Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite Sim holiday?

(Personally, I love Winterfest ☃️)

What's your favorite Sim holiday? 65 votes

Harvestfest
13%
simgirl1010friendlysimmersashcrash19DoloresGreyMDianaSimsKimmerReaganboganKatofhyrule12MomsBusy 9 votes
Lottery Day
3%
crocobauraLarrikateven 2 votes
Love Day
1%
lanlyn 1 vote
New Skill Day
9%
CK213OolonglongSerendipity38DaraviPerti23skip 6 votes
New Year’s Eve
6%
MiataPlaymusteniamber_ilumireHermioneSims 4 votes
TV Season Premier
1%
Simmingal 1 vote
Winterfest
49%
BluegayleGalacticGalbandit5rudolphaColorist40lisamwittTheSpotted_CelanorbretonAnmirlakerryemmiebethMariefoxprice83freindlylolcchant86SavorySagemonjr8302LustianiciaFreddyFox1234LyrieEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57 32 votes
(Fill in your own favorite)
15%
alanmichael1SimplyJenLiELFHopeyStarrAtreya33DaWaterRatAdmiral8QmightyspriteEleriCaerfinon 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My self-made Easter holiday with egg searching, baking and gardening.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,960 Member
    Winterfest
    And my own Winterfest Eve day before
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 726 Member
    Harvestfest
    Harvestfest: the seeds from the gnomes. I usually start my saves in the fall just to get the seeds sooner.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited April 11
    TV Season Premier
    I like the fests and days but sometimes I just don't feel that festive when those show up or its wrong household

so small stuff like tv season premier tends to surprise me more pleasantly as its more everyday everysim activity and does not need decorations
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited April 11
    Winterfest
    And my own Winterfest Eve day before

Ditto :)

Though I do also like Talk Like A Pirate Day, it amuses me to hear their pirate voices :D
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 512 Member
    Winterfest
    Christmas is my favourite holiday irl so I think that’s probably why I enjoy Winterfest the most.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    Winterfest
    Christmas is my favourite holiday irl so I think that’s probably why I enjoy Winterfest the most.

Same.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Fright Fest (halloween) - I just wish that I didn't need a mod to have the costumes from the spooky stuff pack count for Wear Costumes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    Lottery Day
    I like all of them I just wish I could easily skip some of them sometimes or choose who celebrates what. Deleting them is not an option because then I have to add them back in for my other sims. Lottery day is one of those celebrations that anyone can participate in unless they have no money. But why would a single and loving it sim be sad that they didn't celebrate love day?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    edited April 11
    TV Season Premier
    crocobaura wrote: »
    ... But why would a single and loving it sim be sad that they didn't celebrate love day?
    ^ this.

and also this
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Fright Fest (halloween) - I just wish that I didn't need a mod to have the costumes from the spooky stuff pack count for Wear Costumes.
    it pains me so much how we have so many costumes that do not work with the tradition
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,046 Member
    It depends on the sim I'm playing at the time, but usually Winterfest. In my game the sims have a longer holiday from Winter's Eve to New Years Day. In total they're off from work four days. I also like summer holidays. I give them a bit more than a week off at summers.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    Winterfest
    Christmas has always been my favorite, so of course my sims must celebrate Winterfest. <3B)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Winterfest
    Winterfest (frequently renamed to Christmas Day in my saves) and Lottery Day, though I've only ever won with sims who I didn't particularly need to win with.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    Winterfest
    I call it by its RL name in my game, but I still keep with the game's traditions, with the EXCEPTION of the Gnomes. Those annoying cousins of Trolls no longer harass my Sims. Before I learned to just edit them out, I used to place them in a personal inventory, and from there sell the little beasties. LOL Does that make me bad? Sure, gives me peace of mind, just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    I love Halloween and some of my custom holidays. I have my own version of Dia de los Muertos, a Werewolf bbq, bonfire and brawl day, and a storytelling candlelight holiday with spirits.

I wish more options would get added to the holidays as well as a way for a Sim to "opt out" of a holiday so it doesn't upset them if they don't take part, or it doesn't apply to them.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Spooky Day 🎃
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    Harvestfest
    I love getting free seeds from the gnomes, especially if I've started to play when it's autumn season and my Sim(s) are still struggling with money.
  • Options
    Jane22Jane22 Posts: 10 New Member
    Winterfest
    Winterfest, although I delete the gnomes sometimes 😆
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Winterfest
    I chose Winterfest, but Harvestfest was a very close second; love both of them
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,918 Member
    I can't help it, I still love Talk Like a Pirate Day XD
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    Winterfest
    Definitely and with all the trimmings but it was a tight race with Spooky Day that comes with a bonfire night as well. However with all the littles in my life now every holiday is special in real life so my sims get the special days as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Winterfest
    I call Winterfest Christmas in my game. It’s my favorite in the game and since I play rotationally and pick which family I feel like playing, I usually pick a family with children. The Christmas holidays last 3 days for me They will put up a tree, bake goodies, invite friends or family over, give and receive gifts, have a Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner, open packages from Santa, talk to Santa etc. Christmas Eve they usually invite others over, and Santa visits on Christmas Day I think.

My second favorite is Thanksgiving ( harvest fest ). I usually pick a family and either invite family or friends over.

Easter is my third favorite. I usually pick families with toddlers or children for this one.

My fourth favorite is Halloween. The family I pick will usually have a a Halloween party. I wish we could actually take children to trick or treat, rather than having other children come over to trick or treat.

Valentine’s Day I usually have a couple go out. New Years Eve is the same.

My sims also celebrate the 4th of July ( invite people over for BBQ, and fireworks ), and TV season premier, those are very informal,
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,438 Member
    I have 3 favourites but in general I like the combination of all the holidays.

I really like winterfest and flowerbunny day, or Christmas and Easter if you will. Winterfest is nice and cozy family time and an opportunity to invite the relatives. Flowerbunny day is just a cute activity for my Sims. They (and I) like to go collect eggs.

I also enjoy the TV premiere. I have a cinema in my game and my Sims mostly go to the cinema to watch the premiere so it's a nice day out for them.

I edited a few holidays to be more to my liking. Sims no longer have to go on a date on love day and I got rid of the gnome tradition. So a lot of the holidays no longer match the maxis ones. I just wish I could permanently disable the one with the neighbourhood fight.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited April 20
    Talk like a Pirate Day! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQhle2LfpsA
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RubyMistRubyMist Posts: 15 Member
    Harvestfest and my own one that's pretty much a "do nothing" day.