Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Open World Preview Mod by Arnie - The Sims Plus

This guy is awesome and this mod is awesome and it needs more attention so here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV5lD4DwnM4&pp=wgIECgIIAQ%3D%3D
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Wait, that mod exists? :) Do you have the link?
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Wait, that mod exists? :) Do you have the link?

I think it's still in development but early access will be coming soon
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    Yes it's incredible! And he's creating a CAW that will work with the TOOL mod, so I'm very exited about it.
    Creating worlds is about the only thing I absolutely LOVE doing in the sims!
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would love this. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I see no mods at all available on this creators patreon, but I sure do see a whole lot of months old posts locked behind becoming a patreon. Is this guy breaking the EA TOS by never releasing to the public or am I just blind?
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited August 2020
    I just watched his video that was released on Aug 11th and I love it. This guy is really talented and I look forward to seeing more of his programming/content.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited August 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    I see no mods at all available on this creators patreon, but I sure do see a whole lot of months old posts locked behind becoming a patreon. Is this guy breaking the EA TOS by never releasing to the public or am I just blind?

No, nothing is done yet. He's just updating about his progress. His mods are becoming available to the public.
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I'm very, VERY sceptical about this.

My prediction is that this mod will work like a larger version of the open areas in San Myshuno. But it will have one PROPER lot loaded at any given time, with all the limitations that come from this. For example, only a maximum of 20 will be spawned. Imagine only 20 Sims for such large areas? It'll be a ghost town.

The game simply cannot have more than one lot loaded at any given time. This is a limitation of the engine, and mods can only do so much. I hope people aren't expecting an open world like the one in The Sims 3 because it's not happening. It's impossible without reworking the engine from the ground up.
  • Options
    Naus wrote: »

My prediction is that this mod will work like a larger version of the open areas in San Myshuno. But it will have one PROPER lot loaded at any given time, with all the limitations that come from this. For example, only a maximum of 20 will be spawned. Imagine only 20 Sims for such large areas? It'll be a ghost town.

The game simply cannot have more than one lot loaded at any given time. This is a limitation of the engine, and mods can only do so much. I hope people aren't expecting an open world like the one in The Sims 3 because it's not happening. It's impossible without reworking the engine from the ground up.

Arnie has reiterated that it won't work like in TS3. He's very adamant about it, so if people expect more, that's on them, really.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020

Sadly yes. I subscribed to him back in April because I loved his better maps project but then he seemed to abandon the project half way through, it's been months and they're still locked on his Patreon and now all he does is brag about how he's done this and that but he never releases anything at all.
    EYYdFGNXsAAWk9l.jpg

There's maps for around half the worlds but since then the series has just been ditched. They've been locked on his Patreon for 4 months now, I've tried to contact him to let him know it's against the rules but he's just blanked me on it multiple times even though he answers every other comment. Especially frustrating for me is that a few days after my subscription ended the EL patch came in with the map upgrades which broke the maps I had downloaded from him.

The maps are the only things downloadable on his Patreon. The rest is just months and months of bragging that he can do this and that yet absolutely nothing is getting put out

I really liked his maps and was excited to download them. Just a shame about who the creator is, I wouldn't subscribe to him again since he's breaking the rules and just spends his entire time bragging. He makes over 700 dollars a month from Patreon yet he can't be bothered to finish projects or make stuff publically available. If anyone knows if his stuff is on any downwithpatreon type sites please lmk!
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Sadly yes. I subscribed to him back in April because I loved his better maps project but then he seemed to abandon the project half way through, it's been months and they're still locked on his Patreon and now all he does is brag about how he's done this and that but he never releases anything at all.
    EYYdFGNXsAAWk9l.jpg

There's maps for around half the worlds but since then the series has just been ditched. They've been locked on his Patreon for 4 months now, I've tried to contact him to let him know it's against the rules but he's just blanked me on it multiple times even though he answers every other comment. Especially frustrating for me is that a few days after my subscription ended the EL patch came in with the map upgrades which broke the maps I had downloaded from him.

The maps are the only things downloadable on his Patreon. The rest is just months and months of bragging that he can do this and that yet absolutely nothing is getting put out

I really liked his maps and was excited to download them. Just a shame about who the creator is, I wouldn't subscribe to him again since he's breaking the rules and just spends his entire time bragging. He makes over 700 dollars a month from Patreon yet he can't be bothered to finish projects or make stuff publically available. If anyone knows if his stuff is on any downwithpatreon type sites please lmk!

