May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No trash to rummage

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2021
    It could very well be broken. But someone (you) making a bug report doesn't prove it's broken. And they generally ask for saves because they're having trouble reproducing it from their end. I'm only pointing out the possibility that it's working as intended (because they changed rummage behavior in the patch,) and you now have to stay on the lot longer to generate trash.

But I can't be sure about that since you don't have the expansion and may be experiencing something different.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,001 Member
    I find trash always appears in the dumpster if I take a nap on the bench after arrival at the lot 😎 just takes a little time and makes the freegans extra happy
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    @mightysprite what about trash cans in the neighborhoods?

I'm on a blocking spreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Whoopee.
  • Options
    Reddit post of other people having the no trash to rummage bug since the patch summer 2020 https://reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/hd7ny8/sims_4_no_fresh_trash_to_rummage_issue/
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    disregard posted in wrong area
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,071 Member
    Regular trash bins on community lots are working fine for me thus far, I'm able to rummage through them within a short while of playing on the lot. I have the EL pack installed in my game. So I wonder, have you noticed if this rummage problem is only happening for people that don't have EL installed? That might help to narrow down what type of issue the devs need to look into.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Regular trash bins on community lots are working fine for me thus far, I'm able to rummage through them within a short while of playing on the lot. I have the EL pack installed in my game. So I wonder, have you noticed if this rummage problem is only happening for people that don't have EL installed? That might help to narrow down what type of issue the devs need to look into.

@AncientMuse people with EL aren't having an issue that I know of. People like me who do not have the pack are having an issue.