Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Beorthedog wrote: »
    Okay- I'm gonna try to make a Sims game and NOT USE CHEATS :P Wish me luck!

You don't need luck, you need a drink. Have some nectar. LOL

I could never play without my cheats. I don't have a ton of gaming time and I like to just get to it without the grind of working up skills, etc. My Sims live in nice houses (never under $150K with the latest hacienda style horse ranch chiming in at almost $300K) and I always max out their handiness skills because who has constantly broken toilets? Not even somebody living in the cheapest of backwoods slums has a toilet that breaks on every use.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Nice updates everyone! I've been busy with school for quite some time, but I managed to finish writing Chapter 13 of The Grey Witches

Part II – Chapter 13 Another One Bites the Dust

Riding in wild horses is tough, and Taïga is not the only one who bites the dust. Derek tries to convince her to stop, but under the native horse whisperer Tate’s supervision, she finally bonds with the little paint mare, Sweet Thing.
    Happy simming!
    thegreywitches-part02-13-05.jpg
    thegreywitches-part02-13-16.jpg
    thegreywitches-part02-13-19.jpg
    thegreywitches-part02-13-05c.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    jillbg wrote: »

Riding in wild horses is tough, and Taïga is not the only one who bites the dust. Derek tries to convince her to stop, but under the native horse whisperer Tate’s supervision, she finally bonds with the little paint mare, Sweet Thing.

Aww, so cute!
    Also, you have Tate Curley! I just love all these Appaloosa people. (Appaloosians?)

My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Options
    @jillbg I love the look on the face of the guy in the background, that's one epic scowling pout.

I think I found a world that might work for me. Victoria Isles II by Judy Sims. It's the empty version and it's flat and gorgeous. So excited, it only has two areas with bridges so I think I will stay away from them in case there are routing issues.

Anybody play this world?
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited March 2015
    Nory_05 wrote: »
    jillbg wrote: »

Aww, so cute!
    Also, you have Tate Curley! I just love all these Appaloosa people. (Appaloosians?)

@Nory_05 I love Appaloosa Plains more and more! Otherwise my favorite EA world is Twinbrook! And Monte Vista for the light, and Sunlit Tides for the perfect honeymoon Holiday feeling (and the surfers! Who can resist surfers?) In my story, The Grey Witches, Tate Curley's a native American horse whisperer. He's come to help out locate and then train the wild Mustangs captured for the APYR youth program...

@jillbg I love the look on the face of the guy in the background, that's one epic scowling pout.

I think I found a world that might work for me. Victoria Isles II by Judy Sims. It's the empty version and it's flat and gorgeous. So excited, it only has two areas with bridges so I think I will stay away from them in case there are routing issues.

Anybody play this world?
    @LokiSimsies Yeah, that one's Derek, and he's an epic scowler! He's the dark brooding kind you hate because he gets on your nerves and at the same time loves because he does just that! ;)
    I haven't played Victoria Isles II but it seems to be a very complete world. Just for information: I will put Twin Towns up on the exchange before the end of the month!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    BeorthedogBeorthedog Posts: 33 Member
    > @LokiSimsies said:
    > Beorthedog wrote: »
    >
    > Okay- I'm gonna try to make a Sims game and NOT USE CHEATS :P Wish me luck!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You don't need luck, you need a drink. Have some nectar. LOL
    >
    > I could never play without my cheats. I don't have a ton of gaming time and I like to just get to it without the grind of working up skills, etc. My Sims live in nice houses (never under $150K with the latest hacienda style horse ranch chiming in at almost $300K) and I always max out their handiness skills because who has constantly broken toilets? Not even somebody living in the cheapest of backwoods slums has a toilet that breaks on every use.

Haha. But I can't legally have nectar :P (NOT GIVING AWAY AGE JUST SAYING)
    I just got promoted to a member :P
    I'm a TOTAL newby to the sims, and I suck at building houses.
    I wanna become a comic book artist someday :D
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @LikeSimsies-I took a look at the new world.
    @jillbg-I was your post in the other thread.
    Here's more of the intro tour of Evermore,Maine in the spring of 1635.
    Here's both the main floor and basement of the library and future school.
    16837078321_18976e475c.jpg
    16215798404_73e48f17b4.jpg
    Here's the site of the festival hall before it got placed there.
    16837027292_b336774718.jpg
    Here's the site of Garden House before the building was put down.
    16838167235_ffd1d7a898.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to remove my endorsement of Victoria Isles. It contains lots that when you download them from the exchange have the Arezzo Counters in them. The world does not seem to be corrupted. It is the lots when obtained through the exchange page that are corrupted. However, I don't feel comfortable saying "get this world" since there is still that niggling little question mark since I know for a fact that three of the houses in the version of that world that contains the builds has the counters in them (when the houses are downloaded from the exchange).

It's a gorgeous world and I have the empty version.

