Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update Issue! Anyone Else? Sims Team?

VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
OK. I open EA Play to start my game and it says update required so I click "update" It updates for about two seconds and quits with an error message every time. I even tried restarting my computer and I still get the same error. I don't know if this is on my end or if there is something wrong with the new update. I decided to run the repair in EA Play and it is stuck there. Even after restarting my computer, it still says EA Play is repairing.

Is this on my computer or are other people experiencing this issue too?
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimsMaidenTwitchSimsMaidenTwitch Posts: 2 New Member
    I am having this issue as well.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I am having this issue as well.

I'm sorry you're having issues too but kind of relieved that it most likely is not my computer.

ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    julietbouwpakketjulietbouwpakket Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. Can't update
  • Options
    BootiesrusBootiesrus Posts: 11 New Member
    same :(
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Same issue, I uninstalled the game hoping it would fix it, but now it won't let me download it.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    I'm having the exact same issue.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I just tried to start my game and had the same problem. It showed that an update was needed, but when clicked to update I got a notice that "an error occurred". Odd thing is I can't find anything online about an update. finally have some time to play but can't get into the game. Very frustrating!
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    There are a lot of simmers on the EA bug site having the same problem. Someone from EA did respond saying aware of the issue and working on it. Apparently still a problem if try offline. Guess just need to wait and see what happens and try again on and off through day. Ugh. Was looking forward to playing.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    Yea, just what you want when you try to open your game - hopefully it gets fixed soon because this is annoying. Said it before and I will say it again - I really miss Origin.
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    Can't get my game to update.

bears.gif
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2023
    OK. I open EA Play to start my game and it says update required so I click "update" It updates for about two seconds and quits with an error message every time. I even tried restarting my computer and I still get the same error. I don't know if this is on my end or if there is something wrong with the new update. I decided to run the repair in EA Play and it is stuck there. Even after restarting my computer, it still says EA Play is repairing.

Is this on my computer or are other people experiencing this issue too?

Same here. I got to the EA Home page with my games library and seen the Update icon for Sims 4. Went to update but it doesn't seem to register that I have done it. I tried repairing and it doesn't seem to help.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    edited August 2023
    Yea, just what you want when you try to open your game - hopefully it gets fixed soon because this is annoying. Said it before and I will say it again - I really miss Origin.

The ironic thing is that my game just got interesting and then EA does this. It's like watching a season of a tv show that ends on a cliffhanger.. with three months until the next season premiere...
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    @EA_Cade has now commented in another thread that the issue has been resolved. I haven't tried it yet but let's hope that it is working properly now.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Moving this out of the other forum and closing it. This issue should be resolved now but we're seeing some reports of players stuck at an "Update Required" message after the fix went live about 30 minutes ago.

Please try clearing the EA app cache and let me know on AHQ here if that doesn't resolve the issue.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top