Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building Newcrest

Hey guys! I've been really into build/decorating recently so decided to build up Newcrest including creating sim families to live in the houses with backgrounds! I'm not great at exterior building so I've been downloading exteriors to revamp and then decorate the interior to suit the family style. I've decided to post each house and family here to show you all, and also give shoutouts to the amazing builders who helped make it look amazing!

Without further ado, here we go...

Comments

• Options
    OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Lot 1! Originally: Comfy Cubby - Now: 9 Sixam Crescent

In the first lot I decided to build on I created a small eco-friendly home for a sim called Jessica Carter!

Let's meet Jessica:
    Jessica is a vegetarian and a maker who loves the outdoors and wants to be an eco innovator! She has a cat called Mr. Monocle who she dotes on!

acWao7Z.png

Her house is a very neutral themed tiny home with everything she needs and nothing more.

bU5Orja.png

Her living room is a small and cosy room with a sofa big enough for her and her cat, a TV and a cute rug to tie it all together.

xw5ZT7j.png

Her kitchen is again very neutral and uncluttered, but has everything she needs

VndtdLO.png

While she does like to save space, there's one exception: she couldn't leave Mr Monocle without somewhere to cosy up too!

aAFyFxN.png

The bathroom is small and simple with a toilet, sink and wall-built shower.

Her bedroom sticks to the neutral tones and is complete with a single bed (because a double would take up too much room and she doesn't need it! Practical!), a desk and a dresser.

dSAelem.png

A00Hwxg.png

And finally, her garden is complete with a small sitting area, some plant pots ready for her to grow her own vegetables, a water catcher and some insect houses!

tk3MGUS.png

0zSdSsX.png

oS6VK7A.png

I hope you like it! This was the first one I built so I didn't go quite as in depth with the details as I did in later builds, but it was a great way to start off my motivation!
  • Options
    Lot 2 - Originally: Oak Alcove - Now: 10 Sixam Crescent

The second house in Sixam Crescent belongs to Meghan Alderton, a cheerful and outgoing artist with big dreams and a big personality. She is the opposite of her neighbour Jessica, as she loves colour and clutter! She spends her days painting and her nights working in a bar to make ends meet.

ITlgrvU.png

And here is her home! Structurally it is identical to number 9, but Meghan made sure to put her own stamp on it by painting it yellow and pink!

xe9HOTd.png

Inside her living room is full of colour - she even painted the doors!

85eRMIe.png

tlw8kFv.png

And her kitchen is the same!

4y1sW5w.png

She's left her mark on the bathroom too, re-tiling it pink and finding this gorgeous mirror at a flea market

gyWdTsR.png

In her bedroom she's opted for a mint-green vibe and uses tapestry hangings she found in a charity shop for curtains - so chic!

NnJlZ2Z.png

lZlNPdf.png

Outside she has her grandmother's rocking chair sitting on the porch, as well as a small firepit and a bee hive!

qCryCFw.png

She also kept the plant pots from the previous owner and revamped them with a splash of paint, and has hung lanterns from the tree to bring some light to the garden

njXA6AO.png

I hope you like it! As you can tell I started putting more details in as I continued building.
  • Options
    Lot 3 - Originally: Beech Byway - Now: 11 Sixam Crescent

Let's meet our first family in Newcrest - the Eastmans! The Eastman family are a classic family - two parents, three children, completely nothing out of the ordinary. Nope. Nothing at all...

The patriarch of the family is called David Eastman - he is a good, ambitious geek. No-one really knows what he does for work...

8hgK8ds.png?1

He met his wife, Clare, at college and the two married soon after. Clare is a family-oriented perfectionist who likes keeping her home neat and just wants to be a good Mom.

sVRPDl5.png

The twins Luna and Nova were born soon after. Luna is a creative child, and her sister Nova is cheerful. They are best friends (most of the time).

0bu7i70.png

A few years later they were joined by a little brother, Sonny.

MHnRzF7.png

And of course, we can't forget Chaser!

tRjmWhd.png

Now let's look around their house!

