The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i was pondering

Does anyone else talk to there sims while playing them? I seem to talk to my sims all the time my roommate thinks im funny. what about you do you talk to your sims?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    absolutely not lol
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    lol i especially talk to my vamps their the only sims that do what I tell 'em to do hahaha.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't want Bella Goth looking at me on the computer screen thinking I am a creep
  • Options
    Sky_SimsSky_Sims Posts: 26 Member
    Lol, I do sometimes. I'll either be like, "C'mon, you can do this girl!" or "What's is WRONG with you?! Put. The. Toddler. Down. Is it really THAT hard?! Just put her on the floor so you can get leftover pizza and not STARVE to death!" or maybe even "You stink.. Go get a shower."
    445e2271a2be47c31974bf3c0824c731.jpg

May your sims be beautiful, and your homes a sight. May you have the perfect sim - one who sleeps the whole night.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,311 Member
    I have been known to shout imprecations at them.
  • Options
    lol so have I and I get the toddler thingie put that kid in the high chair already. and ya I think naughty words too...
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I talk at them sometimes but I don't expect an answer. Sometimes I talk for them also usually in my head since I'm playing alone here. When I would play with my kids watching or visa-versa we would have the most fun talking out "thought" bubble conversations between sims, they would get pretty ridiculous.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Does anyone else talk to there sims while playing them? I seem to talk to my sims all the time my roommate thinks im funny. what about you do you talk to your sims?

Not all the time, but when they annoy me (singing even minutes after I've cancelled the action etc) I do tend to yell at them for being a bad sim. Rightfully so.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    No, I don't talk to them as such. It's more like a "What are you doing?" "NO, STOP THAT!" kind of thing when they do something really silly or foolish.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,960 Member
    Oh, I sometimes scold them when they totally ignore the queued interactions I took the time to set up. Mostly, though, I talk back to the television — I think I'm alone too much. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I tend to give them instructions "You go to the bathroom." "You go to bed" or the popular "Are YOU kidding me! No, silly Sim, I said to..."
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I talk to them using some very harsh language when they remove the toddler from the high chair before the toddler gets to eat their food.

Or when they annoy me. Or don't do what I've asked them to do.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    I love it, glad im not alone
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,317 Member
    I do. When they forget that I'm the one in charge.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Yes. I even shout at them. Really annoying habit. But at least my roomate has gotten used to it. The cat, not so much.
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I usually end up narrating my game as if it is an LP. I'm not even a Youtuber lol
  • Options
    MYvonneMYvonne Posts: 23 Member
    Sometimes lol but considering I talk to the air sometimes as well, it is no surprise XD
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Yes, especially when they don't follow my orders or don't take care of their own needs when I leave them alone.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I talk to them sometimes, some more than others ha don't know why but sometimes, looks like these at the moment I do makes you think they can hear you when you know darn well they can't...lol.
    02-23-17_10-23-51_PM.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I yell at them when they decide to use countertops in the basement or the patio outside when there are perfectly respectable countertops right there in the kitchen
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2018
    Not only do I talk to them, they talk to me too.
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    I talk to them all the time like I'm doing a Let's Play on Youtube :D
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,279 Member
    Yep, all the time. Especially the parents who insist that checking on the sleeping/playing/pottying toddler is more important than going to the bathroom or eating when their needs are already in the red.
    image.png
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    My sims are pretty....stupid but they've grown on me! I talk to them mainly when they are being more stupid then normal :D
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    Sometimes I yell at them if they do something stupid but that's pretty much it.