Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Households will not load after new patch

iamduniamdun Posts: 514 Member
I updated (with no other choice) and now I am unable to play my last save. My game will load to the neighborhods fine. But once I select a family and click the Play button, my game will just stay on the loading screen. It is taking well over 2 min. Never timing out or giving an error. I have disabled my mods, disabled Origin in game. Uninstalled and reinstalled Orign. And loaded one of my much older saves. The older save works. Can't get my most recent family to load still. I even tried moving the household to a new lot. I was able to save the household as well as upload it to the gallery. I tried to create a new save using that household from the gallery. Couldn't replace so I had to merge in CAS. Moved them into a new lot, still won't load. It seems the household file is now literally curupt.

Update:

I tried to start my legacy over in a new save. Nope. Looks like now I am also in able to play my save from months ago. I click on the household and it kicks back to the Home Worlds Screen.

Now I will have to start my Day of the Dead Collection over, if I can ever play again. :| I know this is a game but seriously. I spent an hour troubleshooting when I really had my mind set on playing.

I am running windows 10 anniversary edition.
Post edited by iamdun on

Comments