This exterior is originally by gizky :smile:

w6QQqEI.png

Inside we have a small storage unit just as you come into the front door, to pop down all the bits and pieces you don't want to carry through the rest of the house

tmybuZv.png

The archways keep the hallway feeling open and less enclosed

PkRyxCT.png

The living room is full of toys for the children and plenty of space for everyone to sit down

ojuUmFE.png

Including a bay window seat (built in lovingly by David for his wife, an avid reader), and of course a lot of mess!

o4HAlJT.png

Next door is the dining room, a classic white-themed room with plenty of storage space

NZiErZE.png

The kitchen is cute and practical for a family of 5

SPdN3ps.png

And includes a breakfast table where David and Clare sometimes enjoy breakfast or a glass of wine in the evening while the kids are in bed

84j2rn1.png

Through to the back of the house they have a small mud room where they keep their coats, school bags and wellington boots to keep from walking all that mud through the house

UgSTqzL.png

They also have lots of cute family photos on the ball

zlrTe5t.png

And under the stairs there's lots of clutter to make it feel more realistic

YimnEkm.png

Upstairs there are two bathrooms (which look mostly the same so here's just one photo!)

P1L8tX3.png

The landing has a few potted plants and some empty frames ready for more family photos

aArHcGN.png

The parent's bedroom is a green theme with a variety of items collected over the years to match the theme

3CXKb2t.png

N8G9uUY.png

The twins' room has bunkbeds with desks beneath so both have room to do their homework and complete their hobbies

Qn7Jsix.png

And finally, Sonny's room is a messy and fun room perfect for a toddler

aFybYYt.png

9iTGvho.png

Now let's look at the yard...

There's plenty of space for the children to run around. There's a barbecue for family summers and the children's bikes

l405huX.png

As well as some children's items

lKEOQz3.png

Oh wait... There's one more thing. Under the treehouse tree there's this little hatch...

xLIgcEb.png

Leading to a very secure hallway with two very secure doors...

LLq7vT7.png

Inside of which is David's office!

hlbyuc0.png

Turns out he works for the government researching and communicating with aliens!

cwUlrEz.png

And here's a floorplan for you!

8hguMde.png

RkX95Ar.png

edVyuyP.png

Hope you enjoyed! :smile:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Love Meghan's house! So cute. Will you be playing all the families once you're done?
  • Options
    Love Meghan's house! So cute. Will you be playing all the families once you're done?

Thank you!! I definitely have a few I'd love to play with and see how their lives will turn out, but I haven't decided for sure yet!
  • Options
    Lot 4 - Originally: Fern Park - Now: 12 Sixam Crescent

The final home in this neighbourhood belongs to Cecelia and Thomas Adams. Cecelia is a creative and family oriented woman who is very traditional. Thomas is an ambitious and cheerful man who loves spending time outdoors.

NvWXndD.png

cVR7EK1.png

Cecelia and Thomas had a daughter called Elena who married Matthew Foster right after high school - the two were very much in love

qYNUswn.png

They had two children together, Madeline Foster-Adams, a popular art-lover

YHSgw8u.png

And Matthew Junior, a smart and active boy with a penchant for scientific experiments

BCChZtO.png

Unfortunately Elena and Matthew passed away in a tragic house fire, and Madeline and Matthew Jr. moved in with their grandparents who are now raising them. Madeline and Matthew Jr. are still dealing with the loss of their parents, just as Cecelia and Thomas are dealing with the loss of their only daughter. But together they are a tight-knit family who are supporting each other. Cecelia and Thomas are doing all they can to raise Madeline and Matthew Jr. just as their daughter would have wanted.

Let's take a tour of their family home!

This exterior is by NelcaRed :smile:

rAlzAG3.png

The living room is quaint and cosy, filled with comforts and a nice place to sit and watch TV in the evenings

g0Kt2Rs.png

20rFEtt.png

The kitchen has a classic grandparent's feel with the pink curtain covers

p1Sz2Ca.png

And the dining room definitely gives Sunday roasts at your grandparents house

SbWFgyN.png

RdvbzFN.png

Thomas has an office area where he spends his time reading books and writing short stories

XdheJLv.png

And their bedroom is downstairs too, with a small bathroom adjacent

kyZZ9a3.png

Q0X9FPr.png?1

Upstairs the landing has a small unit for storage

vEJwgFg.png

As well as a sofa in case that trip up the stairs was too much for you!

7Ehqd74.png

Madeline's room is a classic teenage girl's room complete with funky wallpaper and a double bed

iu8k9nU.png

It also has a TV so Madeline can spend her evenings playing games online with her friends or catching up on TV

ErWZaC1.png

And Matthew Jr's room is a classic boy's room full of dinosaurs and half-done scientific experiments

sTzwOtN.png

fhLgxeh.png

They have their own bathroom upstairs too - I'm sure there are a few fights over the hot water!

