Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ultimate University Challenge (UUC) - Muse Style!

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Yup, it'd end up being choose three like the other expansion skills are in the other majors.

@JulyaVee Could you elaborate a bit on your question?

It says not reaching the requirements for general studies will get you one grade down. But the requirements of general studies have grades themselves. Do I have to reach an A so my final grade won't get deducted?

Ah, yes. A so that your grade doesn't go down overall.
  • Options
    CoffeeZombieSimsCoffeeZombieSims Posts: 86 Member
    So, I plan on using this challenge in a 13 challenge run. It's challenge number 3, and I have to restart the 1st one so it might take me a while to report how it went, but I changed a few things.
    I cut it down to two years (Which makes it college now I suppose), and made general studies different for each semester so I still have the four of them. The last 6 days of YA I designated 'The wait'.
    I like having fun, not trying to be original.
    Zoome Diaries
  • Options
    ChromaggiaMagChromaggiaMag Posts: 31 Member
    I'm trying this. I have observed that this is now not up to date, since Spa Day introduced the Wellness skill.
    For my own play through of this challenge and any more I might do I'm changing the Health and Physical Fitness major from Fitness, Handiness, Herbalism to Fitness, Wellness, Herbalism. It just makes more sense as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    ChromaggiaMagChromaggiaMag Posts: 31 Member
    Ok trying this. Have couple questions/bringing up a couple things I'm editing since this doesn't seem up-to-date for the Spa Day Stuff.
    First of all, in the Political Science major what the heck is reaping? And what friend requirements? I'm assuming since you didn't list any it's within reason for us to invent our own in the interim.
    Next, I, for my own personal use, have updated the Health and Physical Fitness major instead of Fitness, Handiness, Herbalism for me it's Fitness, Herbalism, Wellness.
    I'm also reserving the right to go around and clean up a bit once a week because the dorm rooms I have set up are MESSY because each girl is in charge of like a tiny apartment and they're apparently all horrible slobs :|
  • Options
    CoffeeZombieSimsCoffeeZombieSims Posts: 86 Member
    Reaping is a 'skill' hiding in the coding. You can't actually do anything with it. I've gotten half way through this with my modifications and have some suggestions.
    • Don't modify it as I have. A week may seem like plenty of time to do a year of leveling, but it really isn't. my poor sim looks more like a zombie than her zombie like Dorm Head
    • Do this challenge on YA and turn aging off, 'university' on top of high school was not fun to juggle
    The modifications I've made (2 yrs, and what used to be yearly requirements are now by semester) are doable, and at an A grade (looking at getting honors). But it's more stressful than the Asylum Challenge.
    I like having fun, not trying to be original.
    Zoome Diaries
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I finished! Really awesome challenge. I had so much fun playing it.

@SummerFalls and I both made a few tweaks: we stopped aging once the students aged up to YA, so that they'd be young adults upon graduation.

I also had my student move to Windenburg as an exchange student. She lived with the Villareals as an au pair! I kept the ISBI-style play with the Villareals, only controlling the student.

She completed all the requirements for Valedictorian by the end of the first semester of Junior year, so I wished that there were other bonuses or options, such as early graduation or extra points for additional skills or number of aspirations completed.

All in all, it was a hugely enjoyable challenge to play--at least as fun as the Wonder Child challenge, and I highly recommend it!

You can read my University Challenge story here: Skill-U

(And now... I'm planning a spin-off with the graduating student in San Myshuno! :smiley:
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    cckeimigcckeimig Posts: 7 New Member
    I've read through all of the posts--I am not seeing anything about rolling dice anywhere except at the beginning with the bit about rolling to want to get married, have a baby, etc. There doesn't seem to be a master list anywhere here or a full explanation of the rolling bit.

I'm also a little confused about the need for five bedrooms if the students are to share rooms. Wouldn't 4 work as well (3 for each pair of students, 1 for the dean?)?

I'm glad we can (now?) claim beds and even lock doors, so my dean won't have the students stealing his/her bed. ;)

I am really excited to get going on this one, as it looks like a lot of fun. I'm finishing up a "Three Little Sims" challenge first, but will jump into this one after that--it should help me tolerate the 'ISBI' aspect of this challenge...
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    cckeimig wrote: »
    I've read through all of the posts--I am not seeing anything about rolling dice anywhere except at the beginning with the bit about rolling to want to get married, have a baby, etc. There doesn't seem to be a master list anywhere here or a full explanation of the rolling bit.

I'm also a little confused about the need for five bedrooms if the students are to share rooms. Wouldn't 4 work as well (3 for each pair of students, 1 for the dean?)?

I'm glad we can (now?) claim beds and even lock doors, so my dean won't have the students stealing his/her bed. ;)

I am really excited to get going on this one, as it looks like a lot of fun. I'm finishing up a "Three Little Sims" challenge first, but will jump into this one after that--it should help me tolerate the 'ISBI' aspect of this challenge...

I'm pretty sure that "rolling the want to get married" refers to having the whim come up to want to get married.

It is a super fun game! And there's no need for five bedrooms--you can be flexible!

I ended up having my Sim move in as an au pair with the Villareals during Sophomore year! It was a bit of a twist (I wasn't keeping score), but it made for a really fun story.

Hope you enjoy this! At one point, I was thinking of doing a variation on Three Little Sims as a follow-up to this challenge! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    I realize rule of thumb is not opening a thread that's two years old but I thought you might like to know that I've decided to run a UUC challenge in Nukecrest. Since ageing is turned off for Brennachan's creations I'll have to track weeks carefully and my student body will remain stuck at YA. I apologize to you and your wonderfull Dean for sticking her in the muck and mayhem of a post-apocalyptic world. (I still need to do the Haunted Muddy College build so it may be a while before I get it pulled together.)