Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Lone Traveler Challenge - Time to Move on (Updated Oct. 7)

BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
I decided to try the Lone Traveler Legacy Challenge - posted here, though mine will not be wild west themed.

The Traveler:
Tanvi Konzman. She was the sole survivor of a ship wreck, save for the horse she washed up on shore with. She's named the mare Dasha. Since so much of this challenge is based on random chance, everything about Tanvi (except for clothing and some shaping) and Dasha is randomized.
08-27-23-8-38-58-PM.png

The Shelter:
An abandoned beach shack Tanvi found on the shore of Lani St. Taz in Sulani. They will be staying here for 14 days. The randomized traits are great soil, penny pixies, and convivial. The challenges are quake zone, and because I wanted more of a challenge, simple living, off-grid, and wild foxes (this is because Tanvi's aspiration is Country Caretaker). The shack is downloaded from the gallery here and edited.
08-27-23-8-39-19-PM.png
Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
Post edited by Belalucina on

Comments

• Options
    Starting out:
    08-27-23-9-02-28-PM.png
    It was definitely a blessing finding the shack. Even Dasha would be comfortable here. The mare was still getting used to Tanvi, but she knew they needed each other; neither of them had a soul in the world now. Just each other, the shack, and for Tanvi, at least she had the clothes she washed up with. She needed to find a way to start making money and find some way of living here on this island.
    For now she would beachcomb for anything useful, catch fish to eat, and luckily there was an old woodworking table in that shack. She'd have to make a living with that for now.
    08-27-23-9-04-05-PM.png

"Don't worry girl. At least there is grass here for you. I'll have to find some fish to roast..."
    08-27-23-9-03-29-PM.png

'Of course it would rain...'
    08-28-23-1-33-29-PM.png

She managed to get the stove working.
    08-28-23-1-45-51-PM.png

"Hey there little guy. I won't hurt you..."
    08-27-23-9-19-55-PM.png
    08-28-23-1-49-21-PM.png

"It sure is beautiful here."
    08-29-23-1-51-52-PM.png

She was able to buy some things she needed from selling some woodworks. A saddle for Dasha, some vegetable seeds, and even some chickens. Her first ride with Dasha wasn't the best, but they would both have to get used to it.
    08-27-23-9-24-52-PM.png
    08-28-23-1-53-11-PM.png

A stallion came around and was eating some of Dasha's hay. Tanvi wondered if she could try getting a foal. She might be able to sell it. (First random event - a horse breeding).
    08-29-23-1-43-11-PM.png
    08-29-23-1-54-38-PM.png

Did one of the locals want to buy a foal? Well, not this guy. He was a jerk. She'd find someone else.
    08-29-23-2-02-02-PM.png
    08-29-23-2-02-14-PM.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    @Belalucina
    Great start of the challenge :)

Looking forward for seeing more!
    Poor Tanvi, Uku was rude, huh?
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thank you for reading and commenting! I want to try to do some storytelling, but I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it. It's a lot harder than it seems trying to match the right pictures with text.
    And he was rude! Just started yelling at her for no reason. She has the socially awkward trait so it's kind of funny.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    @Belalucina Really enjoyed this story! As for story telling, just do what you feel comfortable with. The main thing is to enjoy playing and sharing your gameplay. There are many ways to tell a story, whether the pictures match the text or not, or whether there is any story text (as in writing what the sims say) or not. Either way, it's still a story. :) just enjoy it, and your readers (including myself) will too! Maybe try out some different ways of writing it, and see which way you like best.

Also, hopefully someone who isn't so rude will want to buy the foal. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next!
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob thank you for that encouragement! I'll have to find what feels most natural for me as I go along. I'm glad you enjoyed the story so far. :)
  • Options
    @Belalucina
    I am newbie too, when it comes to storytelling , but you are doing great job so far !

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu thank you! You are doing a great job as well!
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Belalucina - Enjoying your story. Tanvi and Dasha - love the names!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 thanks! I hope to have an update soon. The names were completely random. Except for Dasha. It was Dash, but I thought that was more fitting for a Stallion, so I just added the a on the end.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Tanvi and Dasha - Lani St. Taz - A Foal and a Friend
    09-14-23-10-19-53-AM.png
    The watermelons were ready to harvest. It felt really good that her hard work had paid off. She could try canning these for food.

But of course, fishing was still the best way to get food; other than the various stalls around, which cost money that she'd rather save.

'Save for what?' she wondered.

09-14-23-10-33-16-AM.png

While she was fishing, Ukupanipo joined her. She was surprised and a bit nervous, since he had yelled at her last time they met.

09-14-23-10-33-58-AM.png
    09-14-23-10-34-02-AM.png

They fished together in silence for a while, but eventually Tanvi worked up the courage to speak to him. She admitted that she was a bit socially awkward and that she was sorry if she had upset him last time.

"Maybe we just got off on the wrong foot?" she said questioningly.

09-14-23-10-35-16-AM.png

"No, no, I'm sorry," he replied. "I was in a bad mood last time. I should not have taken it out on you."

Phew, she was relieved.

09-14-23-10-34-34-AM.png

As the sun set that night, Dasha showed signs of going into labor. A foal was about to be born! She comforted her as best as she could.

09-14-23-10-36-55-AM.png

A beautiful colt was born. Tanvi called him Blaze; a little Blaze of warmth on the dark beach.

09-14-23-10-40-37-AM.png

"Hey there little guy, welcome to the world!" Talking with animals was much easier for Tanvi than conversing with humans.
    09-14-23-10-41-35-AM.png

The next day, Sprinkle grew into a full size hen. Tanvi was looking forward to getting some eggs, but she'd have to be careful of the foxes.

09-14-23-10-43-43-AM.png
    09-14-23-10-46-53-AM.png

Just as Tanvi was thinking things couldn't be better around her tiny little homestead, a stray dog wandered in. He was thin and looked hungry, and he was so sweet. Of course she took him in. She named him Henry. He might be good for keeping the foxes away! (Random event - a stray dog)
    09-14-23-11-03-32-AM.png

Tanvi decided to do some exploring of the small islands. Thankfully most of the islands were connected by bridges so her and Dasha could travel from one to the other.

09-14-23-1-19-53-PM.png

At a local bar she ran into none other than Ukupanipo. They talked for a bit and Tanvi tried telling him one of her jokes - the one about a horse, of course.

09-14-23-1-18-29-PM.png

"I...don't get it..."

09-14-23-1-18-39-PM.png

He left to get something to drink. Was it that bad of a joke?

09-14-23-1-18-53-PM.png

"At least you like my jokes, right, Dasha?"

09-14-23-1-19-13-PM.png

She whinnied happily in response.

The two of them explored so much that Dasha needed a break. They stopped along the beach and Tanvi did some snorkeling.

09-14-23-1-20-59-PM.png
    09-14-23-1-21-24-PM.png
    09-14-23-1-24-22-PM.png

Tanvi was enjoying beach life, but she wondered what else was out there in the world. She must have been going somewhere when her ship went down, but the thing was, she couldn't remember. She thinks that maybe she grew up on a farm; she certainly liked farm work and animals. She didn't think she'd be able to stay in that beach shack forever. She was starting to have fears of unfulfilled dreams. But the week was passing by and soon Blaze was weaned and able to be sold. She found out that Ukupanipo lived in a house very close by her shack and that he actually did want to buy a foal. She visited his place with Blaze to say goodbye.

09-14-23-7-34-51-PM.png

Her and Uku swam and talked for awhile and Tanvi found herself relaxing a bit and not feeling so awkward anymore. She felt like maybe the two of them were actually friends.

09-14-23-7-36-30-PM.png

"Bye, Blaze. I'll be seeing you. Be good now."

09-14-23-7-39-13-PM.png

With the money she got from selling Blaze she was able to buy a bed. It was much more comfortable than her sleeping bag.

09-14-23-7-51-46-PM.png
    09-14-23-7-52-49-PM.png

Uku came to visit her the next day and she shared her fears of unfulfilled dreams with him. She told him she didn't know how much longer she'd be staying in the shack. He told her to take a deep breath; everything would be okay. She felt relieved, as if he was actually saying, "just follow your dreams!"

09-14-23-8-01-26-PM.png
    09-14-23-8-01-44-PM.png

She ended the week with some fishing, some fried fish, and a bonfire where she did some dancing. Oh how she loved to dance! And was that Uku again? She was running into him a lot...

09-15-23-1-57-04-PM.png
    09-15-23-1-58-56-PM.png
    09-14-23-8-13-01-PM.png

Good night, Lani St. Taz. She fell asleep on her beach float dreaming of seeing other parts of the world.

