The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,161 Member
    Please oh please let it be Mimi. 🙏🏼
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,088 Member
    edited May 5
    @luciusstorm @simgirl1010 It is Mimi. 🙂 I didn’t try very hard to hide it. Once I said Orchid Club it was only a matter until someone said her name.😊

It’s only an idea for now. I’m not sure I can work her in just yet. Or if I can at all.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,700 Member
    @DaniRose2143, happy dance...

I'll be interested to see how the idea takes shape (if it takes shape)... but I can easily imagine Mimi and Londyn being friends (and I will immediately stop offering further suggestions). :D
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,545 Member
    Ooo crossover event, sort of😁
  • Options
    edited May 5
    Ooo crossover event, sort of😁

In Mimi's case it's a permanent move. I feel like the new Tartosan Sun is the perfect fit.

A little update and a question. First the update. I'm restarting gameplay for University. Not a big deal. I only lost three sim days. The reason is I'm rebuilding my mods folder. My small mods were a mess. I had duplicates, obsolete ones, and more than a few needed updates. The only alpha cc left is some makeup, facial hair, and jewelry. I'm adding some new mods like Home Regions. Maybe the companion mod Townie Demographics. I'm open to suggestions for mods to enhance University gameplay.

Now the question. Would it be easier for you as readers if I kept the University story in a separate thread? Or if I made it part of the main story? There will be a little time jump after they graduate. Say a year, two tops. It seemed like a no-brainer to separate them. Then I remembered this thread will be moving over. Three Tartosan Sun threads could be messy and confusing. But with both new stories together the one thread could get cluttered and messy like this one. I'm leaning towards two saves, but I would love to hear what you the readers think. You'll be the ones who feel it most. I want to make things as easy as I can for you.
  • Options
    Home Regions is one of my personal "must have" mods. Townie Demographics is also good.

Mods to enhance university gameplay -
    • Anything that removes or speeds homework. As it stands, my experience is that university homework takes up all of sims time, leaving nothing for actual life. I use Nova's No Homework to Do University Only from Mod the Sims.
    • LittleMsSam's Choose Your Roommate is also a University must have for me. It's a bit of a pain to set up, but it lets you choose which NPC sims will share the dorm with your sims.
    • You might consider a mod that lets you put a kitchen in the dorms, but I find that just buying a mini fridge does the trick.
    • I also highly recommend Bienchen/Sims4Me's Less Fat mod (or another mod that controls sims weight gain). With limited time for exercise and the rich foods roommates bring in, it's really easy for sims to gain weight at Uni.
    • Both Bienchen and LittleMsSam have several other small "quality of life" mods both specifically for Uni and in general that I find beneficial.

As for new vs using this thread... personally, I'm lazy. It's easier for me to find and follow one thread but I'll end up bookmarking however many you have (provide the new forums give me the option).
  • Options
    In Mimi's case it's a permanent move.
    Sweet 😁

I haven't had a sim in university for awhile but I recall how painfully long doing homework takes and then sims would get tense. Since time is tied to research and debate skill but there's not really time to increase it while juggling other things as well. I'd suggest this if it becomes an issue:
    LMS homework tweaks - https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/mods/other-mods-homework-tweaks

I'm fine with using the same thread but I see also why more than one would be beneficial. I've no problem with either option
  • Options
    @luciusstorm @BlueSeaWaves Thank you both so much. 🙂

I think I made things confusing. This thread feels like it's done. It's moving to the new forum, but it feels more like nostalgia now. My real question is whether or not to make the new Tartosan Sun and the Uni years one story/one thread? Or two stories/two threads?
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, well, I'm the guy who is now on "Book 5" of Wyrd Tales... still all in one thread (at least for comment and update purposes). So, I think you can do it in one thread. The real question is, do you want to?
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, well, I'm the guy who is now on "Book 5" of Wyrd Tales... still all in one thread (at least for comment and update purposes). So, I think you can do it in one thread. The real question is, do you want to?

It's been helpful talking this out. I let the idea of the time jump after Uni convince me I needed to make this two separate stories. It should easy for me to explain that. Or, to sit down and alter the timeline of events leading up to their meeting. I've been trying to stick to the original chain of events.

Why? Why can't all the characters be in the story and still get together? They still meet and fall in love, it just happens differently. This is a reboot. I've been treating it like a retelling instead.

