The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wyrd Tales (updated Jun 7, '24)

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,175 Member
    @luciusstorm Ooh. Surprises.
    I love how you wrote the anguish Cas was feeling over Gwen. You did a great job of showing the despair in the aftermath of the fight. So often in those moments we fear the worst for no good reason. We all knew they would reconcile but there was still uncertainty. Scrolling down and suddenly seeing Vlad was a big surprise. 😲
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,734 Member
    @DaniRose2143, well I need to throw in a few surprises now and then :)
    As I sat down to write this chapter, I realized I needed that anguish. Cas goes from joy over her newfound magic, to pain and fear over Gwen and back to joy (and still a little uncertainty) when they reconcile. That rollercoaster of emotion is a big part of being a teen. :)

I did enjoy having Vlad show up... and offer Bella parenting advice. :D I mean... really? Really? :lol:
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    OK, I'm just going to put this thought out here...
    There's a little detail in the latest chapter that I'm surprised (and a little disappointed in myself) that no one commented on. Maybe I was too subtle, or maybe it just wasn't impactful. Sometimes I get these little bits right and sometimes I miss. B)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,237 Member
    Im blind.
    There was one part I wondered why in text there was Gwen, not Vicky who I thought there would be.

But that is just my own confusion, I tried to look pics extra carefully, but I'm blind :D Sorry.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu, clearly, I was being too subtle...
    It's a tiny piece of dialogue during Gwen and Cas's reconciliation... to me it leaps off the page, but obviously it's so small that it is easy to miss. No doubt especially easy to miss for a non-native English speaker, like yourself. Either that or it's so obvious that no one felt it worthy of comment. :)

I probably need to remember to be a little more obvious in my subtle hints in future. :)
  • Options
    I missed it too. 🙂
  • Options
    I missed it too. 🙂

I hang my head in shame. :)
  • Options
    I am really trying , and now I'm semi-annoyed I don't still get it :smiley: I even re-read the part at bench where the raven told it's message :p To see if I missed something in there :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 25
    @Ellupelluellu, as entertaining as torturing you might be... the passage in question is quoted in the spoiler below. Look for what isn't quite said (reading it aloud might help) ...
    "Yes," I smiled back. "It's... Gwen, it's amazing. I want to tell you everything!"

"OK, I... oh no, the bus!" Gwen jumped suddenly. "Cas, I have to go. Lilian is waiting for me. She's taking me down to the City for a couple of days, to see the big gallery there. I'll be back for Carmilla's sleep over. I'll see you there. Tell me everything then. I l... uh... I'll see you there."

"Oh... Ok," I said. "I... I'll see you there... I guess."

Also remember, for all the magic and monsters, this is the story of Gwen and Cas getting together.
  • Options
    OOOoooh......
    Maybe now....
    "I l... I'll see you there. " ??? the first part of it???????
    And yes, I admit, I needed that reminder :D
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu, yup, that's the one.
  • Options
    Had a very good writing session today. I've done up drafts of chapters 18 - 20 now. I was honestly getting a little worried, as my backlog had dwindled substantially, but once I got going I felt good about it.

Second Interlude, Part 1 should go up tomorrow morning (touch wood).
  • Options
    Second Interlude, Part 1
    cV5X5f9.png

"Just don't mention her," Bella said firmly.
    Another departure from our main story, to see things from Bella's point of view.
  • Options
    okkay... B)B)
    As Bella-fan I am very interested about what happens next... Björn you slick thing, you somehow manage to greep me out :p (Im not his fan, lol) , but he fits in great!

I really know this is story of Cassie and Gwen, but this part of it is so exciting!!!

I want to know what she knows... I have a feeling that's a lot.

Awesome chapter!
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu, thank you :)
    I am very interested to see what you think of next week's update... we're going to learn more about Bella and the mysterious Dr. Key.

It looks like Bjorn and Bella have an interesting dynamic. B)

Bella's story is part of Cas's story. Coming of Age stories usually either ignore the parents or have the parent as an adversary... because teens usually ignore their parents or consider them adversaries. :) That's how certainly how Cas see's Bella... the overprotective, domineering stepmother. However, when we see things from Bella's perspective, we discover there are very real dangers she is trying to protect Cas and Gwen from. Even Present Day Cassie still doesn't realize that it wasn't fate or luck that kept Vlad from discovering Gwen... it was an active, difficult and dangerous effort on Bella's part! B)

Bella knows far more than Cassie gives her credit for. :)

More to come.
  • Options
    adding..
    Oh yes I meant to say about that, I liked how she did protect both girls (but then again, if she is a villain I would most likely like her the most still, but then I hope she is good in deep down. I suppose it tells a lot that Darth Vader was my fav Star Wars character , loved the endings in Return of the Jedi:D )

More to come.

