The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your process for uploading lots to the gallery?

I'm not much of a gallery person - I don't upload/download anything but I was thinking of changing that. So I made a cute house in my neighborhood which I thought I'd upload.
But I felt I shouldn't do it without play-testing it first. So I moved a sim in and play-tested it, but since it's winter now there's snow and snowmen all over the place and the thumbnails aren't so good. The sim also fills the place up with empty plates etc. which I assume I have to delete before uploading.
So at the moment I'm waiting for winter to end which will take days... so I can take a normal looking thumbnail picture. And I have to clean up the house from all the trash... the process seems frustrating to me :Dis there some more elegant and efficient way of getting play-tested lots on the gallery with nice thumbnails? Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have good news for you, no waiting is required! :) If you enter the lot in build mode through the map, it will give you the regular sunny/no weather thumbnails. Alternatively you could move the lot to a new save to get pictures in the weather you prefer (maybe you want rainy spring morning for example so start that save with spring).
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Before play-testing it, save the lot in its original perfect state in your library, and after doing the play test, upload the original copy that hasn't been played in.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,182 Member
    I have several build saves and I always build from manage worlds because of the weather. Play testing is usually done in a separate test save and I usually use MCCC to set the season and weather to my liking, as I always take pictures for my showcase when play testing. You could also just use cheats to change seasons, but since I already have MCCC in my game anyway, that works faster.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr