May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Quickly Get a Sim Enraged?

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,113 Member
For a story I want the lead character to have a cardiac explosion (death by anger) I originally used MCCC to give him the enraged buff, yes he died from it but cheating wasn't the way to do it. I rolled back to the previous save and I had him have an affair behind his wife's back and caught by his spouse. They constantly fought until both relationship bars were in the red. Eventually the lead character got angry but other emotions such as confident from winning fights and embarrassed from awkward conversations kept cancelling out his anger.

What other ways can I get this lead character enraged?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Give the sim the hot-headed trait, use angry paintings and a selfie taken when angry and just make sure you don't have things around that give them "happy" moodlets to counteract it (like decor, clean laundry, etc.)
    There's also a recipe for making sims angry which a sim can make at cooking level 4 if you get them angry and a drink at mixology level 2; preparing those ahead of time will allow you to stack onto angry moods to help counteract any positives.

If you have Spa Day, do something for a few hours with the sim ahead of time that gives them the ability to surge emotions, which lets you pick the emotion you want the sim to enter. Painting works well for this.

Have the sim pursue the acting skill/career, and they can get angry by choice at will.

Seeing as you are just trying to tell a story, one thing a lot of simmers also do is use UI Cheats extensions so they can right click to remove the mood buffs they don't want.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    My high maintenance sims love to die of rage.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I have a mod (which I am not allowed to discuss). Basically, my sim woohoos with a married sim's wife right in front of him. I've had 3 die of rage so far....
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I use a mod called Storytelling Socials that adds a lot of fun social interactions with moodlets. I've had Sims cheat and get into an argument and use mean socials from this mod that led to death by anger very easily... sometimes accidently.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I suggest the mean vibe lot trait.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    I did originally kill him with rage via MCCC by adding the enraged moodlet but it says underneath "You cheated to get this moodlet" and the death didn't seem natural for the story.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Get the emotionally mindful to "fine +10" and have him surge anger.

Get into arguments. Get cheated on.

Hot head and high maintenance are great traits to have for anger.

Have him dislike something and then force him to do it.

Dislikes cooking and holiday music or whatever. Turn on the radio and force him to cook. That'll usually turn from tense to anger.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    In addition to what others have already shared, if you have the Digital Deluxe upgrade, it came with 'Awesome Animal Hats.' There's an Angry Lion hat your Sims can wear to get angry. Also, if you had TS3 and got the emotion lights/lamps, I'm guessing there might be one for anger. I never played TS3 so I'm not sure about that one, but thought I'd mention it. :)

Also, I saved this link to a thread on Carl's Sims 4 website a long time ago that has come in handy to me many times. It gives a list of every emotion and how to get your Sims in that emotion. It's an old thread though with mostly ideas to use from the base game, but thought I'd mention it anyway. :)

Emotions and Items/Actions That Influence Them
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I've tried several times in the past for a sim to get enraged so i can experience the cardiac explosion death however, when i've got sims angry their moodlet is either between 2+3 anger points.

I once cheated the enraged moodlet on my sim self's first born son Tommy with MCCC but the moodlet tells you have cheated to get this emotion and it didn't feel right so i removed it and he still died after i removed it.

What interactions can you do to get sims enraged?

Tommy's death in 1985:
    Qk1XYFM.png

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    Fight is one, pretty much anything mean that you do helps. Maybe the voodoo doll. I had to have a sim make someone die for a criminal aspiration he just fought an elder a few times, then when I was thinking it hadn’t worked, down the elder went and Grim came.
  • Options

I had forgotten about that one! I was curious when my teen sim came home enraged from school yesterday so I was intrigued again. Mods can close this thread!

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,095 Member
    I figured you had. First thing I do when someone asks a question is to Google it. This time, as has happened in the past, it lead me right back to the forum. 😄
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top