Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on Goth makeover?

L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Today the SDX was a makeover for the Goth family.
Morty has Vlad's speedo and I don't know how I feel about it...
S9V2dkb.png
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    I'm cool with it. I rarely play the premades or keep up with the lore. They're just background characters.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Some things are better left unsaid
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't feel anyway towards it. I like my makeover of them better and will continue to use mine. I've remade most of the premades to match their sims 2 counterparts.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 189 Member
    Incomplete, where are likes and dislikes? New hairstyles look worse.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member
    It... requires time for me to get used to it...

But it would be great to see likes and dislikes added to them too...
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    Can anyone tell me if they updated their traits and aspirations? They were kinda wonky in the Sims 4 Base Game.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited May 2022
    P5WNYEz.jpg

Alexander: Looks okay, he looks really bad when aged up though.
    Cassandra: Looks okay.
    Mortimer: The one I actually kinda like. I think this look suits him.
    Bella: Don't like it, the old look of Bella is iconic. This one maybe feels more like she was in the older games but this Bella had been around for 8 years.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    4zuPvey.png
    pkS3zqX.png
    3j8VyB8.png
    They do not appear to override chosen makeovers and start in a new save however they are way too off from the goths we've had so I don't consider them the goths anymore and will delete them more freely now. That is they look fine as any other family.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    however they are way too off from the goths we've had so I don't consider them the goths anymore and will delete them more freely now. That is they look fine as any other family.
    Exactly! I just can't see them as the goths. I might rename them and move them into Newcrest or something though.

ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Mmhmm I mean if anyone likes them I guess they might look a little more like how they could have been straight ts2 to ts4 but uh if I do use them I'm moving them and they can be the Thompson....Stevens family or just about anything else.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited May 2022
    Morty has Vlad's speedo and I don't know how I feel about it...
    Maybe they were having a pool party :innocent:

Don't really like the new versions I'll just keep my own I just feel like kiddos could do with more detailed faces and bella is kind of too normalized to really feel like legendary bella goth and Mortys face shape is off cause they forgot he has cute puffy cheeks even as grandpa in ts2 and this is way too nonpuffy of him

does it look like gothic family? yeah
    does it look like the goth family? not really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like Bella, Mortimer, and Cassandra. Alexander though....

YA-elder Cassandra should have received a new hairstyle and definitely a new outfit, but other than that I like her new look too.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The old Goths were fine and looked much like their sims 1 counter parts. The only thing they had to fix was Bella and Cassandra needed a tanner skin tone.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    Mmhmm I mean if anyone likes them I guess they might look a little more like how they could have been straight ts2 to ts4 but uh if I do use them I'm moving them and they can be the Thompson....Stevens family or just about anything else.

That's how subjective these things are, because aside from Alexander I thought the new versions were Improvements. We all have our tastes.😁
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,747 Member
    edited May 2022
    So, we complained for 8 years that the Goths don’t look like their TS2 counterparts and were “whitewashed” (not ethnically accurate). Are we now complaining that they don’t look like TS4 Goths and are too accurate? Because, either way, we do have CAS on our side.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited May 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    So, we complained for 8 years that the Goths don’t look like their TS2 counterparts and were “whitewashed” (not ethnically accurate). Are we now complaining that they don’t look like TS4 Goths and are too accurate? Because, either way, we do have CAS on our side.

These makeovers was always going to divide the community... There will be those that will like the redesign, and those that don't like it, even if you can replace them in CAS.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I like Bella and Mortimer, Cassandra is ok although the hair isnt great. Alexander looks weird though, not a fan of that one.
    TBH I rarely play the Goths...its the thought of having to make over that uglya*s house puts me off of them!LOL
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    Mortimer had the best upgrade imo. Cass' skintone is off (Bella's too) but otherwise it's fine.

Alexander's skintone change felt unecessary but I'm not against it. He does now look Indian/SA to me though. Especially when older. And again, devs don't check how kids age up in advance. Ah well.

Bella - mixed feelings overall. There are some things I like about it, but it's not the direction I would've gone in. Not a huge deal tho. The biggest issue in her previous version was the whitewashing.
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    The words I want to say I can't say it on here aren't good words Haha!
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I personally don't really get the point of these makeovers, but in the end it has no affect on me or my game. In the relatively rare cases where I do allow any pre-mades to stay in my saves, I tend to customize them myself anyway, so... it doesn't matter to me.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member
    Yay Bella has a more accurate skintone!

Boo everything else.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    They should have updated their traits and likes & dislikes.

As far as their appearances, I think Mortimer looks the best, he looks more distinguished. Bella looks fine, but I'd rather if she wore her iconic red dress. Cassandra and Alexander look OK.

I think this update is rather pointless since they didn't update their likes/ dislikes and give them any preexisting relationships in the neighborhood.
    I also don't why it took so long.
  • Options
    mangosimoothiemangosimoothie Posts: 5 New Member
    Mort is giving Gomez vibes, kinda love that
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2022
    They look great! I will say Bella should've kept her original dress.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Can anyone tell me if they updated their traits and aspirations? They were kinda wonky in the Sims 4 Base Game.

They did not unfortunately :'(