I literally can't wait :)
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    Well, Darth Vader is the best character in Star Wars. B)

I always struggle with wanting to immediately post the next chapter... but staying on schedule helps me.
  • Options
    @luciusstorm Ooh, a layer cake for brunch.
    It may be because of Bjorn's recently leering at Danielle in my story. I'm finding him increasingly revolting. This isn't helping. 😛
    You might be a genetically enhanced

You have my attention. 🤔
    The only time he stops watching my --- is to look at my ----.

Felix is no better than Bjorn. Putting aside the sexist behavior 🤬, he can't be trusted. He's easily distracted when he should be looking out for Bella. I have a feeling this is going to play out soon.

I always root for the good guy, but I enjoy a good villain. Your villains are some of the absolute best. I love a flawed hero personally. Someone like Bella who lives in that moral gray area. Not entirely bad, but not entirely good either.🙂
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, hope you enjoyed it :)
    Bella is an attractive woman surrounded by men who wanted to be James Bond when they grew up. James Bond is rotten role-model. Even with Director Bridges backing her up, she still has to deal with those men... and, as with some women I know, she deals with it by beating them at their own game.

Bella enhanced... I thought that might get someone's attention. We'll learn more about that.

Thank you... like I said to @Ellupelluellu, Darth Vader is the best character in Star Wars. :) I believe a good story needs a great villain.

Flawed hero is, I think, a good description for Bella. She's a spy. Spies operate in morally grey areas at the best of times.

From College Years:
    She'd done her bit for God and Country. Given sweat and blood, betrayed her friends, sacrificed her integrity, maybe her soul, because that's what the Agency required. That was the price to be paid, so good people could live in peace.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,571 Member
    Things is getting more interesting
    Viking and Rose Red are awesome code words. Viking is fitting for Bjorn. Lmao that exchange between them.
    “You might be a genetically enhanced, but you aren't immortal.”
    What 😮
    Hope the bait works, but we'll have to wait and see 😁
    Also probably irrelevant but who was the swallow after Bjorn?💀
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves, thank you
    I had fun thinking up code names for them. Bella and Bjorn definitely have the "inappropriate workplace banter" down. :)

Enhanced? What? Yeah, we'll be going that in future Interludes.

I will confess to a little literary legerdemain here. I can vague and fill in the answers later as I think of them. B) Who is the "other side" for the Agency?
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 387 Member
    edited May 2
    @luciusstorm finally caught up and love the flashback and learning more about Bella, Cas and Gwen
    Ari as in Gwen's mother
    Genetically enhanced first thing that popped in my head was ok Bella was kidnapped by aliens they did something to her before leaving her where they kidnapped her
    No matter what Bella has done so far that we know of she is a hero doing her best for those she loved, loves and their children
    Let's just hope Bjorn and Felix can keep Bella and her love ones safe yes Including Gwen and their friends here
    Let's hope Vlad and the other bloodsuckers learn nothing about Cas and Gwen til much later. Don't want to Cas and Gwen always have to look over their shoulder for them they already have so much to worry about coming up without Vlad and his crew
    Wait this "I l.." wasn't a spelling error but a hint smacks head
  • Options
    @ZazzyKittyn, glad you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying writing it.
    Very interesting theory about Bella's enhancements. More to come, soon... B)

Bella is a hero... just one who has to do shady things for the sake of those she cares about. We'll see how much Bjorn and Felix are able to help.

Indeed... hint, not typo. :) Cas isn't the only one figuring out her feelings.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,571 Member
    Enhanced? What? Yeah, we'll be going that in future Interludes.
    Ooo this is gonna be fun 😁
  • Options
    Second Interlude, Part 2
    VCeuH9G.png

"Doctor Key, I'm Detective John Willis," the detective said. "It's an honor to meet you, sir."
    Learn about the mysterious Dr. Key and Bella's origins.