The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,686 Member
    CaioSantos wrote: »
    @rosemow is it allowed to me to edit my profile picture? If so, how can I do that?

Hello @CaioSantos
    Usually when you have the required 50 points and 30 posts , you then become a full member and can change your profile picture. At the moment though, there are issues with the forums, and new members are not being updated to becoming a full member. Simmers have posted about the issue on SimGuruDrake's wall. I hope that the issue is resolved for you and other new members soon.
  • Options
    SimSergioSimSergio Posts: 234 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > CaioSantos wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow is it allowed to me to edit my profile picture? If so, how can I do that?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CaioSantos
    > Usually when you have the required 50 points and 30 posts , you then become a full member and can change your profile picture. At the moment though, there are issues with the forums, and new members are not being updated to becoming a full member. Simmers have posted about the issue on SimGuruDrake's wall. I hope that the issue is resolved for you and other new members soon.

Thanks @rosemow
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > CaioSantos wrote: »
    >
    > @rosemow is it allowed to me to edit my profile picture? If so, how can I do that?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CaioSantos
    > Usually when you have the required 50 points and 30 posts , you then become a full member and can change your profile picture. At the moment though, there are issues with the forums, and new members are not being updated to becoming a full member. Simmers have posted about the issue on SimGuruDrake's wall. I hope that the issue is resolved for you and other new members soon.

Thanks @rosemow

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    RinieSilmeRinieSilme Posts: 53 Member
    Hey, :)
    I'm a new member, I'm hanging around in the forum to learn more and I found this thread.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    Until now, in the sims 4, my favourite EP is City Living. It will be, for sure, the animal EP in the future!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    I play Sims since the first one and I've always loved the great creativity possibility thaht the game offers.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    I use the moveobject cheat and the cas.fulleditmode sometimes.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Everyone has his way of playing.
    Personally, I like enjoy sims life not using too much the speed mode. I renew generations using the "normal" life option.
    I like building taking inspiration from true houses.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Of course. I bought Sims 4. I've all the EP and SP. My favourite thing of Sims 4 is the lightness and graphics.
    There's not something I don't like in Sims 4. I just would like to have animals in game! XD
  • Options
    Hello @RinieSilme :)
    City Living is a great Ep! It is great that our sims can now enjoy living in apartments also! It is nice having our sims visiting the various festivals and taste the new recipe foods that came with the pack.
    Moo is a very helpful cheat when building . It helps us to express our creativity in a variety of creative ways! It is enjoyable making simversions of real life homes.
    I am looking forward to a Pets Ep also!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    RinieSilmeRinieSilme Posts: 53 Member
    Exactly!
    The extension of the cooking skill has been a wonderful idea. It is one of my favourite.

I hope to have soon Pets and Seasons too. Maybe they can introduce a seasoning system to increase the gardening skill too! Who knows ^^

Happy Simming to you ^^
  • Options
    @rosemow is there a way I to stop receiving notifications from a specific discussion?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @rosemow is there a way I to stop receiving notifications from a specific discussion?

Hello @CaioSantos
    Try going to the thread that you don't want to receive notifications about, and on the right hand side of the thread title ,look to see if there is a yellow star. If there is, press the star so that it is no longer yellow. This should stop notifications. for the thread.
  • Options
    @rosemow the star is not yellow. Is there other way?
  • Options
    @rosemow the star is not yellow. Is there other way?

Hello @CaioSantos
    You could click in the little gear symbol at the top of the screen, then press "preferences ". Then tick the boxes that suit what you would prefer to occur with your use of the forums and threads. You could turn off being notified in discussions that you have posted in.
  • Options
    @rosemow I didn't want turn all of them off. But thanks anyway!
  • Options
    @rosemow I didn't want turn all of them off. But thanks anyway!

Hello :)
    You could turn the setting off, then just press the star on the threads that you want to bookmark to be notified about. The bookmarked threads will need to have a yellow star after you press the star to bookmark them.
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow
  • Options
    SickSadWorldSickSadWorld Posts: 6 New Member
    I just joined because I want to ask a question about my expansion packs. What hoops do I need to jump through so I can make my post? The OP is this thread didn't make any sense at all. Do I have to wait for people to give me fifty LOLs or whatever before I can post?
  • Options
    I just joined because I want to ask a question about my expansion packs. What hoops do I need to jump through so I can make my post? The OP is this thread didn't make any sense at all. Do I have to wait for people to give me fifty LOLs or whatever before I can post?

Hello @SickSadWorld
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then edit posts and start new threads. This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

You are unable to start a new thread until you get 50 points and 30 posts.
    But you are very welcome to post about your sims 3 expansion packs issues on this link thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
  • Options
    SickSadWorldSickSadWorld Posts: 6 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > SickSadWorld wrote: »
    >
    > I just joined because I want to ask a question about my expansion packs. What hoops do I need to jump through so I can make my post? The OP is this thread didn't make any sense at all. Do I have to wait for people to give me fifty LOLs or whatever before I can post?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @SickSadWorld
    > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then edit posts and start new threads. This thread explains about it.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    >
    > You are unable to start a new thread until you get 50 points and 30 posts.
    > But you are very welcome to post about your sims 3 expansion packs issues on this link thread
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest

Thank you for that, and I apologize for my snippy tone. I noticed the link to the new member questions thread just after I posted my first comment and left a comment there about my expansion.