It does not seem to have the counters in them since I checked my game and no counters. I just wanted to put it out there so if anybody decides to get that world? They know there is a slight risk.
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
  • Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    Hey guys, I need some opinions on which gaming system that I'll use for the teenager's room in the house that I was working on. (Yes, it's the very same house that I gave you a tour of a while ago! I'm just giving the house a makeover, or something like that.)

Sims3GamingSystems_zpsdhfx12ij.png

I numbered each gaming system just cause... you know. Anyway the gaming systems are numbered as following:
    1. ExoEdge Gaming System by ReliableWare
    2. Maxoid Game Simulator 2 1/2
    3. Screaming Shadow Gaming Console
    4. Console 7

So, tell me, which of these would looks good in front of the TV shown in the picture? Personally, I like 1, 2, and 3. But I'm so tore between these three that I'm not sure which one to use.
  • Options
    alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2016
    He died and his wife is pregnant!

03-18-15_9-03nbspPM_zps1x2ac7kq.png

Thank god, he is back to life xD

03-18-15_9-05nbspPM-2_zpsca7zmqjl.png
    Post edited by alexandra5 on
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    ...So, tell me, which of these would looks good in front of the TV shown in the picture? Personally, I like 1, 2, and 3. But I'm so tore between these three that I'm not sure which one to use.
    I kind of like # 3 because the black isn't so dark, matches the item in the crate more. But they're all similar--except for shape.

I have about half a dozen of these consoles now, and I've always wondered if they work differently from each other. Does anyone know if one console is better than the others (function-wise)?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys, I need some opinions on which gaming system that I'll use for the teenager's room in the house that I was working on. (Yes, it's the very same house that I gave you a tour of a while ago! I'm just giving the house a makeover, or something like that.)

Sims3GamingSystems_zpsdhfx12ij.png

I numbered each gaming system just cause... you know. Anyway the gaming systems are numbered as following:
    1. ExoEdge Gaming System by ReliableWare
    2. Maxoid Game Simulator 2 1/2
    3. Screaming Shadow Gaming Console
    4. Console 7

So, tell me, which of these would looks good in front of the TV shown in the picture? Personally, I like 1, 2, and 3. But I'm so tore between these three that I'm not sure which one to use.

For me # 2 seems to fit the feel of that tv more (seems more retro).

@lanlyn I'm not sure since my Sims are not allowed anything that increase their nerd skill. I loath the "berate ignorance" thing they do. It's so rude and makes me angry when they pull it on a spouse or one of their children.
  • Options
    ACB44 wrote: »
    What are Arezzo counters @LokiSimsies ?

Arezzo counters....if you have to ask then consider yourself lucky.

Long story short...a well meaning custom content creator made a mistake when she made the counters. They wound up infesting everything and attaching themselves to all these different lots and Sims. It was pretty far reaching. She eventually fixed the counters and you can get the good ones and they are fine. Problem is that some older builds (the three that I found that had the counters were created in 2012) are still infested. If I hadn't checked with Custard? They could have wound up in my game and then I could have spread it on to somebody else (if I shared my builds.. which I don't....so that's sort of irrelevant, lol).
  • Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    edited March 2015
    @LokiSimsies Hmmm.. I see what you mean about # 2 making the TV looks more retro.
    @lanlyn I see... Although, I don't know what each gaming console's function do and how long they will last. (Do gaming consoles breaks just like any other electronic devices? I may be wrong about this.)

Hmm... I'll wait and see what others have to say about this.
    Post edited by CoolBlueJay902 on
  • Options
    I tried to find a custom world for my Monte Vista sims. I'm having a heck of a time finding a home for them. They're so specific being all Hispanic or Italian and horse lovers/owners.

So....I gave up for the moment and have started making over Midnight Hollow. I've never played that world. I've sat on it for a very long time because it's so dark and I didn't know what to do with it. Now, I'm finally inspired enough to give it a go.

Anybody play in there? Thoughts?

I'm killing off all the pre-mades and replacing them with interesting fictional characters (Lost Boys, Interview with a Vampire, that type). I'm going to play a writer who moves into the town because she's going to use the citizens as inspiration for her book (so may have her be a journalist first so she "interviews" them....).
  • Options
    BeorthedogBeorthedog Posts: 33 Member
    Is there any way to set your Sim's child's school?
    I just got promoted to a member :P
    I'm a TOTAL newby to the sims, and I suck at building houses.
    I wanna become a comic book artist someday :D
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I wanted to show you guys Midnight Hollow after I added 4 new mods to address the dark gloom. I'm pretty happy with the results. It still maintains that creepy vibe but I can actually see! Now, I'm going into each lot and adding some color. All black interiors make it impossible to see anything inside.

TS3W%202015-03-19%2022-00-42-03_zpsnvnmkntj.png

Screenshot-4_zpsfwdyhn6o.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpsisopbbbp.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps1mgrtu6f.jpg

@LaBlue0314 tagging you because I know in another thread you had mentioned how dark MH is how you also haven't played it because of the darkness.

