Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we talk about the very extremely annoying pee walk!

ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
edited May 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hello, so yeah who at Maxis thought this was the best ever idea to introduce this stupid pee walk that makes it take FOREVER for Sims to walk to the destination they are supposed to arrive at or whatever you command them to do? Everything takes forever and the game keeps lagging even harder. Please consider removing this super childish pee walk, Maxis! I have only ONE Sim and she has a farm on a tiny living lot and she is also studying at university, and I keep downloading the moodlet solver potions from Gallery, I do not care if anyone calls that cheating, but for me it is NOT, as this is unacceptable and very annoying that my Sim cannot do anything. Please please PLEASE do something about this annoying idle animation @EA_Cade :(

Comments

• Options
    Also no one will complain about this as always, Simmers do not care if they have to use mods to fix such serious game breaking issues such as this, the pee walk has caused way too many issues for me since 2014, also I literally saw NO ONE walking that way if they have to go to the bathroom smh...running animation would make a billion times more sense than slow walk....fix this Maxis!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much to whoever moved this to Feedback section, where it belongs <3
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In TS2, sims in urgent need of the loo run there, not waddle.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The Sim Team hardly ever reverses a decision they made, so a mod will remain your only choice, not the worst one given that this is a tiny mod that hardly ever needs an update. Btw, the pee walk is not an idle animation, but a walkstyle override.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The Sim Team hardly ever reverses a decision they made, so a mod will remain your only choice, not the worst one given that this is a tiny mod that hardly ever needs an update. Btw, the pee walk is not an idle animation, but a walkstyle override.
    Oh sorry my bad, but yea no this is not acceptable, I hope other Simmers agree with me that it's time for the lame animation to go...it makes the game seem like a kindergarten game for 6 year olds.
  • Options

They better NOT include this ridiculously childlish animation in Project Rene or I will riot.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    It's not that I don't agree with you, I mean I modded it out myself for a reason years ago.

I just sometimes feel that they're so out of touch with what actually makes a Sims game engaging and fun.

Another example is the wants and fears update that came with completely overpowered and thus meaningless fears plus the inability to smash whims that were broken or unfitting.

Infants are great, but they do come with restraints, too, because the game tries to keep them happy by intervening with the player's control.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    You are supposed to send them to the bathroom before they need to pee walk. If you think about sending them to the bathroom only when they get to the pee walk stage, then you have left it for too late.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited May 2023
    I suggest putting your Sim on a schedule so these things are taken care of before they become critical. What adds the gaming element to the Sims is failure states. You have to take care of the needs or the game "punishes" you. That pee walk is part of the "punishment", losing bladder control is next, then your Sim is embarrassed, may have a bad memory, etc.

I think it's a problem only if you don't play it as a time management game. Which is totally fine! I don't either. But that is the way the game was designed, and one purpose of mods to change the game design. Keep in mind some people want these game elements there. So you either have to mod the game or take care of the needs on a schedule. For example, try sending your Sim to pee when they first wake up. If they come home and the green is getting low, send them again. I never see the pee walk, and I have some households with 7 or 8 Sims.

Edited to say: You can also "cheat" the needs up in various ways. Like you're already doing. Using cheats is not cheating if you have more fun that way. I have UI Cheats installed. I try not to use it for needs, but sometimes you do get tired of constantly having Sims in the bathroom.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You are supposed to send them to the bathroom before they need to pee walk. If you think about sending them to the bathroom only when they get to the pee walk stage, then you have left it for too late.

Ok but is that supposed to be an excuse for the slow pee walk animation or what?
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I suggest putting your Sim on a schedule so these things are taken care of before they become critical. What adds the gaming element to the Sims is failure states. You have to take care of the needs or the game "punishes" you. That pee walk is part of the "punishment", losing bladder control is next, then your Sim is embarrassed, may have a bad memory, etc.

I think it's a problem only if you don't play it as a time management game. Which is totally fine! I don't either. But that is the way the game was designed, and one purpose of mods to change the game design. Keep in mind some people want these game elements there. So you either have to mod the game or take care of the needs on a schedule. For example, try sending your Sim to pee when they first wake up. If they come home and the green is getting low, send them again. I never see the pee walk, and I have some households with 7 or 8 Sims.