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry again for coming off like a jerk.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > SickSadWorld wrote: »
    >
    > I just joined because I want to ask a question about my expansion packs. What hoops do I need to jump through so I can make my post? The OP is this thread didn't make any sense at all. Do I have to wait for people to give me fifty LOLs or whatever before I can post?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @SickSadWorld
    > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then edit posts and start new threads. This thread explains about it.
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    >
    > You are unable to start a new thread until you get 50 points and 30 posts.
    > But you are very welcome to post about your sims 3 expansion packs issues on this link thread
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest

Thank you for that, and I apologize for my snippy tone. I noticed the link to the new member questions thread just after I posted my first comment and left a comment there about my expansion.

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry again for coming off like a jerk.

Hello
    You don't need to be sorry at all! You were wanting to find answers for your questions, and it can get confusing . The simmers on the thread in the Sims 3 section will help you. Because it is the weekend, they may not answer straight away,
  • Options
    LuchaPugLuchaPug Posts: 41 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    Uni, I love the fact you go to a new world
    CAS
    I love cheat, All of them......I know, go ahead judge me lol
    Sims 4, when you are buying counters, click the little settings symobly and you get a better selection
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do, I love the mods & cc the most for this game. That they took out the creat-a-style
  • Options
    LuchaPug wrote: »
    Uni, I love the fact you go to a new world
    CAS
    I love cheat, All of them......I know, go ahead judge me lol
    Sims 4, when you are buying counters, click the little settings symobly and you get a better selection
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    I do, I love the mods & cc the most for this game. That they took out the creat-a-style

Hello @LuchaPug :)
    Sims 3 Uni pack is great! It is enjoyable traveling with the uni student sims to the uni world and seeing them doing their course studying.
    Creating sims is cas is a special part of the game! It is enjoyable creating simversions of ourselves, family members, friends and celebrities! They are special sims to play in our games! The sims 4 cas tools are very helpful when creating sims , to help us create the sims how we want them to look.
    Cheats are very helpful to use in the game, especially when sims are starting out in the game! The Moo cheat helps us to express our creativity when building.
    There are so many great mods and cc for sims 4! It is very kind of cc creators to share there cc creations with the simming community.
  • Options
    LuchaPugLuchaPug Posts: 41 Member
    @rosemow
    Thanks, Happy simming to you to!
  • Options
    mesonwunemesonwune Posts: 13 New Member
    -Right now Vampires (I know that's not an EP or SP; I just haven't been as impressed as I was with Vampires). I loved how fleshed out it was and there were pros AND cons.

- CAS. I love trying to create my friends in my free time.

- I don't unless you count CC as cheats.

-Ummm..... Have fun!! :smiley:

- I do!! I begged my mom for it for my birthday cause I always wanted the Sims 2 when I was a kid. My favorite part is CAS but my least favorite is the gameplay right now. It's very boring and repetitive for me but I'll still stay up and play it lol :lol: It's just too happy for me right now. I need more dark emotional tasks, whims, and events(not too dark though).
  • Options
    mesonwune wrote: »
    -Right now Vampires (I know that's not an EP or SP; I just haven't been as impressed as I was with Vampires). I loved how fleshed out it was and there were pros AND cons.

- CAS. I love trying to create my friends in my free time.

- I don't unless you count CC as cheats.

-Ummm..... Have fun!! :smiley:

- I do!! I begged my mom for it for my birthday cause I always wanted the Sims 2 when I was a kid. My favorite part is CAS but my least favorite is the gameplay right now. It's very boring and repetitive for me but I'll still stay up and play it lol :lol: It's just too happy for me right now. I need more dark emotional tasks, whims, and events(not too dark though).

Hello @mesonwune :) It is nice to meet you.
    Vampires is a great Ep! It is different to have our sims living their lives as vampires!
    Creating simversions of friends in cas is fun! It is nice working out outfits for our sims to wear for the various categories..
    It was a very special birthdaypresent to receive Sims 4! It is a very nice present that you will continue to enjoy playing throughout the year!
  • Options
    minjee_kangminjee_kang Posts: 285 Member
    City living! I've always lived in the city in real life, and although I find the suburban life very peaceful - I feel like having the option for my sims to live in the city allowed me to play the game the way I wanted to! Lovely pack :)

Customization I think. And also you can shape your own story and live the life you want to :) I've always been super interested on the idea of alternate universes and the Sims really helps me use my imagination to the fullest.

No cheats, no mods, and no cc. I like playing the game vanilla :)

Yes! I have all the EPs and the GPs. I guess I like the lightness of the game, I loved the Sims 3 but my laptop crashed way too often for me to truly enjoy the game. However, the Sims 4 is relatively lighter and less stress to play. Also I like how the sims look and how easy it is to shape how they look.

My least favorite thing is the lack of story progression. The first time I played, all of my townies just aged up and died - and the town quickly became empty! I know you have the aging off option, and the mod to ensure that they get married and have babies so the town doesn't turn into a ghost town, but as a player that enjoys the game vanilla, I feel like this should maybe be a in-game option that you can either turn on/off?

Anyways, I'm a new member and a enthusiastic simmer and am super glad to join the community! :)
    Happy simming everyone!