Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What makes a good challenge?

I've been thinking about making a Sims challenge. There are so many out there. Some I am so excited to start and then trail off and never finish. Others I get addicted to and play and complete in record time. I personally find it comes from the details in the backstory created for each generation. If there's too much I can't add my own flair and too little leaves with generation gaps and boring stories.

My point: To you what makes a challenge entertaining, worthwhile, or just plain good?

Comments

• Options
    CharityCodesCharityCodes Posts: 56 Member
    To me, it's something that forces you to play different from what you normally do. Exploring new facets of the game almost makes it a new game. This may occasionally flop since you might not like the new playstyle, but it usually holds my interest for a while. What is too much detail for a backstory? Would you mind looking at my challenge I recently made which is a generation prompt challenge and let me know if you think it's too much or too little?
  • Options
    CatSimerCatSimer Posts: 16 Member
    I really enjoy aspect of chaos challenges bring to my game. Usually when I play everything is perfect, but challenges doesn't allow perfection.
  • Options
    pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    @CharityCodes too much detail meaning the entirety of the gameplay for a generation is determined beyond just traits and goals. Leaving little player freedom. I've only ever come across one challenge that made me feel that way, I usually find the details lacking. I'll go check yours out!