The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst party ever

simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
So my sim Hazel decides to throw her first ever party , a costume party.

Everyone shows up and is having a good time when all of a sudden Mortimer Goth keels over in the garden and dies , Bella is sobbing her heart out and everyone else is suitably subdued standing over the body while Grimmy does his thing.

As if that wasnt enough another guest , the community Gardener Joshua who is also Hazels friend , also keels over and dies in the kitchen ... virtually straight away another guest Talia decides 3 is a great number and she may as well save Grimmy the journey coming back and also drops dead in the kitchen.

Now granted all 3 were elders but for crying out loud game poor Hazel is gonna be too scared to ever throw another party , lol

I dont mind keeping Joshuas grave , he looked after Hazels garden as if it were his own and I know he will be happy out there , but I dont want the other two so sadly their spirits will be released and their gravestones destroyed

Comments

• Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry, but I giggled the whole time reading that XD I love the unpredictableness of this game~

If you'd like, I created a pretty little cemetery I'm sure Joshua would love you can also plot the other town down in there as well. It's on my gallery page, link in my sig. All you have to do is put the headstones/urns in your Sim's pockets, head to the cemetery and plop them down. I tested it out before I uploaded it so it should still work. :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ooo thanks ... its too late for Mort and Talia but i'll certainly place Joshua's Grave in your Cemetary

It will get full pretty quick though cos Hazels planning to have another party soon to make up for her last disastrous one xD ... and she did make friends with Grimmy at the last party so he may even show up as a guest , will def save him having to make a special journey when the next batch of party guests kick the bucket , lol
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    The game likes to create a lot of Sims at the exact same time, so when it's time for ONE to die...chances are at least three other elders will also fall over and die. One of my Sims took another out on a date at the lounge and literally five elders all died at the same time.

I don't think he ever wants to go on a date again.
  • Options
    Well im glad to know its not just my sim that has the bad luck to have loads of deaths occur around them xD
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Ah, the random party deaths. One of the funniest things in Sims 4. Don't worry, you are not alone in your struggle. My weddings make George RR Martin jealous :lol:
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    KaerfusKaerfus Posts: 49 Member
    Oh my god xD I can't stop laughing at that!
    That is certainly the funniest and strangest The Sims story I've heard.
  • Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Man, I am so jealous of everyone's disaster parties and weddings. XD
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

Me too, my wedding party went really well, or so I thought, until I started reading about these trendy death parties. Kinda makes me wonder why no-one wants to die at my parties, aren't they good enough or something? :(
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member

joleaco wrote: »

Me too, my wedding party went really well, or so I thought, until I started reading about these trendy death parties. Kinda makes me wonder why no-one wants to die at my parties, aren't they good enough or something? :(

Trendy Death Parties. Haha, that's so funny.

I had Sims die at my parties in TS3, but have yet to have it happen in TS4. One of the guests in TS3 drowned in the pool, and my Sim was a life guard....and couldn't do anything to save him. All the guests were sad and crying and my party was a mega flop!

But 3 in one party OP, that is pretty impressive, I must say! :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    simmese wrote: »

Everyone shows up and is having a good time when all of a sudden Mortimer Goth keels over in the garden and dies , Bella is sobbing her heart out and everyone else is suitably subdued standing over the body while Grimmy does his thing.

As if that wasnt enough another guest , the community Gardener Joshua who is also Hazels friend , also keels over and dies in the kitchen ... virtually straight away another guest Talia decides 3 is a great number and she may as well save Grimmy the journey coming back and also drops dead in the kitchen.

Now granted all 3 were elders but for crying out loud game poor Hazel is gonna be too scared to ever throw another party , lol

I dont mind keeping Joshuas grave , he looked after Hazels garden as if it were his own and I know he will be happy out there , but I dont want the other two so sadly their spirits will be released and their gravestones destroyed

At least you good an appropriate emotional reaction out of it!
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Did you at least earn a metal for the party?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Nope , total failure , lol
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Nothing fun like that ever happens to my Sims either! D: I'm jelly! They never have any fun stories to tell the grandkids... though if they did maybe they'd die in the process and their grandkids will get to tell their grandkids what happen! xD
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I had two people die at my bakery. Sheesh! I swear, this game is cursed for some of us!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited May 2015
    Lol. Talk about partying your life away...
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I had two people die at my bakery. Sheesh! I swear, this game is cursed for some of us!

I can see it now. Your sim goes shopping, visiting the bakery, and over half the people there are just crying their eyes out. Most depressing donut run, ever.
  • Options

I can see it now. Your sim goes shopping, visiting the bakery, and over half the people there are just crying their eyes out. Most depressing donut run, ever.

And people wonder why you never wanna take your Sim out of the house >_> I HAVE REASONS!!
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member

Did you hire a detective just to make sure it wasn't foul play?
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member

If that happened in real life more people might just rethink their diets maybe the game is trying to send a message? Too many donuts means diabetes, diabetes kills? I dunno.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    My sim keeps trying to die from laughter at parties. I have playful sculptures and paintings. Interestingly enough, when I have "tried" to kill a sim with laughter...nothing.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,399 Member
    Love the thread, so funny.

At least you have a good time with grimy at parties. At parties my sims throw, there are no metals because I usually let my sims run amok, lol. I like throwing parties in S4, just not real good at them. :p (Don't care about the dumb metals anyways.)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Are you kidding me??? It's not a good party if grimm reaper doesn't show up!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am having pretty bad behavior at my wedding parties at the moment. I have played some families so long time, that the inborn kids have become young adults and they marry and move away from home. Fine enough you think. But when it was the daughter, her dad went totally to pieces at the wedding. He was so mad and scolded the poor groom. At another family it was the son, and his mother went ballistic too, grumpy and negative, When she finally was happy, the grooms father was flirting with his new daughter in law. The groom/son didn't mind, but the parents' relationship has turned to pretty bad. What a family drama!!!
    This photo is the groom's father flirting with his new daughter in law and being ashamed, while his wife is looking behind them. Guess who the father is - - - yes, my avatar. LOL
    Worst%20party.jpg
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    OMG that is so sad and hilarious at the same time.