Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspiration help!

Does anyone know if there is a cheat to get rid of an aspiration or two. my sim came with completed aspirations. i like him so much i cant get rid of him just need to lose a few aspirations.

i'd really appreciate help here, dont really want to bother guru's. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    like, the traits for having an aspiration as the initial at character creation, the trait for finishing an aspiration, or just have started aspects of different aspirations but never completed any?

for the first two, it's pretty easy. you just use a cheat to remove those traits. it just requires knowing the name of the trait in the files (which isn't always the same as the displayed name of the trait).

i've had to do this a few times because of the cheat that lets you fully edit your sims, since it adds the initial trait of whatever aspiration the sim is on as if it were char creation and i tend to forget to swap their aspirations to their original before editing them. simsvip has a nice list of cheats and i believe it's sims community that i use for the proper spellings of all the reward traits
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    From another thread,
    The easiest way I can think of is take the sim to CAS, and create a twin. The twin won't have any of that stuff attached.

Though as pointed at in the same thread, the twins aren't always identical so you may need to try it a few times.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    empty him out of everything, hows this get rid of aspirations. this toon came completely skilled and hmm i suppose ill try that though, thanks.
  • Options
    i did that and he still has full aspirations on his aspiration card, there's got to be a cheat out there somewhere.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    i did that and he still has full aspirations on his aspiration card, there's got to be a cheat out there somewhere.

On the twin, or the original sim? The idea is to make a "twin" of the first sim, and just make the twin the new sim so they'll be completely blank, unless you did do that and the "twin" has the aspirations partially complete, which would be weird.
  • Options
    oh okqy ill go try that. ive never gotten a fully skilled sim since this one. but the sim is so perfect. i cant get rid of him. only sim that does exactly what i tell it to do. thanks for your help. ill let ya know if it works.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there are also cheats that will let you lower the skills (though 1 is the minimum via cheats instead of 0). on the same simsvip page i mentioned above

the twin thing is, by far, the easier to do, though. even with the chance that they're not identical. for twinning, what you want to do is go into cas, make a second sim related to the one in the household and ensure that you set it to 'sibling -- twin'. then, when you're satisfied with the twin (including carrying their eye color, hair style/color and outfits over...outfits can be forgotten sometimes, so remember them), you delete the original and rename the twin to the original's name...then pretend the twin is the original, since there's now no difference except the traits/skills

also, i get annoyed at all the 'fully skilled' sims that go up on the gallery without a warning. i get that some people want them, and have made use of a few in the past, myself. but at least list that in their description!