ETA the mods if anybody is interested (you have to take out the lighting mod when playing in another world unless you want it to have that vibrant red sunset/sunrise)

Brnt Waffles Midnight Dream Lighting Mod 2.0 RHwater

Shimrods Midnight Hollow Terrain

MH defoliated trees lighter (oh oh....I forgot to bookmark who made this! I found it by Googling Midnight Hollow Lighting Fix and it was in a thread at the old forum)

MH plant overrides (same note as above)
  • Options
    @LokiSimsies I like the look of your Midnight Hollow. I made changes to my world as well. I used the plant overrides. I initially used the lighting mod too, but decided to pull it out because it changed all the other worlds I played. I didn't want to have to keep switching out the mod every time I played because I tend to rotate through my different worlds.

I didn't use the terrain or defoliated trees. What I ended up doing was tedious! I went into every lot. EVERY LOT. Replaced the dead trees with haunted leafy types. I didn't take out any of the dead trees that weren't on lots because I didn't want to mess up the world routing, so there are still a bunch of those left. Maybe I should check out that lighter defoliated trees mod for what's left.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Beorthedog wrote: »
    Is there any way to set your Sim's child's school?
    You mean choose which school they go to? If you have Generations, you can choose which boarding school they go to. But otherwise, there's only one school in each world. I suppose you could install another school, but probably would have to have a mod to regulate it. Not sure. I've never tried it.
    ... @lanlyn I'm not sure since my Sims are not allowed anything that increase their nerd skill. I loath the "berate ignorance" thing they do. It's so rude and makes me angry when they pull it on a spouse or one of their children.
    You and me both. It's too bad about that interaction because it cuts down on social networking options and a possible new career choice. :/
  • Options
    @Beorthedog-It can be done with using NRaas Mods if you have enough of them which is the case for me since I've got 84 NRaas Mod files and can set children to be homeschooled or make them change schools in later stages when the town gets bigger and has multiple schools.
    Here's the third installment of the intro tour of Evermore,Maine in 1635.
    Here's the main floor of Garden House.
    16837054862_142a27cb1a.jpg
    Here's the basement of Garden House.
    16218234643_e7a0641d2c.jpg
    Here's the graveyard and mausoleum which is in the basement.
    16650617288_e192fb0705.jpg
    Here's the lot the first family is moving to with a mailbox,trash bin,fire alarm and burglar alarm.
    16838160025_cc504fcba8.jpg
    I added a table with two chairs and two laptops for 1$ each.There's two broom stands with two brooms and two sleeping bags.
    16650802500_589f8ee142.jpg
    I added two iPads and took a daytime picture.It will cost them 11000$ to buy their home.
    16630860987_d6878b8af8.jpg
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I added a table with two chairs and two laptops for 1$ each.
    Laptops for 1 simoleon each! Man, where do I get THOSE? A mod?
  • Options
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @LokiSimsies I like the look of your Midnight Hollow. I made changes to my world as well. I used the plant overrides. I initially used the lighting mod too, but decided to pull it out because it changed all the other worlds I played. I didn't want to have to keep switching out the mod every time I played because I tend to rotate through my different worlds.

I didn't use the terrain or defoliated trees. What I ended up doing was tedious! I went into every lot. EVERY LOT. Replaced the dead trees with haunted leafy types. I didn't take out any of the dead trees that weren't on lots because I didn't want to mess up the world routing, so there are still a bunch of those left. Maybe I should check out that lighter defoliated trees mod for what's left.

And.....I've already abandoned Midnight Hollow. It's just too much work, lol. Plus, I want to give that new custom world Evermore that @TadOlson keeps talking about a try. My mind is a bit fixated with that at the moment.
  • Options
    @lanlyn-It's CC from TSR and it's usually in Sims 3 Packs from a set though I'm using it converted to package files.
    @LokiSimsies-I've played live mode in Evermore and they've lived there for two days and still have no house on their lot.
  • Options
    When I went to Burnt Waffles site yesterday to get the lighting mod for Midnight Hollow, I saw that she had a new mod out.

It is called Sweet FX. What it does is that it gives Sims 3 the same vibrant look as Sims 4. I am trying it out. At first, I got confused because the instructions are not clear. It crashed my launcher, so I tried again. You have to put the entire FX folder into your game bin folder (the instructions read as if you place the contents of the FX folder into your bin folder but you don't....you put the folder and everything in it).

So, I launch Twinbrook and MY GAWD!! It looks gorgeous. I'm so excited. It's like playing a new game or something because the colors are so vibrant and it makes all the "old" worlds look fresh and new.

I highly recommend getting this mod. There are different levels. I have a high end gaming rig so I got the high settings (which is what Burnt W uses in her images). There are lower settings for those with less powerfule devices. There is even a setting for those who don't want it as bright.

I'll share images later. Only have a little bit of play time today and I'm spending it testing out some new mods that I found.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top