Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laptops that work?

pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
I'm a laptop girlie and mine is struggling. Anyone have a laptop that plays the game well and maybe even lets you have more than the sims on it?

Comments

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 757 Member
    edited July 2023
    The product description page is gone at Amazon, but I pulled this info off the invoice.

ASUS TUF Gaming F17 Premium Laptop
    17.3" FHD 144Hz IPS
    11th Gen Intel 6-Core i5-11260H
    32GB DDR4 2TB SSD
    GeForce RTX 3050 4GB
    Win11

The seller upgraded the computers himself and claimed the i5 was better than the i7-8850H for this machine. A friend who knows about this stuff agreed with the seller. I just know I can play the sims with no lag at all, even without being in laptop mode. I have everything installed except Bust the Dust.

I also have almost all of Sims 3 installed, and Logos Bible software which uses more storage and power than both the Sims 3 and 4 combined. The "Bible" software includes videos and over 7, 400 books including medieval and ancient classical works with special fonts and over 100 encyclopedia sets that are all lavishly illustrated. Logos is a monster. I occasionally have a small amount of lag with Logos, especially when it is indexing. This computer was originally purchased with a "Covid" grant given to the school because the library was closed. It was specifically chosen to run the Logos software at home for some papers that I needed to write that referenced ancient works and the Britannica Great Books of the Western World library.

Then I went into a funk this winter and took some time off. I installed the Sims and ... here I am. This computer runs the Sims well, but it was not purchased for that purpose. LOL.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,700 Member
    I’m playing on an upgraded Dell Latitude computer, which is not in any way a full on gaming computer. I’m not an intense gamer but this laptop does light gaming well enough because it does have an Intel i7 processor and a dedicated NVIDIA graphics card. It will play TS4 on the highest settings with occasional lag, so I use custom settings for optimal performance. I also play TS3 and Disney Dreamlight Valley with no problems.
  • Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    A lot of people have mixed opinions about Razer products, but their computers are pretty solid. I bought my Razer Blade 15 a couple years ago and it's one of the best investments I've made in my adult life. It was $1,400 at the time, and it was the cheapest option because I bought the 2020 model, so it was on sale.
    Specs:
    10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750h Processor
    GeForce GTX 1660Ti Graphics Card

The biggest drawback for mine is that the storage is pretty small, so you can only have a handful of larger games on it at a time unless you add more storage.

From what I'm seeing, used ones start at about $800. I Googled: razer blade 15 "Intel Core i7-10750h Processor"
    "GeForce GTX 1660 Ti" Graphics Card
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.