Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons as a Gamepack ?

If we were to get Seasons added to the game, do you think that would be good enough for a gamepack only? Or a full blown expansion pack ?

Comments

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Oh they better make an EP. I will be quite sad and let down if it's only a GP.

GP have been doing quite well with content, but I want as many seasonal features as they can handle, and only an EP can fulfill that.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Yeah thats true, I feel like they would be able to incorporate freetime features and other things. I think our sims need more hobbies, I really enjoyed building a car in the sims 2 and the sewing machine
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    GPs are usually a lot more specific in their themes than EPs, and Seasons is a pretty wide concept, so I think it would fit better as an EP.

Plus on the business side, Seasons is one of the most demanded content so of course they'de want customers to pay more for it...
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Since we're getting festivals with city living, ideally seasons would include farming aspects / farmers markets and be a full EP.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I figure Seasons would end up being an EP just because there's probably so much coding just for seasonal changes and weather alone that it might feel bare at half the size of an EP, without other stuff to complement weather.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Seasons should be an expansion pack.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Le0Heart wrote: »
    If we were to get Seasons added to the game, do you think that would be good enough for a gamepack only? Or a full blown expansion pack ?

My favorite EP made as a gamepack? NO WAY. And they better make it better than in the previous games of the sims or i'm going to give up from the sims 4, i can handle any bad expantion packs, just don't buy it, but a bad seasons expantion pack it will be the breakpoint, they know that is one of the most wanted EP, if they don't do it to be an amazing EP i will have the confirmation that they really don't care about costumers.
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I would gladly pay 40€ for Seasons, I would even pay 40€ per season, I just love seasons that much. Think of all the seasonal activities they could fit in 4 EPs :love:

Seasons deserve more than a GP ;)
  • Options
    Heliel22Heliel22 Posts: 37 Member
    Seasons is better suited for an EP
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited September 2016
    Probably an EP, but we have to make sure to be extremely specific with what we want or else they won't understand!

"Snow in Oasis Springs? This is a seasons EP not a create your own climate pack!" - Maxis logic

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see restrictions placed on worlds as to what weather they will experience.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Probably an EP, but we have to make sure to be extremely specific with what we want or else they won't understand!

"Snow in Oasis Springs? This is a seasons EP not a create your own climate pack!" - Maxis logic

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see restrictions placed on worlds as to what weather they will experience.

No shade, but shade.

I for one wouldn't want snow in specific worlds like Oasis. But If the player wants to do some type of Global Warming Crisis they should do that.
    Dome type of cheat or interface that allows changing climates, but each world has a default climate zone.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Normally I wouldn't like farming or a farmers market but I think it would be cool for players that enjoy that, I think a seasons should come with better gardening , green houses, market, indoor , outdoor activities. and They better take seasons seriously because after seeing the city life world and how small it is I'm very worried for The sims 4
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would like Seasons preferably in an Expansion pack. I know some simmers who would be happy with seasons in game packs. I.e one season per pack - if it meant there was a lot of focus and attention given to each season.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if Seasons isn't happening since they mentioned they can't change worlds without messing up save files
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Seasons isn't happening since they mentioned they can't change worlds without messing up save files

They can't add lots. This is why Magnolia Promenade is its own world instead of part of Willow Creek.

Adding a shader effect that plays when an in-game timer counts down is completely different.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    jsn wrote: »

Wait , I thought they said they had the power to make current world bigger ?
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2016
    Neia wrote: »
    I would gladly pay 40€ for Seasons, I would even pay 40€ per season, I just love seasons that much. Think of all the seasonal activities they could fit in 4 EPs :love:

Seasons deserve more than a GP ;)

OMG

EA must love people who want them to split up 1 EP into 4.

I would get

1 Less content
    2 spend around £200 instead of £50
    3 less gameplay
    4 less tools and options
    5 less weather

I can have a full seasons gamplay but only if I buy all 4.

No thanks

One full expansion please EA

How about thay bring out other themes instead of turning 1 into 4

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon