Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglar rumor debunked

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well he didn't say anything was for sure
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I want to be the burglar >:)
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm glad, that makes more sense. I wish they could explain why they can't implement certain things more often.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Note that he doesn't say WHY they haven't been implemented. The reason may be that EA didn't want to do it for free.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have always loved the burglars. Love the fight's between them and law or the man of the house.

me to.
    the burglars,police and fireman were always part of every base game of the sims until 4 came along.

whats irratating is the comment about prioritizing them above other things :#

its a few NPCS for goodness sake. at this point in the game it feels like the only time we will see them is either in a pack like butlers or not at all.
    the base game is still as poor as ever.

the only extra things they did great for it was toddlers,careers and some roofs.

anybody truely enjoy the base game without packs?

anyway lol to confronting them :)

i remember you could fight them, the the police could. if they win the fight you get money to replace items stolen, however if the loose you get nothing back and the burglar gets away.

or you could fight them to.

i use to put alarms on outside walls so it would go off as soon as they enter your lot, they would just run away ever time.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    That's great.

Call me when they actually bother implementing them.

that could be a long time, the expansion pack bus never gets here :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Missimmerstood77Missimmerstood77 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the game is missing the key element of surprise and reality of burglars and firefighters...I'm so happy that seasons is finally coming why not burglars too? Please bring burglars back and I will gladly shut my mouth and eat pie(cherry).
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    They should bring burglars back. I don't understand why people would be triggered. My brother and I always laughed at it and then we were pretty darn annoyed if we didn't buy an alarm or have a brave sim on the lot. If we did have an alarm or a brave sim, the joke is on the burglar! Ha Ha.

As a side note, if I have the gnomes lot trait on, it makes a powerful and sudden tune in the middle of the night. Many times, I have mistaken that for a burglar tune.
  • Options
    They should bring burglars back. I don't understand why people would be triggered. My brother and I always laughed at it and then we were pretty darn annoyed if we didn't buy an alarm or have a brave sim on the lot. If we did have an alarm or a brave sim, the joke is on the burglar! Ha Ha.

As a side note, if I have the gnomes lot trait on, it makes a powerful and sudden tune in the middle of the night. Many times, I have mistaken that for a burglar tune.

@Anthonydyer
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I really wish they would bring them back. The burglars added an element of of surprise to the older games. They are the sort of unexpected, chaotic things that TS4 needs. Otherwise everything is too smooth and always goes to plan.
  • Options
    I really wish they would bring them back. The burglars added an element of of surprise to the older games. They are the sort of unexpected, chaotic things that TS4 needs. Otherwise everything is too smooth and always goes to plan.

I know what you mean
  • Options
    YannoliYannoli Posts: 48 Member
    I don’t see the hype over burglars. In my opinion they’re annoying :#
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited May 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What kind of fancy tech does it take to create burglars? Stealing? We already have the klepto trait that lets our sim steal things. Check! Breaking into sims houses? Vlad does that already. Check! Reimbursement? We have that with fire damage. Check! An alarm system? Fire alarm and sprinklers. Check!

So what fancy shamancy tech do they need that they don't have some version of already? It just needs to be put together correctly.
    100% agree. It sounds like a really lame excuse. There's literally everything in the game we need to get burglars.

I also find it weird that they have to prioritize things over basic things we've had since TS1. It also seems to be his favorite excuse nowadays - "We wanted to prioritize other things"

I'd rather they do prioritize better things, Burglars are something that (should) only happen occasionally at most, they add barely anything to gameplay or storytelling that a Sim with the Kleptomaniac Trait can't already do, plus it would likely make Simmers like me annoyed with them (mostly due to how often they robbed my Sims in TS3 and got away with really expensive items a few times).
    Not to mention they'd have to create Cop NPCs as well whose only purpose would pretty much be to stop Burglars, just like Firemen would only exist to extinguish occasional fires. I can see why the devs haven't already added them, they don't add allot for how much time and money it likely takes to implement them. Though I feel like having to add Cop cars and Firetrucks are a big reason why these NPCs haven't been added.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like a burglar profession. I want to dress up in black and break into sims houses using lock picks and skulk around looking for the expensive stuff to steel and taking it. With low skill, maybe my sim doesn't open the lock or breaks a window and awakens the household. Or gets caught and gets into a fight. Maybe with higher skills, you can "make friends" with the family pet to keep them quiet or are seen by a child. Maybe you sell the stuff at a yard sale pop-up in San Myshuno. There are so many possibilities to play as a burglar.
  • Options
    I would like a burglar profession. I want to dress up in black and break into sims houses using lock picks and skulk around looking for the expensive stuff to steel and taking it. With low skill, maybe my sim doesn't open the lock or breaks a window and awakens the household. Or gets caught and gets into a fight. Maybe with higher skills, you can "make friends" with the family pet to keep them quiet or are seen by a child. Maybe you sell the stuff at a yard sale pop-up in San Myshuno. There are so many possibilities to play as a burglar.

I would really like that @Dannydanbo I hope they do it :)>:)
  • Options
    SteveTheSimmerSteveTheSimmer Posts: 49 Member
    This is good news, gives me hope :)
  • Options
    TestingThisOut77TestingThisOut77 Posts: 79 Member
    The lack of burglars and firefighters is a HUGE let-down for me, personally... Burglars were always, like, a quick jumpscare for me at worst, and massively fun at best. XD Having my sims catch them was always a good way to start drama.
    Check out my stories "On Their Way" (An Alien Legacy) and "Confining Space" (An Original Story) at https://simsbroughtbypenguins.wordpress.com!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2018

I have wanted something like this ever since TS3 ambitions. I didn't understand why my criminal sim/kleptos couldn't break in like the private investigator could.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    If they did bring back any sort of burglar, I'd rather they went all out with it. Burglars/villains who can break in to do dastardly things, and superheroes who might arrive if the villain/burglar is poorly skilled/unlucky and you know. Chaos ensues, etc.

Like, just pump up burglars and police into Villains and Superheroes, make both a playable role/active career, and I'm sold.

Otherwise, with vampires already breaking in, to have another sim break into your house is just...too many sims breaking into my houses and slowing down the process of my sims sleeping through the night and just....I don't need to stop and wait for a burglar and a vampire to do their thing before I can finish the evening. I don't need that. It's repetitive and unnecessary.

Make it worth it, for me. Let all parties be involved in the process. Be the one to break in, or be the one to come to the rescue.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    I dunno... maybe they have something special in mind for burglars this time? Not just waking up in time but confronting them somehow? In Sims 3 your dogs could chase burglars. Maybe they didn't want to do it until C&D were already there and that's the 'tech' they're talking about? Plus of course a trait that applies to your Sim isn't the same as an NPC walking around taking your stuff.

Lot traits mean they might be working on a trait that has burglars more often and less often.

Plus of course Seasons is in the way right now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    While burglars would be fun for cop sims; what I really want is a real firefighter sim and firefighting careers to be back. I hoped that they would of when Get to Work came out and be similar to Ambitions; but sadly that didn't happen.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    This whole burglar not existing thing is truly funny actually... Because we do have the careers that would go along with them. Criminal Mastermind etc. Actually the Active career's pack would have been the perfect place to add those elements to the game... Sometimes I wish they would add a specific GP or EP later, especially since they came up with new tech since the beginning... If Active careers would come out now, there is a high chance it would come with burglars.