VVj8c2f.png

In the garden there is a swingset and a slide

NCqW3MN.png

As well as Cecelia's pride and joy - her pond!

4DMt4Z5.png

The floorplan:

7aUmtCi.png

60wBnCm.png

I hope you like it! :smile:

This was the last house in the first neighbourhood, the final lot is a park which I will give you a brief tour around before moving onto the next neighbourhood! :smile:
  • Options
    Lot 5 - Originally: Midtown Meadows - Now: Newcrest Central Park

So I found a park on the gallery and added my own touches (I planned to build the park myself but due to some other stuff taking up a lot of my time and the empty lot annoying me, I sought the help of my gallery friends for a beautiful park!)

2epWz0a.png

k2xonxJ.png

h4Gd9V4.png

as3IfYj.png

9APlbKS.png

eSUbpB1.png

And that's the final lot in Bridgeview! Next up I'll give you a tour of the homes in Ridgeline Drive! And ask for your opinion on what I should put over in Llama Lagoon: residential, public lots or a bit of both?? :smile:
  • Options
    Lot 6 - Originally: Sandy Run - Now: 174-6 Newcrest Boulevard

I was really intrigued by this lot by Brijor13 with 3 separate houses in one lot! Unfortunately I couldn't find a mod which allowed me to properly separate them so all 3 families are within 1 household which works when you're not really planning to play them much. It also let me explore different personalities on a single lot and see how different I could make 3 townhouses with pre-built rooms which would look the same (like the kitchen and bathrooms).

AImMDT3.png

I'm going to break this tour into 3 parts just so it isn't ridiculously long...

Let's meet family 1...

At number 174 lives Amalia Knightly and her daughter Bodhi.

Amalia is a friendly vegetarian who loves the outdoors. Her daughter Bodhi is cheerful and loves spending time watching her Mom create crystal art for her plopsy customers.

uoDNRTC.png

Their living room is full of colour which helps Amalia stay inspired to create her art

s19Fu04.png

Fcz7c0U.png

Amalia's bedroom is also on the ground floor and is full of even more colour

0OnhBy2.png

On the second floor there is a kitchen which Amalia has made her own with coloured hangings and a vibrant upcycled table

0gEgMKy.png

58kxPIV.png

And on the other side of this floor is a sunroom where Amalia goes to meditate and feel at one with nature

qfElaBS.png

mquddYI.png

Finally on the third floor is Bodhi's bedroom

VyXm1Lw.png

2gZx5G5.png

They have a small guest room too, which comes in handy when Amalia's sister comes to visit (two floors between Amalia and her sister is definitely the minimum there should be to keep the peace)

And recent addition that Amalia created for Bodhi for her birthday...

L79L8pm.png

A cinema room! Bodhi can have sleepovers with her friends in style!

cdghkYw.png

BOnSUDW.png
  • Options
    Let's meet family 2...

Living at number 175 are three best friends who are studying at Newcrest Community College.

Left: Samantha Jones, a creative art lover who is a perfectionist, expecting a lot from herself. She is studying art history.
    Middle: Mattie McKay, a non-committal genius who loves a good bargain. They are studying for an apprenticeship as a vet.
    Right: Emily Hastings, an active, loyal and ambitious student of sports science.

bnYC0bO.png

The three friends live in a minimally furnished home (being students they don't have much money!). The living room has the essentials...

Zw3wwig.png

U1YGap6.png

And the ground-floor bedroom belongs to Samantha

zlEpg51.png

On the second floor is the kitchen with a small dining area where the trio do their homework and eat takeout together

T4HYnQb.png

Ty7vXfp.png

The other side of the second floor is open enough for a ping-pong table which comes in handy when the trio can't decide who's washing up or cleaning the bathroom!

Mc6GpiJ.png

And on the top floor are two more bedrooms, one belonging to Emily...

a1cax1L.png

vhZeWkG.png

And the other to Mattie

ABAbSJh.png

There is also a small storage area on this floor where the group keep their suitcases and empty boxes ready for when they finally get to move away from Newcrest and conquer the big wide world!

PLmJaSU.png
  • Options
    Family 3!

