The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Were starting funds increased with Seasons?

I have Seasons installed and I just started a new game with one young adult sims and he got 20K simoleans in starting funds. I don't remember it being this high before, I think it was either 16K or 18K before. Was there an increase in starting funds with Seasons? And how much was it before (in case I want to build a basegame starter)?
PDWxp40.jpg

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    Yes, it's always been 20K.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited August 2018
    No increase it always been 20K
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @Goldmoldar and @loubyloulou; I guess I haven't been very observant (and I use money cheats a lot). :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited August 2018
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Thanks @Goldmoldar and @loubyloulou; I guess I haven't been very observant (and I use money cheats a lot). :)

That's okay don't worry about it. :) You most welcome :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Yup, 20K.

We Legacy players are well familiar with it because there is a required starting value (1,800) and we have to go through very specific antics to get there without using the money cheat after buying either the 50x50 or the 64x64 lots.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I don't think I've ever started a sim family/game (except once) without a money cheat, @SimChessack. When I first started playing the Sims (Sims 2), I started with a self sim, no money cheat and no idea how to play. I ended up flat broke and the social bunny had to come over to see my sim since her social need was red. I've used money cheats ever since. I really respect everyone doing the Legacy challenge since it definitely is harder. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    Yeah Legacy Challenge you buy the biggest lot in the game for $10K, and then you buy an $8200K specific item to put into the family inventory and never take out (so you don't benefit from its +bonuses, but you get charged more tax). This leaves you with $1800 starting funds. Some people do the 'extreme start' and cheat that down to 0.

It's not so hard... My current Legacy house is now about $150K worth, 2 stories (though the 2nd is not furnished yet), etc. I find it super fun because it gives you goals (there is a whole spreadsheet to work out) rather than just open-ended playing.