Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs randomly added

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
edited February 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I used James Turner’s disable packs to prepare for My Wedding Stories. I disabled Snowy Escapes and Paranormal as they are the least used at present.

As I was going through my saves to update them to present packs (minus SE and PS) I kept getting messages to restart.

Then I got another notice saying some packs that I didn’t reinstall previously were being added. I don’t understand why Origin started downloading other packs.
I’ve got Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen, Moschino Stuff, Perfect Patio and Luxury Party. Why? 😡🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️. Why can’t we remove packs we don’t ever want again. I can bury a jumper I no longer wear but I can’t ever stop Origin putting packs in I don’t want?
Thankfully I stopped the expansion packs going in!

The last time this happened was when I took Sims 4 out completely and added it back minus Eco Lifestyle. That was a long night. Two hours then as I was playing I got notices packs were being added. I had to reinstall again and catch Origin before it could put everything back in!

I didn’t want to do a complete reinstall this times due to the patch size. So did disable packs.
I’ve used the disable pack command before on Batuu and Fitness and it’s never done a reinstall of other packs.

I didn’t want it to add any packs! 😡🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