Family 3 is the Cooke family, made up of Alexander Cooke, family-oriented genius who loves a good book and works for a publishing company. His wife Elizabeth Cooke is a kind, ambitious and cheerful woman who is currently a stay-at-home Mom. Their oldest daughter, Amaya, is a very social butterfly who loves drawing and playing with her Mommy. Their younger daughter Samara is a sweet and cautious infant who is definitely a Daddy's girl!

d0aPk7f.png

xVTBBux.png

Their living room is a perfect combination of cosy and modern

SgzxncK.png

And Alexander and Elizabeth's ground-floor bedroom has a calming duck-egg colour scheme

RHLlA4i.png

a0VwoCx.png

On the second floor is their kitchen and family dining area

ykGe9Dy.png

8ULCNuE.png

As well as a small office and reading nook

EMOWub8.png

Eg4h2iJ.png

On the top floor is Amaya's bedroom with a cheerful yellow theme

TH1MqNk.png

E9itqzq.png

As well as Samara's bedroom, which is themed in pink and purple

XC28XTE.png

3Tsnji1.png

And as well as this, the girls have a shared playroom between their bedrooms complete with a play kitchen, dolls house and cosy drawing nook

rvOkoLC.png

9cVC56P.png

Here is a floorplan for all three townhouses:

Ground Floor: xFJFkvs.png

Second Floor: PqkAOvC.png

Top Floor: IXH9sd8.png

And that's lot 1 from our second neighborhood!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Aww, too bad about Elena and Matthew. Madeline and Matthew Jr. certainly have a lovely home to grow up in.
  • Options
    Aww, too bad about Elena and Matthew. Madeline and Matthew Jr. certainly have a lovely home to grow up in.

Thank you! I wanted to make a variety of different family types but I also wanted to keep family trees complete for realistic gameplay :)
  • Options
    Lot 7 - Originally: Cookout Lookout - Now: 177 Newcrest Boulevard

The next home in this neighbourhood belongs to the Tucker-Johnson family!

First up is Yasmin Tucker, an outgoing animal enthusiast who loves spending time outdoors in nature.

3CciW65.png

Next is her wife Emilia Johnson, a family-oriented vegetarian who loves spending time outside just like her wife.

4T6jzOG.png

And their daughter Jemima Tucker-Johnson who, you guessed it, also loves time outdoors!

JK671LE.png

The Tucker-Johnson family raise chickens, have their own garden where they cook many of their meals from, and frequently spend their Sundays at the Henford-Upon-Bagley market. Let's look around their home!

The exterior of this home is originally by annathini :smile:

UU5RR3a.png

As you enter the house there are archways leading you to the many rooms with an open flow

GH6GpEL.png

The living room has a very nature inspired theme, which flows through the rest of the house

3m8DP9E.png

The dining room is big enough for the family of three, and has space to expand into a larger family in the future

bQwKxEz.png

C1uyn7D.png

The kitchen is clean and simple with enough space to cook all of those home-grown meals

WFx92rC.png

They even have an indoor herb garden where they can season their various meals

wlWSafy.png

Leading off from the kitchen is their little piece of outdoors indoors

JC9UbgI.png

A gorgeous greenhouse sunroom

5fjW7Vi.png

N5kmHnT.png

The bathroom is sleek and modern

7Tlc0ZX.png

And the green nature theme continues the couple's bedroom

WkIdt8Q.png

Pizrvq9.png

And onto their balcony

5xM6Hkn.png

Jemima's room is no different with nature and animals all around her

vU1W3dQ.png

vzAFAO1.png

Finally let's see their garden...

Qwc4b0K.png

They have plenty of space for all of their various outdoor activities, including raising chickens and gardening...

sAFQfja.png

Flower arranging and insect housing...

rG26lkq.png

And play time for Jemima!

jFL2g5a.png

Here's a look at the floorplan:

fzs91JP.png

dGUa5Jn.png

And that's all for lot 7! :smile:
  • Options
    Lot 8 - Originally: Civic Cliffs - Now: 178 Newcrest Boulevard

Living in this household is Olivia Thomson

886rS73.png

And her many fur babies...

Pumpkin, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. She's loud, loyal and friendly, the perfect fluffy companion

iwdrCPp.png

Teddy, a rescue mixed breed who is fluffy, mischievous and clever: he's one to watch!

JflxizZ.png

Nicky (left) and Lila (Right), who were also rescued together. As you can see, they're incredibly close! Nicky is a mixed breed who is skittish, lazy and very spoiled. Lila is an American Wirehair who loves food, is frisky and playful.

2caR2JF.png

And finally is Shadow, a Japanese Bobtail. Shadow is clever, affectionate and a hunter, always bringing Olivia lovely gifts.

m4fVI3O.png

And now let's take a look at their home...

This exterior is originally by dayafterdaysims :smile:

1DbGlwx.png

As soon as you enter the house you can see how loved the fur babies are, as so much of the house is dedicated to them!

pc2k0eO.png

jdFFKlY.png

The living room includes a very cute bed for our fluffy friends as well as a mini pet sofa. There's also a window sofa where Olivia loves to pamper them all

Me8HKhI.png

dV6Ji2e.png

The kitchen is small but perfect for a single person and her pets. There are plenty of food bowls and a handy place to hang Pumpkin's lead between walks

4yhDPhW.png

Plus a small dining area for when Olivia has guests

PkCDdPu.png

At the top of the stairs is a small sofa perfect for person or pet

1OU25bS.png

As well as Olivia's bedroom

hE93ibv.png

Which has a wide door leading out to a balcony, a small dog bed for Pumpkin (or the cats if they get there first!) and an ensuite bathroom

i75B2su.png

qtrhNnu.png

And in the other bedroom is a whole room for the cats and Pumpkin to spend their time!

There is a climbing wall, a small lockable pen for when Olivia is getting jobs done and needs the kitties locked away...

uamrhaF.png

As well as some dog beds and extra food bowls (because who wants to go all the way downstairs for food?)

8oWXQWZ.png

There is also a small area for bathing the pets, which really just shows the commitment that Olivia has gone to to make this room purrfect!

kqvlKh7.png

Outside is a small dog house for Pumpkin when she wants to escape her 4 feline siblings, and some training equipment

p2b93U4.png

6VzxLnd.png

I had so much fun building this one, especially being able to designate a whole bedroom to the pets! I hope you like it as much as I do! Next up is another multiple household lot, so be sure to check back in for that!
  • Options
    Lot 9 - Originally: Hillside Highlands - Now: 179-180 Newcrest Boulevard

Back again with lot 4 in our second neighbourhood! It's another multiple households lot, and this one is a little different as I wanted to play around with some occult sims! Let's meet them...

Living at number 179 is the Bennett family...

This family is made up of Mother Meredith Bennett, a powerful spellcaster who leans to the side of good, is a perfectionist, but can be hotheaded.

GQeCHsZ.png

And her daughter, Evangeline Bennett, a creative romantic.

BZTSWWE.png

Living next door at 180 is the Petrovo family...

Pieter Petrovo is a very old vampire who loves art, is a perfectionist and also hotheaded

i0R6N5C.png

And his "son" Sebastian Petrovo, also a vampire, who leans to the side of good and is often gloomy about his existence as a vampire. Sebastian is not truly Pieter's son, but was saved and turned into a vampire by Pieter long ago during a war.

o9FGqQ2.png

There is, of course, always a twist when two families like this live next door to each other...

k1RkbQK.png

Let's check out where they live... (this exterior is originally by RealThomasTV1)

k4CmJJM.png

First let's look at number 179, the home of the Bennett spellcasters

As soon as you step inside you can see how light and flowy the Bennett's have styled their home, reflecting their relationship with nature

1nqmlEZ.png

Their living room is very light and open with green nature themed decor

41U8tX8.png

Their kitchen is where you truly get your first taste that they are occult sims, with a very spellcaster-vibe kitchen

eFCeN8I.png

Upstairs there are two bedrooms, the first belonging to Meredith

ovwHDPx.png

dOeYvni.png

JqDrmGi.png

And the other belonging to Evangeline (peep the photo of Sebastian she has placed on the dresser, with a spell on it that changes to a photo of a tree when anyone else looks!)

iY6Jb6C.png

fi8O9f6.png

yZNPExH.png

Finally there is a small ladder in the hallway which leads down to their basement with everything a spellcaster needs

jmtOmwN.png

rfXQ1dJ.png

3lgYnkU.png

And that's 179! Let's now check out 180, the home of the Petrovo family.

