The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

please delete - STOP POSTING

SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Removed
Post edited by Simanite on

Comments

• Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I absolutely agree with everything. Especially the babies bit. I dread the life stage so much and was saddened that EA has no plans on freeing them. Knowing that they won't be free, I'd like it if there were at least objects to move the babies from (i.e. playpens, swings, bouncers) instead of being in that penitentiary called a crib 24/7. It'd also be absolutely amazing if we could change the baby's clothes. Even though I hated how the babies looked like caterpillars in Sims 3, at least they were free.

As for the teens, very true! It boggles me how a small child can just jump right into a late teen age. I also feel the same about adults and elders (saw someone suggest a middle age life stage before as well a preteens).
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    I agree!
    There are a few important visuals that would really round out the ages:

Babies that come in every skin color, not just color brackets, and eyes and eyebrows that show which eye/hair colors they have inherited.
    The option to add something like overlays to the baby-objects would help, then we could add hair and outfits per baby (not per gender).

Shorter teens, even by half a head, would help, and most animations would still match up. Those that don't would only need minor adjustments, and clothes are already designed to morph with the body.
    The height slider mod proved that clothing issues were negligible, and many (not all!) animations looked fine.

Salt & Pepper hair for every hair color! Why was this only for black and brown? Why do my redheads go from youthful to silver with no in-between?
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    With 4 they can only pass for 17-19
    Really?
    I see them as 14-18
    The fact that teens can woohoo (mess around), get tattoos and drink is proof of them being at least 16+.
    Nope, it proves nothing.
    I know people who were sexually active at 12.
    I've been told in no uncertain terms, that sims drink juice. It is juice they are drinking, and it is juice bars they visit. I was told this by one of the mods here.
    And who says the tattoos are real tattoos? They could be henna, they could be stick on.
    In 2 and 3 we could play out their entire teenage years from starting high school, making friends and cementing them, learning responsibility and getting in trouble, then getting ready for the adult world (uni or work). With 4 we can literally only play their last year of high school.
    What? That's an awful long time that they're in year 12 for, if that's the case.

Perhaps teens are often as tall as adults in RL
    As a human bean pole, I can assure you, some of us are as tall as adults by 14. Or in the case of some people I know, by 12.
    Shorter and younger looking teens are absolutely detrimental to a Sims game.
    What are you? Some kind of shortie?
    Ts2 teens made me think of 12-14 year olds, they weren't really full on teens.
    TS3 teens were a bit older, like 14-16.
    But ts4 has them so much better, they're like 14-18. much closer to full teen years.

Making teens shorter makes no sense to me.

13 year old and mother
    This-just-happened.-Note-@betty_scott-s-denial-left-side-and-her-reluctant-resignation-of-the-truth-.jpg

12 year old, taller than her adult cousin
    1171646_397985987052838_647518734_n.jpg

This kid looks like he's 11
    image_thumb.png

This teen is taller than his dad
    img_4976.jpeg

This kid (4th grade apparently), is taller than her teacher
    visit+with+Sydney+2010+007.jpg

middle school kid and mother
    PJ-BZ184_WORKFA_J_20141223132842.jpg

6fc1c405-1831-468c-943c-3a24f7ab47cc-1360x2040.jpeg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=3987f8da46c1a95c800aed8604b7c092

310557c8-edc1-47aa-b499-1b5642114dbe-1360x2040.jpeg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=1516db617f311e4d5bb274305c396897

15078bcf-ec90-44ae-9455-5515a05c5880-280x420.jpeg

55fa33d0-d39e-453e-b0f2-47ad8d61c040-1360x2040.jpeg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=b9c74ecba5a501e4d3a0f481b877de6d

If there's to be any height alterations, it should be to make adults and elders shorter than teens and young adults.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Removed
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited May 2017
    Tagging me just to harass me? Plus harassing me on my wall?
    Wow. This is really familiar.

You're the one who doesn't seem to understand that people have differing opinions.
    Some people agree with you, while others agree with me, without disagreement, a discussion wouldn't happen.

There's nothing wrong with the pics I posted, other people have posted similar pics in similar threads elsewhere on the forum, that's where I got some of the pics from. They are on topic, they're pointing out how silly it is that some people think teens should be shorter, when in the real world, many teens are taller than their own parents.

The teens in the game look 14-18 to me, there are other people who also think this. You don't have to agree. I'm not holding your head in a dunny, threating to flush you if you don't.

TS4 teen sims don't have sexual relationships.
    I have been told by one of the simstaff that nectar and juice are NOT meant to represent alcohol. If you disagree, take it up with them, not me.

Report away kiddo, you're the one doing the harassing.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    I had never heard of "preteens" before I came on this forum. I thought that it was a marketing term made up to target kids. I thought that I was grown up from the time I was 11 and had to travel 10 miles by myself, on two public service buses to get to school every day. I hardly heard the term teenager either in those days. We were just ignored and didn't get the chance to vote even until we were 21.

Now, I am an elder I agree with @Movotti that teenagers these days are much taller than their parents and us elders do shrink, several inches sometimes but in Sim terms the height differential might be unrealistic but useful.

Teenagers are also more vocal and argumentative and given the means to express it with less experience of the outside world.

Just my opinion though :)
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    edited May 2017
    Nevermind.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Really?
    I see them as 14-18
    The fact that teens can woohoo (mess around), get tattoos and drink is proof of them being at least 16+.
    Nope, it proves nothing.
    I've been told in no uncertain terms, that sims drink juice. It is juice they are drinking, and it is juice bars they visit. I was told this by one of the mods here.
    And who says the tattoos are real tattoos? They could be henna, they could be stick on.
    In 2 and 3 we could play out their entire teenage years from starting high school, making friends and cementing them, learning responsibility and getting in trouble, then getting ready for the adult world (uni or work). With 4 we can literally only play their last year of high school.
    What? That's an awful long time that they're in year 12 for, if that's the case.

