Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get objects to sit properly with MOO/0/9

When I try to MOO objects onto a counter, for example, if you zoom in, the items are almost always floating a smidge. If I hit 0 to lower it, the item is then sunken into the countertop. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground that actually equates to the height of the countertop (or table, or shelf, whatever). Is there a way to fine tune the elevation better than just 9 and 0?

Comments

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    When you have moo enabled, if you place an item on a surface and then you grab that object again, it will keep the elevation of the surface it was placed on. To avoid the item from sticking to a slot on the counter, you have to move away the counter, place that object where you want it with ALT and then move the counter back.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    @SiliClone Alright, placing blind is a little tedious but at least it's a solution! Thank you. <3
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it is a little tedious, but it's currently the only way to avoid the floating you've mentioned (which is annoying if you're using a larger object shrunk down since it won't snap to the surface and you'll get it floating, anyway). i do this a lot in many of my houses and it will sometimes take 20 minutes of just moving counters and the object around until i get it close to where i want, especially if it's something i'm trying to get next to a sink...
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    it is a little tedious, but it's currently the only way to avoid the floating you've mentioned (which is annoying if you're using a larger object shrunk down since it won't snap to the surface and you'll get it floating, anyway). i do this a lot in many of my houses and it will sometimes take 20 minutes of just moving counters and the object around until i get it close to where i want, especially if it's something i'm trying to get next to a sink...

Very true. I try to put the paper towels, the holder with the kitchen utensils, and the bowl of lemons on same counter and it's annoying doing it blind everytime but I make it happen because I like a house that looks somewhat real. Empty countertops are just something I can't do in my Sims houses. Same with bathroom clutter...especially with females. I put every makeup, nail polish, perfume options that are available just for realism but placing them all on counters is tricky at times.