The entryway immediately shows you that the occupants of the home prefer darker tones, victorian decor and nothing modern

mmiRjNt.png

The living room consists of a grand fireplace and sofa

qm0DcNA.png

As well as a pipe organ which Pieter enjoys playing, and a kitchen though Pieter can no longer eat human food due to being a vampire for so long, while Sebastian only eats small amounts to maintain his tolerance

E5HJpIn.png

The bathroom has very gothic victorian vibes

gliP0rq.png

The first bedroom upstairs belongs to Pieter, though he rarely sleeps in it, instead choosing to sleep in a much more comfortable coffin

CvuQtgs.png

lDbrxkm.png

And the other belongs to Sebastian, who does opt to sleep in a human bed

wzIa3mN.png

He has photos above his desk of his parents, who are unfortunately long passed, and a painting of Evangeline, which inspires him while writing his poetry

fLwnY4u.png

Finally their basement is filled with relics from the decades and centuries of exploring the world

bfXRX2p.png

As well as a coffin where Pieter sleeps

4CttUg1.png

And that's their homes! I hope you enjoyed! I wanted to experiment with the occult packs as I haven't played with them in a long time :smile: Next up is the final home in this neighbourhood, and the final residential home overall!

• Options
    Lot 10 - Originally: Optimist's Outlook - Now: 181 Newcrest Boulevard

Our last residential lot and last household in our second neighbourhood. Let's meet the family...

This house belong to Simon Falkner, an ambitious perfectionist and his wife, Cathy Falkner, who is outgoing and family oriented.

tuice8p.png

They have big hearts and a big house, so they decided to begin fostering. Their first foster child was Cameron Grant, a loner foodie who dreams of becoming a master chef. He has lived with Cathy and Simon since he was a child and they are now in the process of formally adopting him!

hj7lqyW.png

They have fostered many children since then and currently have 5 other foster children in their home...

Lina Osbourne, a hot-headed music lover who dreams of becoming a rock star

Xl4DABn.png

And her younger sister Katie Osbourne, a charming young girl who has a small habit of stealing items (we're working on it...)

1Zhn4gV.png

There's also Maia Hudson, an often gloomy but very bright child

25tBVRL.png

And finally siblings Kai and Lily Johnson. Kai is a clingy toddler who is very attached to Cathy and doesn't like to leave his sister's side. Lily is a sensitive infant but Kai is excellent at keeping her calm and happy.

s2GJ11E.png

J7Ts4vU.png

Let's take a look around their home...

This lot is originally by honeymaysims :smile:

k6UDExD.png

The entryway gives off light and open space with archways leading to the rest of the house

VCvppn9.png

U87j6by.png

The living room contains a reading nook with a fireplace and bookshelf wall

Ei6SDDY.png

A sitting area with a TV and unit for storage

KKGQPmS.png

And a small reading area for the children too

e18XV3o.png

There is a small downstairs office Simon and Cathy use for work, as well as a small drawing desk for the children to use alongside them

Mmbzyh4.png

A small family bathroom is also downstairs

xW9ZodB.png

The kitchen is light and open with plenty of space for cooking for the full house

IK6SIkr.png

With a breakfast bar big enough for 4 which is perfect for school mornings

5fsBcLj.png

And a coffee station and snack bar because fuel is always needed!

rzxwxm9.png

The dining room hosts family dinners and important talks, so has a neutral and light vibe

wQvILzF.png

IkOqicM.png

By the back door is a small mud room where the children keep their shoes and there are plenty of spare backpacks for them to take to school or visits

zmDd3iw.png

And there is also a small storage space that Cathy keeps well stocked with essentials like towels, toiletries and books which the children can help themselves to - it's great for new arrivals who may not have what they need!

77yv117.png

Downstairs there is also a utility room which is always busy with 8 loads of washing to do!

AP820aN.png

Finally for downstairs is Simon and Cathy's bedroom - they opted to have their bedroom downstairs so it provided them with some privacy at night but was also easily accessible if any of the children needed them

xRtIfQP.png

iRXmd9c.png

Upstairs we start in Cameron's room, which is more decorated with colours due to how long he's been living there.

da3b6VY.png

And the teenager's rooms have their own en suite for that little bit of extra privacy

6RM2Zt5.png

The rest of the rooms are themed with gender-neutral white or green with splashes of colour so they are ready for any child who may arrive. The other teenager in the house, Lina, has her own room also with an en suite bathroom

AgveP3S.png

MZIks4L.png

e1MWkgV.png

The children's room has 2 beds and is currently shared by Katie and Maia

26XaizI.png

fE6Pexr.png

And the nursery is currently kitted out for 2 infants, though both cots convert into toddler beds which is what Kai is currently sleeping in

cldeN6E.png

WrEFyIF.png

There is another shared family bathroom upstairs which, due to having a shower rather than a bath, is mainly used by the children

3WiUafl.png

There is also a small balcony looking out onto the back of the house which currently has an art easel, telescope and bench for the children to enjoy

ThXwo4z.png

And finally the garden is full of bikes

fBQz4TF.png

Toys...

t1HKe5b.png

And even a pool, which all of the children enjoy during the summer time

LLNFtoN.png

Floorplan:

Y5T806V.png

Z6KmOP4.png

I really loved building this house and exploring the world of a family with foster children, meaning I tried to keep the bedrooms neutral and add plenty of fun and enjoyable spaces around the house for different ages to all enjoy. I hope you liked it!