As a human bean pole, I can assure you, some of us are as tall as adults by 14. Or in the case of some people I know, by 12.
    But ts4 has them so much better, they're like 14-18. much closer to full teen years.

13 year old and mother
    This-just-happened.-Note-@betty_scott-s-denial-left-side-and-her-reluctant-resignation-of-the-truth-.jpg

image_thumb.png

img_4976.jpeg

6fc1c405-1831-468c-943c-3a24f7ab47cc-1360x2040.jpeg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=3987f8da46c1a95c800aed8604b7c092

310557c8-edc1-47aa-b499-1b5642114dbe-1360x2040.jpeg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=1516db617f311e4d5bb274305c396897

55fa33d0-d39e-453e-b0f2-47ad8d61c040-1360x2040.jpeg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=b9c74ecba5a501e4d3a0f481b877de6d

If there's to be any height alterations, it should be to make adults and elders shorter than teens and young adults.

Awesome post. I am hopeful that at some point the next sims iteration will allow height adjustments at the CAS level, randomly for the NPC population, and genetically random for Sims offspring. That would bring so much more flavor to the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Removed
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

TS4 teen sims don't have sexual relationships.
    I have been told by one of the simstaff that nectar and juice are NOT meant to represent alcohol. If you disagree, take it up with them, not me.

"Fooling around" has an identical interaction and moodlet to woohooing (the teens get beneath the blanket with hearts floating around) and my guess is they go to 1st/2nd base that involve kiss marks on the neck or something of the nature that happens in real life. Only difference is the naming. Nectar is most definitely and undeniably representative of wine and juice is beer (i.e. juice keg, juice pong ball in TS3 Uni) represented in Sims. Just like how bubble blowing is obviously hookah. I'm sure they made the naming as politically correct as possible since it's a rated Teen game.

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Going to still post. Don't personally see how its been hijacked, OP you brought up the subject of height, it is just different opinions on the same subject.

Babies. They are adorable. They look nice in the bassinet. At the end of the day, they are an object that is tied to a crib. I really wish, even if kept as an object they could be transferred to another object to act as a crib, like a playmat on the floor or a blanket or a bouncer. While we will never have free babies that can be left outside on the sidewalk I do wish they could be taken out of the bassinet.

Teens. Some things on the teens I do like, others do not. I do like the fact that teens can wear any YA clothes. To me, that is realistic ... but I do wish there was some clothing options available only for teens ( the cheer-leader outfit for example ). Grandma should not be walking around in it, it should be restricted to teens only. I wish there were more teen focused clothing options.

I do wish teens ... felt more like teens. They don't roll teen whims, they don't have teen activities. There is no after school activities, no sport clubs ( or sports in general ), no prom. Nothing that is an activity for teens and teens only.

I really do hope the parenting pack brings back grounding and helps flush out the teens life stage.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Really?
    I see them as 14-18
    Nope, it proves nothing.

13 year old and mother

image_thumb.png

img_4976.jpeg

Awesome post @Movotti
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Teens are perfect as they are. You can make them look younger quite easily - just choose more childish hairstyles and clothing and go easy on the makeup. I can make a teen sim look 13 or 14 with no problem.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    (no OP, I won't stop posting because I think it's a disgrace people continue killing justified arguments and even topics with utter nonsense just because they can't come to terms with the fact EA simply didn't bother with teens and that's all: they didn't bother)

They've shut down every one of my threads, and notice how it's everyone else who has reverted to name-calling not me? It's like the toddler situation but worse, people policing the forums on their own. I swear most people were outraged by teens being the same height when it was announced, not it's a sin to say other wise. #AlternativeFacts I suppose. I wish someone would make a legit pre-teens/shorter teens thread so I/we could participate.
  • Options
    LuchaPugLuchaPug Posts: 41 Member
    > @Simanite said:
    notice how it's everyone else who has reverted to name-calling not me?

@Simanite, did yoiu forget?
    You called people disgusting bullies and mind controlled puppets?
    God, you really love attenion don't you?
    I'am gussing the reason you want this so bad is because your turning 12 or 13?
    And great job ignoreing my post!
  • Options
    LuchaPugLuchaPug Posts: 41 Member
    I found it!!!!!

You people are seriously disgusting bullies. I've posted WHY WE NEED younger teens more than a dozen times and others have come in to agree with me and back me up, but you simply ignore what I have to say because you're all only interested in your own viewpoints and opinions. My opinion is trash but yours is right? No. I am seriously done with this now. It's honestly like trying to talk to a mind controlled puppet with some people

@Simanite
    Stop playing
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    (no OP, I won't stop posting because I think it's a disgrace people continue killing justified arguments and even topics with utter nonsense just because they can't come to terms with the fact EA simply didn't bother with teens and that's all: they didn't bother)

They've shut down every one of my threads, and notice how it's everyone else who has reverted to name-calling not me? It's like the toddler situation but worse, people policing the forums on their own. I swear most people were outraged by teens being the same height when it was announced, not it's a sin to say other wise. #AlternativeFacts I suppose. I wish someone would make a legit pre-teens/shorter teens thread so I/we could participate.
    I think it's a disgrace what has happened to this topic (and 'Simanite stop being a jerk and harrassing people!!!!!!!!' is so rude, so completely uncalled for). If you're fine with teens looking like adults just because you can find 13 year olds taller than their moms on the internet, good for you, enjoy them. But please accept this doesn't apply for everyone.
    5JZ57S6.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top