Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New traits idea

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking about the lack of new traits and would like to share some ideas I had whilst I was dreaming.

‘Bossy’. These Sims like to tell others what to do. Giving their opinion on everything. They dislike the lazy trait and have the ability to ‘nag’ those that do! They often are at conflict with leaders of clubs and their own work boss.

‘Surfer Sim’. Sims with this trait prioritise fun activities regarding water. Often ignoring needs to surf, swim or build sandcastles. Going on a boat or jet ski gives them an extra happiness buff.

‘Teary Eyed’. Sims with this trait need to have a good cry. They can watch a good romance film or show. Sweet interactions set them off. They get emotional at weddings and can sob loudly if they know the couple well. They have tissues to hand which is just as well.

‘Loud’. Sims with this trait do not make good neighbours! They can yell across the street. All music they play is 25% louder. As their voices carry, even Sims far away can hear them in the active residential zone. Rather than sing they shout out songs and have the ability to hog all microphones at bars and lounges. Proper, Good and Family Oriented Sims react negatively to Loud Sims.
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,115 Member
    "Heavy sleeper" this sim will never wake up until the energy need bar is up to 80%

"Light sleeper" this sim will wake up with nearby noises.

"Weather enjoyer" this sim will enjoy rain, snow, lighting strikes and other weather events
  • Options
    ItsMeThatGuyItsMeThatGuy Posts: 305 Member
    Love to add a trait called "Lucky" in rewards store for 8000 satisfaction.

Sim will be better with all careers, fights and all actions that can fail will be moderately lower. Love your idea!
    I am NOT part of anything in EA and I'm just a player. I try my best to answer questions in the Sims forums, and showing info about the Sims, even posting answers and thoughts of feedback! I have been playing the Sims 4 for 2 years.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Some of my Sims would love to have that 'Bossy' trait you came up with.

I would add a 'Gruff' trait. This Sim is not too keen on overly friendly interactions, and he might sound a bit harsh when telling the neighbourhood kids to stay off his lawn (though he has the option to tell any unwelcome visitor to take a hike). But he cares about his close friends, even if he only shows it with approving grunts and stoic nods. Even when he's happy, he'll keep a reserved mood.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Some of my Sims would love to have that 'Bossy' trait you came up with.

I would add a 'Gruff' trait. This Sim is not too keen on overly friendly interactions, and he might sound a bit harsh when telling the neighbourhood kids to stay off his lawn (though he has the option to tell any unwelcome visitor to take a hike). But he cares about his close friends, even if he only shows it with approving grunts and stoic nods. Even when he's happy, he'll keep a reserved mood.

Thanks, I would love my Sims to have a bossy trait! 😁 Pick up that plate, no slouching! Lazy Sims could avoid them! 😂.

I love the idea of your ‘gruff’ trait. I like the idea of shooing people away from the lot but close friends are considered okay.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    lebgirl_18lebgirl_18 Posts: 142 Member
    Why is there no shy trait? I want that in my game, not just as a mod.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited March 2022
    Calm
    These sims are tend to be fine. They'll randomly have "Feeling Fine" moodlet and less emotional, their emotion also fade faster. They rarely autonomously use emotion-related interactions.

Mild
    These sims are less angry. They look friendly, but different from real friendly, this may be just superficial (that is it doesn't conflict with mean).

Hasty
    These sims tend to complete tasks quickly but the results tend to be worse. They're easily tense when doing trivial things, unless have relevant traits (such as performing household chores but have neat trait).

Unintelligent
    These sims are obviously having trouble with logic. Their logic skills grow slowly, do things that require intelligence more slowly and have a higher failure rate. It doesn't mean they're bad at everything, they may be creative or something like this.

Hardcore
    These sims respond very positively to sensory thrill. They like to watch horror movies, play haunted houses, or something like this, these will make them happy. But they won't necessarily like real danger.

Homebody
    These sims like being at home, dislike going out of home and hard to ask out. They're happy at home and tense when they're outside for a long time.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns