The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is the point in the flowers?

sarahb5500sarahb5500 Posts: 26 New Member
Theyre everywhere, they're actually really nice done, and then theres nothing to do with them. What is the point in the harvestable flowers? Other than collecting and splicing other plants theyre really worthless right now. Can a girl get a vase? I wish they would bring back the flower arranging skill from the sims 2 so we could have real flower shops and not just sell buy mode plants. It seems like the set the base to be able to do that because of the way the flowers are currently set-up. Hoping for a hobby pack in the future.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    If you have the GTW EP, some of those flowers become very useful in conjunction with equipment in the Scientist career.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Twilight32Twilight32 Posts: 165 Member
    If you have the GTW EP, some of those flowers become very useful in conjunction with equipment in the Scientist career.
    Like the rose perfume serum, snake oil serum, and smart serum
    tumblr_mwa83vkbtE1rs4459o1_400.gif
  • Options
    nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
    I find them to be very pretty to put around the yard and helpful in the cooking skill because then your Sims can add them into their recipes! Also, like @luthienrising said, they are good in the Scientist career if you have The Sims 4 Get To Work Expansion Pack installed! Oh, and also, I like to put them in my Sim's inventory just incase they get hungry, so then they can have a quick snack! But I have to watch them to make sure they don't spoil!
    Nate3300Simmer
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited June 2015
    Roses are the most profitable (at least in the flowers you can find easily), especially once you get to Perfect, but they are money makers. I use them to increase my households wealth faster.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    Yeah, to be honest, I would use them mostly as extra things to grow and harvest for the money.
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Really, I never found any use in them until I did the Runaway Teen Challenge when I had to pick them and sell them for money. But you can plant them and use them in recipes and stuff. You can also like harvest them for money, but not much. I wish there was a way to make them into a bouquet or something- kinda like how you can put fish in fish bowls.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    I have, on occasion, placed them on bathroom counters or on living room accent tables. Very pretty, but how many times can you do that before it starts to look junky :)? I wonder if one could place them on the beds? That would be romantic.
  • Options
    rebesimrebesim Posts: 10 New Member
    I just collect 'em and sell 'em.