Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL NOT A FAN...!!!!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    It would be so cool if the neighborhoods had 1 loading screen that load everything in that neighborhood and within that neighborhood you could go anywhere without loading screens! AND THE ONLY TIME YOU NEED LOADING SCREENS WOULD BE TO SWITCH NEIGHBORHOODS! Now that is what they should have done!

I think the devs have said they're looking into the possibility of opening up the neighbourhoods, meaning you could go across the street without loading screens. I'm not 100% sure if this is accurate, but I've seen a few people mention this.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    It would be so cool if the neighborhoods had 1 loading screen that load everything in that neighborhood and within that neighborhood you could go anywhere without loading screens! AND THE ONLY TIME YOU NEED LOADING SCREENS WOULD BE TO SWITCH NEIGHBORHOODS! Now that is what they should have done!

I think the devs have said they're looking into the possibility of opening up the neighbourhoods, meaning you could go across the street without loading screens. I'm not 100% sure if this is accurate, but I've seen a few people mention this.
    I rather wait to see what comes out of EA/Maxis offices and not assume.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    My grandkids wish they had my computer -

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.3GHz

Asus Z Pro gaming Board

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

You really need to re-defy Grannie Machines and not one YA in my family has a pc to compare. What's more not one of them has any comparable pc knowledge that I do. This is 2015 and not the Grannies of 1999. Even great Grannies and Great Grandads of this day and age pooh-pooh the Granny pc bull spewed in this day and era. My dads own pc is at least as good as the pc I just outgrew for this new build and he is almost 78. That one was a Phenom II x 6 running Nvidia GTX 750ti and GTX 550 ti video cards with 8 gigs of high speed gaming ram that I just discarded.

lol, well when i use granny is not a a insult but to in a funny way point the "sort of low ending machines they are aimming", like instead of try to planning to make a game based on this "age computers" they are making a game based on 10, 20 , 30 or 40 years old machines, they are trying to make a game where if you have a true outdated machine with more than 10 years old setup you gonna play in the same way of peoples with the most "top machine", which while can be nice with that users can be terrible with the other side which somehow make pointless have a better pc if you can still using your "outdated machine".

again normally most of the companies and even inside ea you see the developers using modern technology when develop games, then from that point they try to see how "deep bottom" they can go to increase the range of machines, without loose too much tech, while in max they true don't care if gonna have quality or no as we see with the guru which make clear which "quality is not what they are aimming", then they can focus in use outdated tech to target outdated machines.

i know which "old peoples" can also have top machines, my uncle is one but the point is not the age of the user, but the age of the pc they are targeting.

I did think you meant the old computer was a "grannie" not the people who had them. I get a new PC every two years, last one is a top of the line gaming rig which plays all my Sims, including 3, perfectly. It cost mega dollars but so worth it as the Sims games are my go to for a little relaxation.

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »
    I'm on Gen 4 of my save and loading definetely got a lot longer than at the beginning. LGR also mentioned that problem. It doesn't always have to do with specs, mine are pretty decent.
    I would definetely visit my sims neighbours more often if we didn't have load screens, not because of how long they are but because of how i have to interrupt everyone who isn't traveling and they stop doing what i told them to do. That stuff really annoys me.
    Yes, it's the loading screen consequences as much (or even more maybe) as the waiting time it costs that make me dislike them.

agrees if the sims then just kept doing what they where doing
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    When you play with cheats that takes time as well by the way. Because you have to do them all over again after each loading screen.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member

Hoping for this!!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yes, I agree, but I think our Sims would carry their food over to the neighbors house. I already have Sims (don't why Holmes and Watson) in one save take their cereal bowls downstairs, out the door, to stand at the road to eat. what? then they set the stuff down and it stays there in the street. This is in another save about them not the save I have them in with other Sims. And the house I built for them is different than the one I put on the gallery so they do this all the time and so does a townie who gets a burger from a grill walks down the street carrying it then sets it down and then it stays there. I think that would be a huge problem in this game because of multitasking like eating and talking while standing anywhere they want. It might be a bigger headache since they can carry stuff just about anywhere , where as TS3 Sims can't even though they live in a total open world.

So, multitasking does cause a lot of things not to be possible in this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, I agree, but I think our Sims would carry their food over to the neighbors house. I already have Sims (don't why Holmes and Watson) in one save take their cereal bowls downstairs, out the door, to stand at the road to eat. what? then they set the stuff down and it stays there in the street. This is in another save about them not the save I have them in with other Sims. And the house I built for them is different than the one I put on the gallery so they do this all the time and so does a townie who gets a burger from a grill walks down the street carrying it then sets it down and then it stays there. I think that would be a huge problem in this game because of multitasking like eating and talking while standing anywhere they want. It might be a bigger headache since they can carry stuff just about anywhere , where as TS3 Sims can't even though they live in a total open world.

I think multitasking might prevent quality pets being in this game too. I just don't see how it could be possible to carry and interact with a pet if the same excuse was used for the babies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I think multitasking might prevent quality pets being in this game too. I just don't see how it could be possible to carry and interact with a pet if the same excuse was used for the babies.

Agree, maybe means no puppies they carry. And all dogs on a leash? and or those AL TS2 pets stuck in a thing, and not even a real pet in that EP. Not like Pets.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Agree, maybe means no puppies they carry. And all dogs on a leash? and or those AL TS2 pets stuck in a thing, and not even a real pet in that EP. Not like Pets. [/quote]
    Yeah I'm afraid they will be tied to objects too. That will be a real shame. I have a feeling I won't be able to see cool pets and toddlers and babies until the Sims 5.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    i feel which that "everything is multitask fault" is more like a "excuse" from gurus than really the source/root of all the game faults.
    if you think how exactly multitask can prevent a open hood?, because sims will ending dying if you don't control then??? then its a fault of bad ai code.

at last for open world or hood and hood i don't see it being a fault of multitask because as we know the egineer is limited specially in handle too much sims, if you have more than the limit which is 20 active sims the game start to become unstable and can easy crash, which is fault of 32 bit and poor code, for hood or world, is more like they are exactly doing what they told "make sure potatoes pcs can run this game".

just imagine a hood with 5 houses, each house being able to hold up to 8 sims then just having sims inside of houses can be like 40 sims, then imagine now also they need to make the pass by sims which to make the hood alive need be something continuous then we need at last 3 to 5 sims, imagine now basically a hood having to have like 50 sims???, then what sort of "potatoes" pcs will be able to handle it???

then that is one of the problem if they open the hoods or world this means which the rooten potatoes will be unable to keep running the game then peoples will need to "buy" a better pc(by better i means a cheap but not potetoes) which none want but want to expend countless of $$ in packs.

if you think to about toddlers and pets that things can be easy fixed if instead of greedy maxis become smart.

they can fix that by some good ways

tired of babies being forget in the ground??
    add to the game, like the "magical dishes" add the baby walkers(i don't know the name in english well but the things used to walk with childrens) when a sim is about to put the baby in ground he put in that "baby transport" then add a aura to the car where the can do some free things but like the crib whenever any of the babie need goes down he go take care of the babie and when a sim is about to leave a place the game make a check if the sim have a babie with him(part of his group" if yes then he goes take the baby before leave, that can fix babie/toddler problem with multitask, because they not gonna drop it in ground unless you do it by yourself they never drop autonomous, whenever a sim is with a babie the game will check around if the place have a crib, or a food chair or a (well i don't know the name in english for the little fence you had in sims 3 in store where you could leave yout toddlers) if have that things when goes to drop he aways drop on that if not he will magically make appear the walking chair and put the toddler/baby on that and the game keep a aura or check about the baby to make the sim never forget about the baby like the crib.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Why was/is multitasking such a big feature in this game? Did we ask for it? Was there a survey I missed? If multitasking is preventing them from doing this game up right, then why have it at all? (or is it just an excuse?)
  • Options
    Why was/is multitasking such a big feature in this game? Did we ask for it? Was there a survey I missed? If multitasking is preventing them from doing this game up right, then why have it at all? (or is it just an excuse?)
    that is why i feel it's more like a excuse than actually the problem of everything.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

It's an excuse. They have access to the brightest and best minds in programming at EA with their position as leaders in the market. They are choosing not to fund enough of this talent in the sims series.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Agreed.

To paraphrase Mama Boucher, Load screens are the devil!

I have little faith in the developers when they say they are looking into opening up the World, as this doesn't seem to be an easy task to do after the fact. They also claim to be "looking into" adding toddlers and I've learned not to hold my breath on that one, either. It would seem that Multi-Tasking, the great selling point of TS4 in EA's eyes, has resulted in the game being severely limited in many basic ways.
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    What is so odd about this post is that the title says STILL NOT A FAN...!!!! while it is created by someone called SimLover

For your information, do you want a laggy game or a super fast game? That is a reason why there is loading screens as the game engine can't handle too much objects.
    Wow your post puts Sims 4 in a bad light game engine cannot handle complex operations and loading screens all over the place in order not to stress the game engine. Too many loading screens regardless of the time tends to dampen the immersion. :)

I know. This poster was so quick to defend the game he didn't even realize he threw it under the bus instead!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options

It's an excuse. They have access to the brightest and best minds in programming at EA with their position as leaders in the market. They are choosing not to fund enough of this talent in the sims series.

it's too difficult and expensive pay talented peoples then that is the level we get at maxis
    Will%20Program%20&%20Consult%20For%20Food.jpg
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    just think of the sims 4 as a retro 90s game. now with more loading screens!!!!! omgerd!!! you rule!!!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    What is so odd about this post is that the title says STILL NOT A FAN...!!!! while it is created by someone called SimLover

For your information, do you want a laggy game or a super fast game? That is a reason why there is loading screens as the game engine can't handle too much objects.

I'm over the loss of open world & casT.

A game without incest, gross food, thirst issues, poor lighting, daily culled friends, decaying fish, and being told my lot is incomplete due to 1 missing sink, etc. is something I am totally not a fan of.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Still frustrated with these loading screens! 3 long loading screens before I can even play my game