Thank you for helping me view this from a different perspective. ❤️
  • Options
    Oh lol my bad, yeah one story/one thread sounds good for the flow of things
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,847 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Do what's easiest for you. I plan on writing up the Pre-History for my Cantrell Clan, eventually, I may get back to the adult Erik. But this is some ways, is a necessary part of his story, to know how he came to be that Unstoppable Force. And I just realized, that while I saved his family to My Library, that's in a different Tray, than the new one I'm using now. :open_mouth: I have to go back and grab Kayleigh! Unless I get really creative and fashion a new love for him . . . Who knows, it's up in the air. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @luciusstorm @BlueSeaWaves Thank you both so much. 🙂

I think I made things confusing. This thread feels like it's done. It's moving to the new forum, but it feels more like nostalgia now. My real question is whether or not to make the new Tartosan Sun and the Uni years one story/one thread? Or two stories/two threads?

I think when you get it written up, you'll know how many threads it's going to take.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 @luciusstorm I just had a wild thought. What if we created a secondary thread for the comments? A person would have to address the author, noting the page number (And/or title) and then give a response. I believe it's the responses that got away from us, despite how some of us attempted to put all the responses in one post. Just a thought. I know, every now and again I get them. Thoughts, that is. ;)
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 380 Member
    @DaniRose2143 my suggestion is two threads this thread that is migrating over to the new forum and then another for the reboot
    I don't see why you can't have the reboot all on one post Uni first and then the reboot part just make sure you make a not which thread is the migrated old UtTS and which one is the reboot of UtTS that way you don't post in the wrong thread
    But do what makes it easy for you
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,127 Member
    What if we created a secondary thread for the comments? A person would have to address the author, noting the page number (And/or title) and then give a response.

I'm sorry but this sounds more like work. I comment, when I comment because I want to. But if it comes to chores, needing to note page numbers and posts in all different thread, I just keep leaving awesomes. :) Not that I leave long comments anyway, tho :)

Just my two pennies.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I think @DaniRose2143 and @luciusstorm have the right idea. And @Ellupelluellu when she was doing her story. A brief synopsis in the What Happened thread, along with a pic, and then a link to the story thread.

That way all responses to a particular story are in that author's story thread.

Also makes it easy to keep up with updates.
  • Options
    edited May 5
    @GalacticGal It's tempting to set up a second thread for comments. But then you have twice as many threads. Then threads start getting buried. There's no perfect solution. What I try to do is take my time and get my thoughts together. I may wait a couple of hours, or even a whole day. Then comment. That way I reduce the need to comment more than once.
  • Options
    It's also more forum friendly to include comments in one post. Instead of responding individually to each poster.
  • Options
    It's also more forum friendly to include comments in one post. Instead of responding individually to each poster.

Like in WHIGY I try to let three or four updates pile up then comment. As a writer I'm trying to do the same when replying to readers. It's still a learning process. I noticed these things when I started copying this story over to AHQ. That's when it hit me. There's spots where there's two full pages between chapters.
  • Options
    This is a good debate. I love comments and feedback from readers. I'll never discourage it. It's up to each of us to be considerate. To realize the more comments we make the more the story itself gets buried.

Right now in this thread it doesn't matter. The story contained here is done. And everything we're saying now disappears in July anyway. Just something to keep in mind when we start up the new forum. 🙂
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,127 Member
    To realize the more comments we make the more the story itself gets buried.

I got great advice to post index with links to all chapters in mine. In first post. I highly recommend that :)

Only takes little time to make if start from beginning :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited May 5
    To realize the more comments we make the more the story itself gets buried.

I got great advice to post index with links to all chapters in mine. In first post. I highly recommend that :)

Only takes little time to make if start from beginning :)

Great advice. I plan to have a linked table of contents for the new story. 🙂
  • Options
    I agree with @Ellupelluellu it's a neat idea but like that feels like it'll become a chore. The way @simgirl1010 summarized it with a picture and link in the WHIYGT sounds good too.
    Glad to hear there'll be a table of content
  • Options
    @GalacticGal It's tempting to set up a second thread for comments. But then you have twice as many threads. Then threads start getting buried. There's no perfect solution. What I try to do is take my time and get my thoughts together. I may wait a couple of hours, or even a whole day. Then comment. That way I reduce the need to comment more than once.

I was just thinking that part of the reason the thread goes by so quickly is the responses that are generated. Updates are the ones that get buried, in my observation. I did say it was a wild thought. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top