Edited to say: You can also "cheat" the needs up in various ways. Like you're already doing. Using cheats is not cheating if you have more fun that way. I have UI Cheats installed. I try not to use it for needs, but sometimes you do get tired of constantly having Sims in the bathroom.

Well for me it is NOT cheating if I have to use the Testingcheats true to make my household happy if my Sim has a big family with many infants and toddlers, as well as a farm to be taken care of, like cows, chickens, llamas, insects (Eco Living) and bees (Seasons), and garden too. :/
  • Options
    Sometimes I have to use the moodlet solver potion or testingcheats true if there is an ”emergency” kind of situation, such as infant/toddler needs are too low and the parents' need are also low.
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

Oh yess, I think I could try that (sending my Sim to the bathroom when they first wake up) or even getting the reward trait so that my Sims no longer need to pee :lol: would be much better as my Sims are often working and gardening, I usually love playing through the Aspirations myself as they are like mini games in-game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2023
    It's nine years later, I don't think they are going to remove the pee walk. At the risk of sounding sarcastic, Sims are supposed to be annoying.
    It's why we love to hate them. It's why we mod them. But it should have been reserved for particular traits. Would a genius hold their pee Maxis until they couldn't walk? This iteration has hardly made any sense since day one. Maybe if there was a line at a restaurant that took hours to get into the bathroom a Sim should walk that way or a little kid who is too busy playing to realize they need to go to the bathroom but not every single adult with different traits. It's going to be very hard OP to get Maxis to drop the bathroom humor. While we are on the subject of annoying things in The Sims, would someone who loves outdoors never go outdoors? and or spend all their time on the phone instead of enjoying the scene or nature? See, it's why we mod this game, because modders think logically. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I guess I'm the only one who likes the pee walk?😅😅 I always thought it was cute.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I guess I'm the only one who likes the pee walk?😅😅 I always thought it was cute.

I wouldn't say that I like it but I don't mind it. 😄 Thanks to UI Cheats I rarely see it.
  • Options
    roggekroggek Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2023
    Is it really a "pee walk"???
    For me it looks more that the sim in question are about to do "number two" in their pants...
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    roggek wrote: »
    Is it really a "pee walk"???
    For me it looks more that the sim in question are about to do "number two" in their pants...
    That walk could be for both in my opinion.

People in real life do walk like that when they have a bad urge to go pee either due to a dropped bladder or other health issues or during pregnancy when the baby is pushing on the bladder or even if the person is an elder.
    No, you're not the only one who likes it. The first time that I saw my sim doing that after waking up in the morning, I had to laugh as I thought it was too funny and too close to real life for some of us. And yes, I know some people who are going through that in real life may not find it funny as it could be quite embarrassing if they have an accident on their way to the bathroom... :blush:
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Would a genius hold their pee Maxis until they couldn't walk?

Many RL geniuses absolutely do, particularly while hyperfocused.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited May 2023
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

Ok but is that supposed to be an excuse for the slow pee walk animation or what?

Would you prefer it they skipped it altogether and they go straight to next stage and pee themselves? The slow walk gives you chance to save face. You already had your chance to run to the bathroom and didn't.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I don't mind that there is a pee walk but in reality people walk more quickly when they really have to go. I whish the sims team would have gone that route. When sims are out in the world, the pee walk is often the reason why they are too late.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    When I first started playing TS4 it was having a no running ever bug, and I thought it was because of that. Since then, I found a mod on Mod The Sims that replaces it with the Jog animation, and it has worked brilliantly.

It might be true for those at the very end of the red zone to slow down irl, but most people do run to the toilet when they got to go. This might have been cute the first few times, like I said I thought it was a glitch, so I wasn't laughing over it. I take that back, my family did create a "Walk like the Sims," Joke inspired by this, so there's that. It's incredibly not in EA's favor, though. Not that type of joke. :D
  • Options
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Oh sorry my bad, but yea no this is not acceptable, I hope other Simmers agree with me that it's time for the lame animation to go...it makes the game seem like a kindergarten game for 6 year olds.

It already is. T for toddler.
  • Options
    Ages ago someone called that walk the 'penguin waddle'. The only time that walk style is remotely appropriate is when sim is outside, on slippery ice, and needs to move carefully to prevent falling.
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I tend to turn off needs because it never fails that at least one sim in my household will get the water drinking bug if I leave needs on for too long. I guess that's one way to avoid the pee walk of shame.