Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Point buying issues I will be pointing an EA worker to this thread

I know a number of people have issues with buying sim points and as I said I will be pointing an EA worker to this thread so he can be aware of how much these glitches affect people in different countries. So please if you have the following issues or a new one which I am unaware of then please comment below. if you could also put your country it it might help more (although I know of many in various countries)

So far I am aware of a few different issues which can vary between browsers
and which still appear after clearing your cache etc and on other pcs

Using Firefox the page doesn't skip you forward and just displays a blank page, I was told on the telephone that they are aware of this issue and it is a problem with some of the coding

Using IE, Chrome and Firefox
Credit Card: when choosing this option and clicking continue you get the message (A)that the details you entered are incorrect or (B) there is a system error and to try again later
Paypal: when choosing this payment method and hitting continue the page kicks you back to the choose payment method the end of this page will also end in "?execution=e1s2" with the s number rising each time you try it so next time will end s3 etc

I have the IE, Chrome & Firefox problem and am in the UK
Lucky enough to have had many generous friends so I own the Sims 3 store.

I can normally be found lurking more now or in my bunker watching ads and attempting to kill wishlists :D
I now have a sim story blog! It begins here https://chocchipniksimsblog.wordpress.com/current-story/getting-started/

Comments

• Options
    kathwynnkathwynn Posts: 156 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Browsers:

Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer

Get this message on all three browsers.

System Error. Please try again later

Am in America.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    And using a cash card bought today.
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited September 2012
    I can't buy anything from the store since a few months

Browsers: Firefox, but I used google Chrome and IE too.. Nothing worked

Credit card: error problems

Paypal: back to the first step

I know EA is aware of this issue since a long time. I've found many topics talking about it.. but as usual it has never been fixed.. So, I let down, EA won't see my money :roll:

EDIT: I bought my simpoints by Origin, but I'm not so happy as I've lost more than 6 euros for the same number of simpoints. EA, it's urgent to fix payment issues.. you're losing a lot of money (but maybe you don't care about it :roll: )
  • Options
    catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2012
    I also just bought a ea cashcard yesterday and have been unable to redeem it. Tried redeeming at eacashcard.com & get the "system error, try again later" error message and when i try to redeem at thesims3.com i get a "invalid code" error. I am using IE8.

I did a live chat with ea last night and they said it is a known problem and they have excalated it to the expert level to be fixed. So hoplefully they are actually working on it, otherwise i just threw away $20.

I really want that basketball set while it's on sale. I actually only need $10 worth of simpoints to get it on sale & thought about buying more through paypal and then using the points from the ea cashcard later, but since there's a problem with that too, i'm not going to risk losing anymore money by trying to buy more points until they have this fixed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited September 2012
    I tried from IE8 and Firefox. I'm in the US.
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    qkinneyqkinney Posts: 367
    edited September 2012
    I bought a ea cash card. I scratched it off. I entered the numbers. The problem is when I enter them they tell me the card is invalid. I go onto the TECHNICAL SUPPORT CHAT. EA told me this is a on going problem. How many of you are affected by this issue? Anyway can anyone help?
  • Options
    knightflower3knightflower3 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Really wish I would have seen this thread before buying an ea cash card... I really hope they fix it soon. :?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I hope so as well. I have a lot of cool stuff in my wish list.
  • Options
    efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Okay, I am also really upset. I got a cash card to gift some people and cannot redeem it here or at the EA site. Here it says it is invalid and on the EA site it says System Error.

And of course, the store won't take it back because they think we used the code already. Grrrr.....this needs to be fixed. Another dropped ball by EA. This is $20!
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2012
    Got 2 cards today...Sept 7, 2012. Tried cashing in on my account cash in card using firefox and tried the activate card web page. Really EA this is the last straw...from US

Edit for better explanation:

From US

I bought an 2 EA Game Cards at Target late this afternoon. When I tried to cash it in late this evening, on my Account Page...It kept telling me it was invalid number.

I have the receipt that shows it was activated. When I went to the EA activate web page it told me to try again later.

So what now? I will not accept that Ea will not give me my sim points because they are not accepting a valid activated EA game Card. I want the points.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We all need to put press on EA. EA owes us big and I think we deserve a discount or something free.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I meant we need to put pressure on EA. I think all of us who bought cash cards should be compensate for our trouble.
  • Options
    IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/584744.page#9437933
    Here's another thread of people complaining about the same issue. Hopefully a Guru will see this and fix the issue ASAP.

• Options
    sl393lsl393l Posts: 155 Member
    edited September 2012
    I can only buy simpoints through origins.
  • Options
    Russells2Russells2 Posts: 1,495 Member
    edited September 2012
    catmom1987 wrote:
    I did a live chat with ea last night and they said it is a known problem and they have excalated it to the expert level to be fixed. So hoplefully they are actually working on it, otherwise i just threw away $20.

I did this two days ago. At the end of live chat, they told me I'd hear back from expert support within 48 hours. I got an email back this afternoon. The answer? I'll copy and paste:

"First of all, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. Owing to the inflow of Emails, we could not respond immediately. Henceforth, I assure that we would expedite our responses.

I have gone through your e-mail and understand that you are experiencing issues redeeming the EA Cash Card. We aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when redeeming EA Cash or Retail cards for Origin, Gem, and Subscription purchases. We are working to address this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the frustration this has undoubtedly caused. Please stay tuned for an update on this issue."

Really? I find it unacceptable that the only answer is to wait for an answer. There doesn't seem to be a way to reply to the message and if I go back to support, I'm pretty sure I'll get the same run-around. I bought Supernatural on Amazon because of the hard time I had trying to buy it on Origin and this isn't likely to make me shop with the official store again in the future.
  • Options
    OgekeooOgekeoo Posts: 59 New Member
    edited September 2012
    A very good idea! :)

Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera (All with cleared caches)
    Error Message: None
    Issue: On the review order page after clicking 'purchase' it sends me back to the choose your payment option page.
    Payment Method: PayPal
    Period: Since several months.
  • Options
    Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    edited September 2012
    I bought 3 EA Game Cards & am having this same issue. I've contacted EA/Origin for the past 4 days & they said that they have escalated this to their expert team. I hope they resolve this problem for all of us soon.

America

Browsers:
    Google Chrome
    Mozilla Firefox
    Internet Explorer
    Safari

Message on all browsers:
    System error. Please try again later.

• Options
    catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2012
    Russells2 wrote:
    catmom1987 wrote:

I did this two days ago. At the end of live chat, they told me I'd hear back from expert support within 48 hours. I got an email back this afternoon. The answer? I'll copy and paste:

"First of all, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. Owing to the inflow of Emails, we could not respond immediately. Henceforth, I assure that we would expedite our responses.

I have gone through your e-mail and understand that you are experiencing issues redeeming the EA Cash Card. We aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when redeeming EA Cash or Retail cards for Origin, Gem, and Subscription purchases. We are working to address this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the frustration this has undoubtedly caused. Please stay tuned for an update on this issue."

Really? I find it unacceptable that the only answer is to wait for an answer. There doesn't seem to be a way to reply to the message and if I go back to support, I'm pretty sure I'll get the same run-around. I bought Supernatural on Amazon because of the hard time I had trying to buy it on Origin and this isn't likely to make me shop with the official store again in the future.

Thanks for copying your e-mail here. They also told me i would be getting an e-mail, but i haven't received one yet. The more i think about possibly losing my $20 the angrier i get.

You would think EA could at least go into our account and give us our simpoints. I would gladly e-mail them a scanned copy of my receipt, which says that the activation was successful and the front and back of the cash card to prove that i purchased it, if they would credit my store account with the simpoints that i bought.

I won't be buying any more cash cards, i'll just buy my simpoints on this site using my paypal account from now on.
  • Options
    mcaptainmcaptain Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2012
    trying to get my cash card redeemed $ 20 Mississippi, USA
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Have been trying for the last 5 days now. This is ridiculously stupid. As I understand it the issue cropped up after origin was updated. Now it is looking like Ea and Origin do not have a clue. I am not downing Ea. Just making an observation.
  • Options
    ShiroYoruShiroYoru Posts: 182 Member
    edited September 2012
    Having the same problem. I usually get an email from origin to confirm the purchase. This time it's taking forever to get the email and the order history didn't add the purchase. I am hoping it's delayed for me. If not...then I just hand the phone to my boyfriend -.- He is better at talking to the tech support.
  • Options
    SugarCatSugarCat Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2012
    America

Using Chrome

Credit Card

Issue: Card details are incorrect.

But I was billed a dollar every time I tried, three times on my card.

Nothing shows up for that day on my billing page in the Sims store account.
  • Options
    LambkinLambkin Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2012
    In USA using IE. I haven't been able to buy through Origin using Paypal for several months. The message I get is that they don't accept Paypal even though I know they do. I resorted to EA cash cards. They have been working alright for me so far. I just bought more today but am afraid to use them now. I have linked the accounts together but still no communicattion between the two. I'm going to wait to try them until it is officially announced it has been corrected.
  • Options
    BabygurlAsh90BabygurlAsh90 Posts: 17
    edited September 2012
    catmom1987 wrote:
    I also just bought a ea cashcard yesterday and have been unable to redeem it. Tried redeeming at eacashcard.com & get the "system error, try again later" error message and when i try to redeem at thesims3.com i get a "invalid code" error. I am using IE8.

I really want that basketball set while it's on sale. I actually only need $10 worth of simpoints to get it on sale & thought about buying more through paypal and then using the points from the ea cashcard later, but since there's a problem with that too, i'm not going to risk losing anymore money by trying to buy more points until they have this fixed.

Still not fixed, Just gott off Live Chat with Someone, She was quiet Insulting too.
  • Options
    sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited September 2012
    US, trying to redeem cash card.

It's disappointing to know that my husband wanted to surprise me with a cash card so I could get the basketball hoop and it not work.

We're not well off financially at all, so it meant a lot to me that he did this... and this just breaks my heart.