That's all of the residential lots in Newcrest now! Next I'll give you a tour of the final neighbourhood which is full of different types of lots and introduce the people who own them!
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay! I wanted to finish the neighbourhood before I started posting. Here's the final neighbourhood: Lagoon Promenade!

Lot 11 - Originally: Asphalt Abodes - Now: The Pawsome Vet Clinic and Kennels

First up let's meet the owners! Sisters Clara and Stephanie inherited this house from a relative and decided to pursue their passion for animal care by turning it into a vet clinic and kennel.

Clara has always had a passion for caring for animals and attended Britechester University to study veterinary science. She became a vet and worked at various vet clinics before opening up her own.

zdJY9SH.png

Her younger sister Stephanie has also always loved animals, and runs the kennel side. She is also studying and apprenticing at the clinic to become a vet too.

FqCkcXe.png

Now let's look around the place!

This exterior is originally by winnietopiaa :smile:

uKMpAWF.png

When you enter the clinic there is a waiting room with plenty of places to sit

q5Davqt.png

There's also a desk to check in and a machine to check yourself in for pre-booked appointments

BlQXYTj.png

There's also two fully stocked vending machines for all of your pet treat needs!

gjem47Q.png

Then we enter the two rooms on the vet side of the building

RsXqdMS.png

The consultation room where the animals are checked out

sehV2c1.png

https://imgur.com/a/OzJ3Uwi

And the treatment room which has an x-ray machine as well as a recovery bed for those pets who need to stay in for a little extra monitoring

YvG3PKs.png

On the other side is the kennels with 7 fenced in spots for the furry guests to sleep

ezf78XR.png

There are 3 spots for dogs complete with beds, bowls and speakers which play soothing music to help them settle and sleep

a5aZUfd.png

And 4 spots for cats with beds, scratching posts and litter boxes

SuMixJ3.png

While the pets sleep in here they spend the vast majority of their days exploring the building and the fenced in yard

J5Rpc47.png

Th0OiGx.png

mzvHbnc.png

On the porch there is also a cat house for them to play on

tE6RUCX.png

As well as a quiet seating area for families to sit and wait for their pets or to process news

xMij8gJ.png

Upstairs there is a small apartment where Stephanie often sleeps while caring for the animals staying overnight - Clara also stays on occasion to give Stephanie a night off, and they also have a number of other staff members who help out

2wWP8Eb.png

OAkVkCa.png

WKjYBkR.png

lpWP0Lz.png

I hope you like it! Only 4 more lots to go...

• Options
    Lot 12 - Originally: Tranquil Crescent - Now: Newcrust Restaurant

The Newcrust Restaurant is owned and run by the Rossi family

Vincenzo Rossi is an ambitious, hot-headed perfectionist who loves his family and runs his business like a tight ship

uEwwv0t.png

His wife Maria is family oriented and a big foodie. She creates the recipes and menus for the restaurant and often jumps into the kitchen herself to prepare some of her specialties

2M4HolH.png

The couple have two children - a teenage daughter Francesca, a creative and cheerful girl who often helps out at the restaurant after school but dreams of becoming an artist

AmndFkS.png

And their youngest child is a son called Mateo, who is very smart and loves school, often sitting at the restaurant to do his homework

SH5mxgJ.png

Let's look around the restaurant!

This lot is originally by ellacase19

hVZ83Hv.png

As you enter the restaurant you are greeted by a warm vibe where the host will meet you and take you to your table

WZPj2H9.png

There are plenty of tables to dine at and there is plenty of privacy for more intimate meals

wVn5OtI.png

q6sQ821.png

Towards the back of the restaurant there is a bar where you can sit and drink while you wait for a table or if you don't fancy a bite to eat

