The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

1323334353638...Next

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,531 Member
    edited January 28
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Initially when the pack dropped, I was building for weeks. Then I was in CAS creating Sims for the world for some time. On Monday, January 22, 2024, I started to look around my game and noticed that complete households were gone and several Unplayed Households were also completely gone. And there was no way they just died because I play with death off. For several placed families to be wiped out of the game along with many NPC that have key roles like both teachers from High School Years, several professors from University, stars from Get Famous, the mayor and her son from Cottage Living, I knew something was wrong. The For Rent residential rental lot caused problems with regular lots that I never even touched.

For Rent affected NPCs for some reason. I noticed in my game that it was missing bartenders and lounge entertainers. I didn't play long with it to see if other type of NPCs were missing. Someone on the forum said it was a known bug due to the game options being set to opt sims out of fame. I haven't tried to change the settings yet and see if they generate back, but this is so annoying not having NPCs as it renders all community lots useless.

This is actually a Get Famous bug and you don't need For Rent to have the bug. Thunder1143 has a mod bugfix for it. Changing the option DOES work, and you can change it back after arriving on the lot and the NPCs being generated.

Thank you very much for mentioning that mod to fix the npc. Constantly changing the fame option is annoying but I don't want to leave it on permanently. Without the option to turn off fame I would never have bought get famous. I will add this mod fix to my game.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hopefully they will figure out the many issues in For Rent sooner rather than later.

On the positive side, I was able to chat with EA support to get For Rent disabled. So now it is as if it was never in my game. Whenever a pack is disabled, one should uninstall the game then delete the EA folder before re-installing the game. Having my back-up save file before the release of For Rent has truly proved to be invaluable.

In case some do not know this, you have to chat with EA support to re-activate a disabled pack.

Back to my Ranch.

Sounds like you actually un installed for rent rather than disable it temporarily with advanced launch options, the way most simmers disable packs disable packs
    it is nice EA support was able to help you but a real shame it has to come to this. I hope you can enjoy your game again.

I did not use the method of disabling within the advanced launch options because I wanted it completely out of my game since it ruined that particular save file. The EA tech support explained to me that when it is done by them, it is uninstalled from one's game. On the EA app, it shows that I do not even own it when in reality I still do own it. Yet, I can get it back by chatting with EA support to have them place it back as an owned pack.

I've always purchased packs that interest me during the week they released because I've never had anything that ruined a save; so, this is a first for me. However, having my old back-up save prior to installing For Rent saved me. So yes, I can actually enjoy my game again. :)

I hope you saved the email receipt. You may not get the same EA tech person when you want to enable the pack again. I've had EA tech support tell me without the email receipt that they can't help me when I've called back and got a different person.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    I released some minor bugfix mods for For Rent, and thought I'd share them here as someone said they'd appreciate to hear about bug fixing efforts in the positive feedback thread.

noautonomousbakewhitecake
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=4
    Tenants will stop baking white cakes in a row.

traitoverhaul
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=6
    traitoverhaul_childofthesea fixes the constant bad moodlets for Sims with that cultural trait
    traitoverhaul_nosy fixes Sims spying with their binoculars directly in your Sim's face.

releaseskylaternforeveryone
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=36
    Unlocks the release sky latern interaction for all Sims. (This one admittedly is obviously intentional coding, so not technically a bug fix.)

nopropertyownerevents
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=36
    Hotfix for the toggle to disable rental Events only working for tenant events atm, Not for properly owner events.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,341 Member
    Thanks @83bienchen I'll make a note to remember those when the bugs are fixed. :)
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited January 28
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Hopefully they will figure out the many issues in For Rent sooner rather than later.

On the positive side, I was able to chat with EA support to get For Rent disabled. So now it is as if it was never in my game. Whenever a pack is disabled, one should uninstall the game then delete the EA folder before re-installing the game. Having my back-up save file before the release of For Rent has truly proved to be invaluable.

In case some do not know this, you have to chat with EA support to re-activate a disabled pack.

Back to my Ranch.

Sounds like you actually un installed for rent rather than disable it temporarily with advanced launch options, the way most simmers disable packs disable packs
    it is nice EA support was able to help you but a real shame it has to come to this. I hope you can enjoy your game again.

I did not use the method of disabling within the advanced launch options because I wanted it completely out of my game since it ruined that particular save file. The EA tech support explained to me that when it is done by them, it is uninstalled from one's game. On the EA app, it shows that I do not even own it when in reality I still do own it. Yet, I can get it back by chatting with EA support to have them place it back as an owned pack.

I've always purchased packs that interest me during the week they released because I've never had anything that ruined a save; so, this is a first for me. However, having my old back-up save prior to installing For Rent saved me. So yes, I can actually enjoy my game again. :)

I hope you saved the email receipt. You may not get the same EA tech person when you want to enable the pack again. I've had EA tech support tell me without the email receipt that they can't help me when I've called back and got a different person.

Every purchase I've made was either done on Origin or the EA app; so, it is all saved digitally. This is why I make all my purchases on their application. So, I'm not worried because I can see every purchase I've made when I look at My Account Order History. Plus, they can also see it and I've never had to give them my Order number.

You never chat online with the same person or when an EA representative is answering one's emails. When one has an issue and you go online, you are assigned a Case Number. To-date, I've never experienced any issues with EA support in this regard.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Sorting through the junk mail.

GiMsA0H.png

Coupon jackpot! 75% off things purchased on the computer.

aUcxVHK.png
  • Options
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member

My sim cast repairio on the water heater. It fixed it but also set it on fire. Which was funny because my sim couldn't put out the fire, so the firemen had to put it out.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member

I do like that they point out that if you want to add Child of the Village trait, you'll have to type in trait_ChildoftheSEA instead. I don't know why is it codenamed so, as Child of the Ocean trait in Island Living is codenamed as trait_ChildoftheOcean and the Tomarang is mostly codenamed as ep15world. Anyway, it's great that they put it out like so.

However, two reward traits are missing there. These come from the secrets system after your sim has kept secrets/blackmailed too much. These are:
    Safe Keeper: trait_Snooping_SafeKeeper
    Snooping Menace: trait_Snooping_Menace
    I've brought out the traits in the hidden traits thread too.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification @EgonVM. 👍🏼
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,617 Member
    @crocobaura you can individually opt a sim out of the chance of fame, that is what I am doing at the moment for each one I play. It's a pain if you play a lot of sims but better than having no NPCs.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,542 Member
    @crocobaura you can individually opt a sim out of the chance of fame, that is what I am doing at the moment for each one I play. It's a pain if you play a lot of sims but better than having no NPCs.

I prefer to opt them into fame, not out of it. My sims are regular folks, and I want to keep them that way. This way celebrities are more fun to have around and play with.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,617 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I prefer to opt them into fame, not out of it. My sims are regular folks, and I want to keep them that way. This way celebrities are more fun to have around and play with.
    Yeah, me too. But I guess I have to put up with doing it this way until they fix the situation.

@simgirl1010 I've never seen that coupon thing, is that quite rare? I don't usually get anything when I look through the junk mail.
  • Options
    edited February 26
    @elanorbreton, I think so. I've only gotten it a couple of times. Two different household members.

ETA: You can use it to purchase items from the computer.