Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 world map vs TS4 world map

Compare TS3 world map with TS4 world map: what do you think about? Do you prefer 3D version like me or not? Let's talk about it! :)

Comments

• Options
    gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Commented on the world map for TS4, They are looking into improving it :)

Uhh that's good!!! I hope something beautiful is coming.... :)
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    TS3 worlds are the only reason I was extremely jealous of TS3 players (I prefer TS2 overall). The worlds were beautiful and the map view was breathtaking. TS4 map view is a joke, even TS2 has a better map view.

TS4 has very nice neighbourhoods when you view the town in live mode, but the map view is rubbish.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    For me The Sims 3 had one map, one world only. Why? because I only play in a world where my sims can interact with each other and that was impossible in TS3. So all the worlds we useless for me except the main.

TS4 can have its maps enhanced. It would be better if they change the circular worlds with an actual map that connect the worlds together.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TS3 worlds are the only reason I was extremely jealous of TS3 players (I prefer TS2 overall). The worlds were beautiful and the map view was breathtaking. TS4 map view is a joke, even TS2 has a better map view.

TS4 has very nice neighbourhoods when you view the town in live mode, but the map view is rubbish.

I love TS4 neighborhoods' graphic...details and colors are very nice compared to the "grey" sunset valley (willow creek and other cities in TS4 look more vibrant and dynamic, in my opinion).. However I don't like maps in TS4: they are too simplistic and childish. I hope Gurus will improve this aspect
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    TS3 world map of course! I hate it when I can't replace the buildings while being in the "Manage Worlds" control... But the graphic details are much better in TS4 neighborhoods.
  • Options
    For me The Sims 3 had one map, one world only. Why? because I only play in a world where my sims can interact with each other and that was impossible in TS3. So all the worlds we useless for me except the main.

TS4 can have its maps enhanced. It would be better if they change the circular worlds with an actual map that connect the worlds together.

I agree.. Even if there's a mod for TS3 which allow Sims to travel from a world to another.... And they can interact with Sims who live in a different town... I read about this mod on "general ts3 discussion", if I good remember
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    TS3 has more detailing to the maps, it's much more lively (plus open world). The colors seems more darker however. And for my game, it lags a lot more.

TS4 lacks in map detail, but it is so much more easier and smoother for me to use. The loading screens, of course, are a little disappointing. But the loading screens go by so fast, so it doesn't bother me much. TS4 maps are really brightly colored though, which makes it less realistic.

So the final winner? There really is no winner in my opinion. TS3 has some pros and cons, TS4 has some pros and cons. A combination of the two would be perfect and ideal. Adding more detail to TS4 and muting the colors maybe.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like the simplicity of TS4 maps and being able to easily find what I want. on some of the larger TS3 maps(Sunlit Tides, Isla Paradiso, etc) it would sometimes take me a bit to find what I wanted. But TS3 maps were nice as well. I'm happy either way :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    TS3 world map of course! I hate it when I can't replace the buildings while being in the "Manage Worlds" control... But the graphic details are much better in TS4 neighborhoods.

My impression is this: if I zoom on a part of the town (in TS3), buildings and also landscape around (trees, streets, rivers etc) look more "flat" than it's in TS4 neighborhoods. I think that TS3 world is more beautiful if I observe it at distance (from higher perspective) ..but if I look at the details of the map (lower perspective) I feel how town is a little "plastics"
    And you? What are your impressions?
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I just see TS3 and TS4 maps as different things... I would prefer TS4 maps to have an overhaul, though. Even though it is easy to find things, it seems too basic, and you have to go through too many neighborhoods to get to or find what you want.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited June 2015
    @SimGuruGraham Commented on the world map for TS4, They are looking into improving it :)

That tweet made me really curious. :open_mouth:
    I knew that they would change that horrible map someday.
    I hope they will be changing it to look like this: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/chU3kH_tbgY/maxresdefault.jpg

tenor.gif
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

Yep...Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade and Willow Creek should be one big map. It would be neat if they incorporated the work lots from GTW so you could see where your sims work, even if you can't visit those lots.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    The Sims 4.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    The Sims 4.

Surprise surprise, Colton chooses the Sims 4.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    I don't see any comparison, but I choose TS3 of course. From map view I can send each of my Sims to a different location and quickly transfer back and forth to each of them to see what their doing.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    I really love the idea of the different neighborhood areas in The Sims 4. It gives the world a much more realistic feel. I like how the streets are actually set up like real housing areas. The neighborhoods look really nice in live mode, but I wish they were bigger. I also wish the world could at least be half open (where you can wander around each neighborhood at a time without loading screens)... I think I could've compromised for that. It would be a lot better.

I mean, I love Sims 4. I do think it's an enjoyable game, but it can definitely be improved in many ways. Then again, I also think the same about Sims 2 and Sims 3 as well. All games in the series have positives and negatives.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Agree with above- S4 isn't really a map- the neighborhoods don't even seem to link up the way they are represented on the graphic. I like S3 the best but in reality it's not to big a deal to me.
  • Options
    KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member

Of course they never can share information! That would be devastating.

I mean I know plans can change and so do they but still...
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    300469-the-sims-2-freetime-windows-screenshot-a-rainbow-over-pleasantview.png

110328115623745514.jpg

f5e80fdd18dc.png

I prefer the first two. Not only because they look better, but also because they are real maps.

I agree with this. Even The Sims 1 had a more interesting map:

TS1OldTownNeighborhoodView.jpg

It's not even about the fact that they are full color. It's about the fact that it feels like you are looking down on a town that actually exists. You see the cars moving, the birds flying. It really gives the feeling of the simmer being the god of his/her domain. This is your world, and you can do whatever you like. It helped with immersion. I just don't even know what they were thinking with TS4's map. :confused:

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member

i remember when they also speaked about the "load screens" and have plains and ended just adding little effects but the load screen still the same, then since "white" is the theme of sims 4 i really doubt we gonna get a real change here.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    300469-the-sims-2-freetime-windows-screenshot-a-rainbow-over-pleasantview.png

110328115623745514.jpg

f5e80fdd18dc.png

I prefer the first two. Not only because they look better, but also because they are real maps.

I agree with this. Even The Sims 1 had a more interesting map:

TS1OldTownNeighborhoodView.jpg

It's not even about the fact that they are full color. It's about the fact that it feels like you are looking down on a town that actually exists. You see the cars moving, the birds flying. It really gives the feeling of the simmer being the god of his/her domain. This is your world, and you can do whatever you like. It helped with immersion. I just don't even know what they were thinking with TS4's map. :confused:

Easy. Inexpensive.