, the more ideas I’ve had as to how I can fit elements of it into my game across all worlds, and I think I will really enjoy a lot of the content. I’m looking forward to seeing and using the builds that other simmers create for it. I do agree that there are some real missed opportunities though, and I don’t think it’s worth the full price (so I got it cheaper). Now I’m enjoying the countdown to release day :)