@Onverser Oh the tea!
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

EYYdFGNXsAAWk9l.jpg

@Onverser Oh the tea!

Thankyou for the information. What a shame that such a person is getting reviews and praise both here and from gamechanger reviews.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 925 Member
    npc control maker was doing same thing
  • Options
    The Sims Plus said on his twitter his Pro Build Mode mod will be available for free next week, so let's wait and see. If he doesn't open this one up, I guess it's clear.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    The Sims Plus said on his twitter his Pro Build Mode mod will be available for free next week, so let's wait and see. If he doesn't open this one up, I guess it's clear.

We'll see. If he doesn't release anything by then maybe he should just stick to writing songs.
  • Options
    sasdebisasdebi Posts: 1 New Member
    The mod of Arnie do not work and even more about this is it clash your original sims so bad that you loose all your stuff in your game and have to reinstall the whole thing to fix every issues that come with this mod. I don't understand why you would work on other mods when your original one have so many issues that are not yet fix. We have to stop giving this person credit when in the first place it is not working properly.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    sasdebi wrote: »
    The mod of Arnie do not work and even more about this is it clash your original sims so bad that you loose all your stuff in your game and have to reinstall the whole thing to fix every issues that come with this mod. I don't understand why you would work on other mods when your original one have so many issues that are not yet fix. We have to stop giving this person credit when in the first place it is not working properly.

Not to talk bad about him. He's obviously good at what he does but he's all hype. I see people praising him left and right saying EA COULD NEVER! YOU SAVED THE GAME. And such things
    But he literally makes mods showcases them, they are super glitchy then he moves on. And starts showing the next best thing.
    I'm still wondering what happen to his swimming in all worlds mod.... I feel like simmers are blinded by desperation.

Even his open world mod is another Batu and you can't live there and it's full of rabbit holes. EA gets trashed for it but he gets praised for it 😐 and Batu will not mess up your entire save with glitches
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    sasdebi wrote: »

Not to talk bad about him. He's obviously good at what he does but he's all hype. I see people praising him left and right saying EA COULD NEVER! YOU SAVED THE GAME. And such things
    But he literally makes mods showcases them, they are super glitchy then he moves on. And starts showing the next best thing.
    I'm still wondering what happen to his swimming in all worlds mod.... I feel like simmers are blinded by desperation.

Even his open world mod is another Batu and you can't live there and it's full of rabbit holes. EA gets trashed for it but he gets praised for it 😐 and Batu will not mess up your entire save with glitches

This is so true.
  • Options
    SigmundSigmund Posts: 25 Member
    Naus wrote: »

Yeah, I watched his overview and from what I can tell, it's basically one large lot that you can visit. You can't live there, but you can sort of simulate having an apartment by locking doors.

The ghost town concern also sounds like a real possibility with the way TS4 works. IIRC, TS3 sort of tracked where your sims were and sent other sims there to make it look busier. Here, the game is going to see everything as the same lot, so you're going to have sims spread out all over the place.

Unfortunately, I just don't see an open world being an easy thing to fake with TS4. I think we just have to take it for what it is, and if players want an open world, they can try TS3.
  • Options
    TwelfthDoctor1TwelfthDoctor1 Posts: 31 Member
    Talking about Open World, to be seriously honest, Sims 4 will not have the same things as the Sims 3. Most Worlds are split up into different neighbourhoods which has it own sandbox. The only worlds that offer a neighbourhood in a world is Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook.

When I saw that open world, I find it very skeptical as the mod may sound like a good idea at first but when you see it, I feel like it is not what you would get like the Sims 3. The reason why the idea failed from the start for me is that it MODIFIES a world, changing a game file can be very risky, and not only that, once its changed your other saves will be affected as well. I know that you can use the Origin repair tool, but frankly I'm against it.

Next, talking about Pro Build, I have looked at its mod files and its about overriding and adding some features. I find that the only useful feature of the entire mod is the extra detail of putting items on the wall. The rest may seem like a good idea at first, but it feels it doesn't fit in to the game like the Sims 3.

And lastly, hiding content behind a paywall and saying that its free soon without change is not right, and sometimes when you back for that person, you sometimes want to get back thing that is of advertised. As a modder, I make my mods free because I feel that people deserve to use my mods that does something and not be behind a paywall, even for testing I wouldn't want to put things behind a paywall, as people deserve better.

If you really want the concept of Open World, as what the person above said, get the Sims 3, it will have everything that will give you the Open World concept, especially CARS.