Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5: What sort of multiplayer game play would you most like

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 125 Member
    Includes on offline component and an optional, limited multiplayer component.
    Split Screen is the way to go, it worked out fine for Bustin Out on the PS2 and you don't have to buy an extra console or an extra game to play, plus I hate playing with randos.
  • Options
    > @Guthraiel said:
    > oh so many kids would end up traumatised lmao

Yep and that's if they weren't traumatized already, this is literally the game franchise where Woohooing Sims is their main selling point.
  • Options
    > @Occultmaster said:
    > this is literally the game franchise where Woohooing Sims is their main selling point.

Like have you seen the mods?
  • Options
    OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    I like the idea of a multiplayer, after the lockdown times, I realized how much I missed to play the game I love with other people. But I want to keep solo play, because multiplayer probably comes with some limits and of course you need an online connection.

But most importantly & I can't say this enough,EA needs to develop the multiplayer aspect VERY CAREFULLY, because there's many vulnerable individuals (kids) in our community. We all know this community has some dark sides and it's important that people can select other people they play with, so people aren't exposed to creeps and perverts without any protection. It doesn't just go for kids - they are just the most vulnerable. There's other groups at stake too, think of LGBTQ+, POC any group that is currently facing discrimination.

If online is anything where everyone can interact with each other, then the game will need some form of moderation. Imagine you enter a free interaction mode and trolls, creeps will bomb you with flirt or mean attacks, or send you nasty messages via a chat. It's why I never ventured in other multiplayer game without people I know. It was just not a fun experience.

So I really do hope EA considers those implications and thinks well about how to ensure our community is being kept save.
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • Options
    > @OkayLazySim said:
    > I like the idea of a multiplayer, after the lockdown times, I realized how much I missed to play the game I love with other people. But I want to keep solo play, because multiplayer probably comes with some limits and of course you need an online connection.
    >
    > But most importantly & I can't say this enough,EA needs to develop the multiplayer aspect VERY CAREFULLY, because there's many vulnerable individuals (kids) in our community. We all know this community has some dark sides and it's important that people can select other people they play with, so people aren't exposed to creeps and perverts without any protection. It doesn't just go for kids - they are just the most vulnerable. There's other groups at stake too, think of LGBTQ+, POC any group that is currently facing discrimination.
    >
    > If online is anything where everyone can interact with each other, then the game will need some form of moderation. Imagine you enter a free interaction mode and trolls, creeps will bomb you with flirt or mean attacks, or send you nasty messages via a chat. It's why I never ventured in other multiplayer game without people I know. It was just not a fun experience.
    >
    > So I really do hope EA considers those implications and thinks well about how to ensure our community is being kept save.

It also depends on playstyle, I love playing with Occults, Murdering townies and woohooing hot townies, I can't really do any of that if I'm playing with a Legacy Simmer or if someone doing the 100 baby challenge or if the other person prefers realism gameplay.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Fully multiplayer, but limited to people in a group that you have to mutually approve.
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    Or by government action. Online multiplayer opens up so many issues that there are no guarantees of avoiding or blocking, too many holes for the 'bad guys' to exploit and EA be liable for. Keep it safe and simple by keeping it single.

The multiplayer mode is not mmo.Its just going to be you inviting friends to the game.I think this will be less issue.Since you can only invite people you want?

But how would you invite them to join your game. Most likely you'd be either adding a player to a friends list by their EA user ID, or be plugging a numeric code into a search bar. A numeric code your "Friends" share with you. You'd use internet chat rooms and such to get these names or codes. I suppose it is an excuse if the initial contact was not made on an EA server, legal department would like that very much. I still don't like it.

You will probably only be able to invite those players that you have added to your EA App / Steam friends list to play with you.

tenor.gif