FEvu5E9.png

vUT67TQ.png

The kitchen is clean and simple, the focus being on the food that's made there

hEVhAen.png

There is also a private room that can be rented for events

RG9q8r8.png

Currently, it's set up for a bridal shower dinner

4cOuqCM.png

Upstairs are the bathrooms, which are simple with everything you need

QRKgHcw.png

oLVHXxS.png

There are also two doors

TLawD5S.png

One leads to the staff room - The Rossi family care very much about their staff and like to make sure they have a super comfy room to relax in during their breaks

WPYHEn4.png

MSq7JeR.png

The other leads to a small apartment where Vincenzo sometimes sleeps over while working

ncbdbse.png

J93UYGO.png

Finally, there is a small dining area outside

9GYptuy.png

vKHArYT.png

And that's the Newcrust Restaurant! I hope you like it!
  • Options
    Lot 13 - Originally: Avarice Acres - Now: Crestmont Shopping District

This lot is a retail lot with 4 stores to browse. Each store has an owner and a story.

The original lot is by @Nikkamore :smile:

rVzmk5K.png

Let's meet the shop owners and look around their stores!

The first shop is owned by Jo Holden, an outgoing and creative romantic. She opened this bridal shop just over a year ago and has already served many happy brides!

tBZdoCX.png

Her store, Jo's Bridal, is the first shop as you enter the small district

yzGDDrf.png

With ever changing window displays keeping up to date with the most popular bridal trends

aLPg11k.png

Inside Jo has a few more of the most in-fashion dresses on display, as well as more in storage and catalogues to be brought in and tried on at the bride's request

qtJRHqz.png

There is a dressing room where the bride to be and her bridesmaids can try on different gowns while the others sit on the comfy sofa enjoying some complimentary cupcakes and champagne

v0knfA6.png

There is also a display of jewelry and shoes to match any wedding theme

u4qcCAR.png

And a table full of catalogues, fabric swatches and business cards of other wedding vendors

D1Jl6Wn.png

What a beautiful store!

The next store is owned by Richard Davidson, a sweet and kind goofball who never outgrew his childish side (and why should he!)

oT6sgGB.png

He owns We R Toys

sE0Y027.png

Which sells a wide variety of things! Most importantly, of course, are toys!

bJz1Wzh.png

You can get a wide range of collectibles, toys for infants, toddlers, children and, well, any age!

6Cc6h3i.png

Upstairs Richard also sells a few important clothing items including school uniforms for Newcrest Academy and also football jersey's in Newcrest colours

AFGdjq8.png

You can also pick up anything you'd need for school with backpacks and lunchboxes, and some very cute plates and cups for when your little ones are starting to explore solid foods!

ZthK0KK.png

You'll also find walkers, rocking horses, various artwork...

WM8DEZm.png

Strollers and carseats...

Z2hVr7C.png

And a few other furniture items

DJiD4Uv.png

What a range of items!

The next store is The Studio, owned by the wealthy Dorsey family and currently run by daughter Aria

oiVN3IL.png

Y3HUF2Z.png

The studio is, you guessed it, a store that sells artwork from local artists!

hYuSWlC.png

VCpWWCV.png

DhI9rgP.png

Aria Dorsey sells her own artwork here too, as well as networking with other artists and choosing the perfect pieces to display and sell at the store.
    Above the store is a studio apartment where Aria currently lives - it's small and has just the essentials, but with Aria travelling a lot to network, it's ideal for her

rp1ys0x.png

Pl4d2ol.png

WBPlITf.png

u5GTZdz.png

T7qwhT8.png

iirVoeD.png

What a great gig she's got!

The final store in the district is Tea @ Two, a cafe owned and run by couple James and Samira Kingston

EazME7j.png

oHeZxGO.png

The couple have only recently opened the cafe and it's been quite a time crunch to do so, as Samira is currently pregnant with their first child!

The cafe has rustic and homely vibes perfect for a quiet catch up or a relax after a long day of shopping

ShuspCt.png

nZlCv0h.png

bRNsv04.png

There is a small on-site kitchen where Samira prepares many of the cakes and goodies herself

lxJZ0r4.png

As well as a small apartment upstairs that James set up for the couple while they were busy working on renovations: not having to travel back to their home in San Sequoia each evening was ideal

pRPZxX6.png

dnlVNX8.png

The rest of the loft above the cafe is currently empty, but Samira dreams of being able to expand the cafe or turn it into a rental space, either for events or into its own apartment - but that will have to wait until after baby Kingston makes an appearance!

xBQ7vTK.png

And that's all of the retail lots here! I wanted to build on a bigger lot for this but I think I managed to get most of the 'important' retail spaces into this smaller lot!