Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gilligan's Island Challenge Rules

EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
In this challenge, you have seven castaways marooned on a beach in Sulani. When their ship ran aground, they discovered that all of their content except for Island Living went overboard in the storm. Now they have no phone, no fridge, no motorcar (wait, what’s a motorcar?), not a single luxury. It’s up to each castaway to complete a different sub-challenge that will unlock a different part of their lost content. There is no specific order for starting or completing these sub-challenges except that some of them require features to be unlocked by other characters.

Set up Sims:
Create seven castaways. They don’t have to have the same names as the characters from the show. They don’t have to look like the characters from the show either, you can base them on your friends, fan cast with modern stars or just make up entirely new looks for them. Some of them do have age and gender requirements (see below). In creating their looks in CAS, you cannot use any assets other than Island Living, not even base game. Set all of their aspirations to Beach Bum. Each castaway has traits listed in their bios below. If they have fewer than three traits listed, that means you can choose the remaining traits.
Set up Their Home Lot:
Build a home for the castaways on a beachfront lot in Sulani (i.e. must be partially water). Use only Island Living assets. This means their toilet will be an outhouse, and they’re food will consist entirely of raw produce and feasts from the barbecue pit. There’s no refrigerator in Island Living. Move the castaways in and cheat down their money to zero. Enter “testingcheats true” followed by “Money 0”. Add the Island Spirits lot trait and Volcanic Activity lot challenge. No other lot traits or challenges may be used (other than the fixed Oceanic Paradise trait) until they are unlocked by the Farm Kid (see below).
Set the Game Play Features:
Go to the game play tab and unselect any game play features (weather, fame, life styles, etc.) that come with packs other than Island Living. Set aging to normal or, if you want to challenge yourself, short.
Set the Castaways Skills and Jobs:
Most of the characters have skills that they start out with based on their back stories. These are usually optional, but not the professor’s skills. It just doesn’t make sense to me that he would be a professor without acquiring any skills. You can set their skills using a cheat code. For example, to set the Professor’s starting logic skill, select the Professor then use the cheat code: stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 10. Next, give each character who has to have a formal job their assigned job. See bios below for job assignments.
Starting Rules:
  • Do not use the phone. If someone else calls one of the castaways, cancel or ignore the call.
  • Do not use the reward store or the note book.
  • Do not set any aspirations or formal (Find a Job) careers unless they come with Island Living. The only Island Living aspiration is Beach Bum. The only formal Island Living careers are Conservationist, Fisher, Life Guard and Diver.
  • You cannot travel to other neighborhoods.
  • You can use the calendar to plan a non-recurring social event. Only household members can be invited guests, but if party crashers happen by, you can entertain them if you like. You cannot celebrate holidays.

Characters:
1. Little Buddy
Traits: Clumsy, Goofball
Skills: None
Career: Self-Employed Beachcomber
Challenge: Complete the Beach Bum aspiration.
Challenge Reward: Unlocks aspirations from base game and other packs.
2. Skipper
Traits: Hot-Headed, Adventurous (if you own Snowy Escape)
Skills: Fishing level 8, Fitness level 4, handiness level 5 (all optional)
Career: Odd Jobber
Challenge: Must achieve a 5-star rating as an odd jobber. Note that the Skipper will not even be able to start their challenge until the Millionaire’s Wife unlocks the ability to use the phone (see below).
Challenge Reward: A treasure hunt that he completed for one of his clients, gives the client the capital they need to start a furniture import business. This unlocks all build and buy from base game, CC and other packs.
3. Millionaire
Traits: Materialistic, Ambitious, Snob
Skills: 10 Charisma, 8 Logic (all optional)
Career: Conservationist appeals to him because it appears to be a paying concern in this neck of the woods. Pick the Environmental Manager branch when you reach that level. Can (and probably should) also make money on the side through various means. Note that telework assignments for this career typically involve using a computer, which he won’t have at first. Strongly recommend sending him in to work until the Skipper unlocks the ability to buy computers.
Challenge: Make enough money to set up a marina on the property and buy four jet skis. Note that money made by other castaways can be used in setting up the marina, you don’t have to keep tabs on the specific amount that the Millionaire earned.
Challenge Reward: Once the Millionaire has built his marina, the castaways can travel to other parts of Sulani.
4. Millionaire’s Wife
Traits: Materialistic, Foodie, Snob
Skills: 10 Charisma, 5 dancing (if you have Get Together), (all optional)
Career: Oh really, darling.
Challenge: Befriend 10 people that you meet in your neighborhood, not counting the other castaways.
Challenge Reward: The Millionaire’s Wife has made so many friends, that some of them have decided to give her a communication device to keep in touch with other people in Sulani. Castaways can now use the phone and, if Get Together is installed, the club system.
5. Movie Star
Traits: Self-Assured, Self-Absorbed (if you have Get Famous)
Skills: 7 acting (if you have Get Famous), 7 charisma (all optional)
Career: Any formal Island Living career except fishing (ew!).
Challenge: Complete the collection of buried treasure. If other castaways find buried treasure it counts toward this challenge.
Challenge reward: Islanders have found out about the Movie Star’s collection of unearthed jewelry. They come from all over Sulani to barter their fashion products. Unlock CAS assets from base game, CC and other packs. Also unlock shopping at the reward store.
6. The Professor
Traits: Genius, Bookworm
Skills: 10 logic, 4 rocket science, 5 robotics (if you have DU).
Career: Conservationist. Assume that he received an A in high school and cheat him up to level three at the beginning. Use careers.promote conservationist
Challenge: Reach level 10 of the Marine Biologist career path.
Challenge Reward: Unlocks careers from base game and other packs. Also unlocks the notebook.
7. The Farm Kid
Traits: Outdoorsy, Animal Enthusiast (if you own Cottage Living)
Skills: 5 Fishing, 5 gardening, 5 cooking (all optional)
Career: Fisher part time job, she used to do a lot of fishing in the lake by her farm back home.
Challenge: Maintain a garden of local crops. Have two different types of plant reach Magnificent status. Note that other castaways can help with the garden, if you like.
Challenge Reward: Unlocks other pack game play features (e.g. fame, weather, life styles, other things under the game play tab) as well as lot traits and challenges from base game or other packs.

Word to the wise. When I play-tested this challenge, the two most difficult parts of the challenge to complete are the Professor's and the Farm Kid's. You might want to get those two started first.
-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
-Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
-No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    This sounds like fun. Looking forward to your story.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited October 2023
    I'm afraid I already did my play through when I was testing to see if my original draft was playable (it was't). I didn't take any screenshots though except for this selfie that the Millionaire and the Farm Kid took after they went fishing one time.
    Millionaire-Marianne.png

I would be happy to walk through it again if some one else, some one who actually enjoys hanging out in build mode, designs a new castaway village for me using the rules above. If anyone one wants to do this let me know and use #gilligansisland on the exchange. I would also appreciate a new group of castaways, designed using the above rules, same hashtag. You don't have to do the cheat code stuff with them just the physical appearance and traits.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.