09-15-23-2-01-10-PM.png
  • Options
    @Belalucina
    great update! I'm glad Tanvi was able to buy a bed! Also glad Ukupanipo isn't being mean anymore.
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Thank you! She'll have to sell her bed in 2 days when she packs up to leave though, since she can't take it on horseback. :p
  • Options
    @Belalucina ,
    awesome update, boy she really spends lots of time with Uku :) Blaze and Henry are so cute, both <3

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    thank you. :) Yes, at least he's being nice to her now. I think he's following her.
  • Options
    Tanvi and Dasha - Lani St. Taz - Time to Move on
    10-06-23-8-48-46-PM.png
    Tanvi spent her remaining few days swimming and enjoying the islands of Lani St. Taz.

10-06-23-8-49-45-PM.png
    10-06-23-8-51-49-PM.png
    10-06-23-8-53-43-PM.png
    10-06-23-8-54-32-PM.png
    10-06-23-8-59-15-PM.png

Dasha wasn't impressed with Henry sleeping in her bed.
    10-06-23-9-04-08-PM.png

On Monday (random event), Tanvi found someone selling mini goats for a good price, so she got a little black mini goat and named him Pumpkin.
    10-06-23-9-05-16-PM.png
    10-06-23-9-05-18-PM.png

Tanvi went to Uku's house to tell him she would be leaving, but he wasn't home. Blaze was there though, all grown up, so she told him her goodbyes.
    10-06-23-9-10-34-PM.png

Uku came by later and found her, so it all worked out. She is really starting to hone her woodworking craft.
    10-06-23-9-15-28-PM.png

She tried to explain to him that she would be leaving in the morning, but he didn't take it well.

10-06-23-9-17-56-PM.png

"What do you mean you're leaving?"

"Well, you told me I should follow my dreams, and I want to travel. So I'm packing up a wagon and heading to the mainland. I think I'll travel north from there."

10-06-23-9-18-26-PM.png

"It's not fair!" he yelled. "You just got here!"

10-06-23-9-18-38-PM.png

"Don't worry," she assured him. "We can stay in touch."

10-06-23-9-18-55-PM.png

"You have my number, right?" she asked him.

10-06-23-9-19-27-PM.png

"Yes...but it's not the same..."

"It'll be okay. I'm sure we'll se each other again. It's a small world after all."

And she gave him one of her awkward hugs.

10-06-23-9-19-59-PM.png

The next day, Henry was sick. She guessed it was a good thing they were leaving. She'd have to look for a vet somewhere.

10-06-23-9-22-39-PM.png
    10-06-23-9-23-16-PM.png

She packed up a wagon with what little items she had acquired and hitched Dasha up to it. Her and the animals hopped on and they headed for the mainland. After that they traveled north for awhile until she came to a place called Windenburg. She settled in this abandoned cabin in Windslar.

10-06-23-9-38-54-PM.png

And after fixing it up a bit...

10-06-23-9-45-18-PM.png

The inside was still kind of a mess. She brought her woodworking table in order to keep making woodworks to sell (rolled woodworking again for her source of income).
    10-06-23-9-52-01-PM.png

After that it was just a little further north to Brindleton Bay to find a vet for Henry. "There you go, boy! All fixed up!"

10-06-23-9-47-49-PM.png

This tombstone was left on the property. Tanvi wondered what kind of spirits might haunt this place.

10-06-23-9-49-24-PM.png

Notes:
    She'll be staying for 10 days. I rolled Island Spirits, On a Ley Line, and Homey for the lot traits, and the challenges are Grody, Reduce and Recycle, and Simple Living.

Credit for the cabin:
    Screenshot-272.png
  • Options
    @Belalucina , oh yay! new chapter!
    Aww, now I feel sorry for poor Uku.. :'(

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thanks for reading. :) Yes, poor Uku. We shall see what will become of their friendship.
  • Options
    @Belalucina
    I really enjoyed the update! Hopefully Uku and Tanvi can see each other again someday. I like the cabin you chose! All of your screenshots are so good! The fourth picture inside the spoiler (of Tanvi riding Dasha near the palm tree) is my favorite.
  • Options
    @MrPlumbob
    Thank you! That one was my favorite too. Sulani is just so pretty!